Nuclear Union gameplay STALKER reborn?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11806 Posts

gameplay trailer right here, I hope the graphics look better than what was shown since they seemed to brag a lot about it in the tech review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3-9oklWUls&feature=youtu.be

The video is based on a very early technical demo of the game that is even not at pre-alpha stage and by far does not represent the final quality of game. All textures, animations and battles system are work in progress. We were eager to show the video so that you can have the idea where the development is heading.

Spoonoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Spoonoop
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

hmm.. looked pretty terrible to me. Nothing like STALKER.

RIP Stalker 2 :(

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

It's as if the Gamebryo Engine went backwards in time.. this would be it.. but worst. Other than the graphics, the game looks interesting. It slightly reminds me of Stalker.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
Doesn't really remind me of STALKER but it could be interesting. Graphics look pretty bad though.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11806 Posts

The game is still early in development and the engine they're using is an engine originally built for RTS but rebuilt and modified so it can work with third person games. They still have a lot of time to polish the game so lets cross our fingers it looks and plays better. I mean they bragged about DX11 and all that, they better have it!

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I don't think the graphics are that bad
zhangweizheng3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zhangweizheng3
Member since 2006 • 217 Posts

Stop complaining about the graphics, it's built on the Men of War engine ffs, so it already look pretty amazing as it is.

Just hope they can take advantage of this fact and include some RTS scale huge battles, that would be so wicked.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

Doesn't really remind me of STALKER but it could be interesting. Graphics look pretty bad though.Toxic-Seahorse

Since when did graphics of this caliber become "really bad"? It actually looked technically better than any game in the STALKER series which received much praise for it's graphical achievements. The actual surrounding, trees, grass, buildings, etc looked better than STALKER and looked quite nice to me. However, much like STALKER from what I could tell about the character models is that they were the ones that were terrible graphically. Aside from that it looks quite nice. I don't like the fact that it's third person(I think). Also the blood looked stupid.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SystemsGO

Doesn't really remind me of STALKER but it could be interesting. Graphics look pretty bad though.Toxic-Seahorse

Since I double posted thought I'd share how much better the game looks than STALKER it's self. Btw, I LOVE STALKER games, and thought the graphics were great with mods, with the exception of some aspects of the game. Anyway, here are some screenshots of the game showing how great it looks.

awesome

asdfadf

sgsfg

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]Doesn't really remind me of STALKER but it could be interesting. Graphics look pretty bad though.SystemsGO

Since I double posted thought I'd share how much better the game looks than STALKER it's self. Btw, I LOVE STALKER games, and thought the graphics were great with mods, with the exception of some aspects of the game. Anyway, here are some screenshots of the game showing how great it looks.

awesome

asdfadf

sgsfg

Call or Pripyat actually look pretty good by itself (although personally I think Clear SKy looked the best but was pretty poorly optimized), but that doesn't really matter since I never said it didn't look better than STALKER, that wasn't a part of my post at all, nor did I ever hint that STALKER looked great to begin with. The graphics aren't great for a recent game, that's the only point I had.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SystemsGO

I agree Call of Pripyat looked awesome without mods, but with them it looks even better. I was only comparing it with STALKER like everyone else in general, and making the point it looks better than STALKER. Aside from that, you never elaborated before I posted my reply. You vaguely said "The graphics look pretty bad though", the graphics look great for a recent game, especially compared to games like SKYRIM(sucks without mods, big time). It's not just overly saturated with bloom and HDR to make you think it looks better than it actually does. Not to mention the game isn't out yet, and there are probably some enhancements still to be made overall. As it stands I would play it and think the graphics are great from what I've seen thus far.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Toxic-Seahorse

I agree Call of Pripyat looked awesome without mods, but with them it looks even better. I was only comparing it with STALKER like everyone else in general, and making the point it looks better than STALKER. Aside from that, you never elaborated before I posted my reply. You vaguely said "The graphics look pretty bad though", the graphics look great for a recent game, especially compared to games like SKYRIM(sucks without mods, big time). It's not just overly saturated with bloom and HDR to make you think it looks better than it actually does. Not to mention the game isn't out yet, and there are probably some enhancements still to be made overall. As it stands I would play it and think the graphics are great from what I've seen thus far.

SystemsGO
A lot of the textures (especially on the ground) look pretty mediocre. The game looks interesting though and I never said I wasn't going to buy it because of the graphics. I was just stating my opinion on what's been shown, not the finished product. Atmosphere is more important anyways and we can't really get that from screenshots and that video.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
it's not the graphics it's the way it's presented and stiff animations everything looks clunky
ironfelix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ironfelix
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hey guys, if you don't mind i'd give an official statement here. Glad some of you like the way the game is shaping up. A small disclaimer for the vid. This gameplay video is based on a very early technical demo of the game that is even not at pre-alpha stage and by far does not represent the final quality of game. All textures, animations and battle system are work-in-progress. We were eager to show you the video so that you can have the idea where the development is heading. Hope you bear this in mind before judging what you see. We will provide you more info on what you can see in the video later. Thanks!
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#16 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Even if its to show "development," I have no idea why you'd release something that clunky. What kind of response do they expect to get from that? It looks terrible.
SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SystemsGO

Even if its to show "development," I have no idea why you'd release something that clunky. What kind of response do they expect to get from that? It looks terrible. biggest_loser

I don't think enough was shown to even formulate this type of opinion. It showed some slow-motion kills, and a guy walking around. Was that really enough to give you a definitive "clunky" gameplay opinion? There wasn't much actual walking around and shooting going on to have that sortve response. Surely once more gets released we'll be able to accurately determine whether or not it's going to be clunky.

Some real gameplay would be nice. A few walking around views of the world and real-time kills would give us a better perspective on what is clunky and what isn't. From what I can tell the game looked nice so far. I say keep it up and don't let the negative Gamespot comrades discourage any future development.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Oh yay.. Another post-apocalyptic game... We haven't seen those lately! When are devs going to make Scifi games? No one else is tired of these themes?
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Noodle you need to stop trying to hype this game so much. Chances are it won't be all that great

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts
It looks very stiff, hopefully it will become more interesting when it comes closer to the release.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Even if its to show "development," I have no idea why you'd release something that clunky. What kind of response do they expect to get from that? It looks terrible. SystemsGO

I don't think enough was shown to even formulate this type of opinion. It showed some slow-motion kills, and a guy walking around. Was that really enough to give you a definitive "clunky" gameplay opinion?

Yes, it looked bad.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
The graphics look like stalker but the feel and gameplay style look different
markop2003

Forum Posts