Not a game question but a question none the less

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thugged_out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thugged_out
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts

ok i have a gamefaqs account and have for about 2 months. Now to the point... i use GameSpot for unlimited posting since i only have 56 or so karma and GameSpot loads slow like sloth and GameFAQs loads fast like cheeta. I have the fastest AT&T Yahoo DSL I can get. Does anyone know why Gamespot loads so slow?? I'm thinking it might be because it is so imaged based and GameFAQs is mostly texted based but it still shouldn't load that slow. Any help is appreciated

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
probably because its more popular, and has tons of advertising, both Text, and Video.
rixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 rixel
Member since 2003 • 72 Posts
Both Gamespot and GameFAQs are very busy sites, on and off peak times of the day. I assume that it's because, like you say, Gamespot is heavily image based. Having said that, you're browser should store most of the sites images in it's cache to allow for easy loading next time you visit, so it seems a little strange that it's taking you an eternity to load the site.
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts
Also, make sure if you're using a wireless router that no one's hogging up the bandwith.  Plus like two other people said, this tends to have more advertising, files, etc. 
Thugged_out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thugged_out
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
i have the SBC yahoo browser and this is the only site i have problems with no wireless router and IE just loads slow period...guess i'll have to try Mozilla Firefox or maybe Opera
cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
use Mozilla with Fasterfox plugin, its much faster.