No POST on new computer build [SOLVED]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Just built a new rig with the following components:

Asus P8Z77-M PRO mobo

Intel i7 2600K

8GB DDR3 (2x4GB, 1600Mhz)

2x EVGA GTX 560

Corsair 750W PSU

Slapped it all together, and voila! didn't start...

power LED on mobo lights up when PSU is turned on, but when i hit the power button, all that's happening is CPU & PSU fans spin for like a second and nothing more. mobo power LED is the only thing working after that. no beeps.

any ideas? all cables are checked multiple times. also tried without GPUs, since there's an integrated one on mobo, but same thing.

AfroPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AfroPirate
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

Check RAM take it out boot the PC and see if it beeps. If it does try one stick at a time.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Check RAM take it out boot the PC and see if it beeps. If it does try one stick at a time.

AfroPirate
This. One of the sticks might be a bad one.
Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

i agree, only try to boot with 1 stick first and see if it at least boots up. use only 1 video card also at first until it boots up properly, use only 1 hard drive for now. i always minimize the hardware i have plugged in when i first put together a pc. Make sure the video card is pushed down far enough, and properly powered also.

do you have both power cables plugged into the motherboard? theres that big one, and the smaller one also usually.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Thanks everyone, i'll be trying the RAM sticks tomorrow. guess i'm also gonna try reseting CMOS.

i agree, only try to boot with 1 stick first and see if it at least boots up. use only 1 video card also at first until it boots up properly, use only 1 hard drive for now. i always minimize the hardware i have plugged in when i first put together a pc. Make sure the video card is pushed down far enough, and properly powered also.

do you have both power cables plugged into the motherboard? theres that big one, and the smaller one also usually.

Yams1980

yeah, both cables. i also tried with one 4-pin 12V (it's splitted 8-pin), but nothing. i've tried without HDD and without both GPUs (integrated on board too, but tried also with just one plugged in), but nothing. should be able to boot with just CPU and RAM.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Is there a fault code display on your motherboard?(it'll be a 2 digit code, usually on a red lcd) If it does have a code displayed, check it against the trouble shooting section of your mobo manual.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

i've tried everything, and still nothing...

tried with only one RAM stick (with both of them), tried reseting CMOS, tried re-installing CPU. also took the mobo out of the case before started testing. i guess the mobo is just plain faulty...

Is there a fault code display on your motherboard?(it'll be a 2 digit code, usually on a red lcd) If it does have a code displayed, check it against the trouble shooting section of your mobo manual.

GarGx1

no display.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

problem solved: booted fine with another PSU. the PSU (Corsair TX750W V2 Enthusiast Series) was busted right out of the box. damn you, Corsair...