No Love for the Timshift Demo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manic626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 manic626
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts

I actually found this to be better looking and a bit more fun than COD4.

Why isn't anyone talking about it?

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

they are...on the download page for the demo, and in the forums for the game.

But if U want to know...yes, I tried it, and it looks great to me also. I like what they did with the extra funding, and the new engine looks nice. And yes, It seems quite a bit more fun to play that CoD4, which plays like all the rest of the games in the series.

harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
I downloaded it and played some. Im gunna go back to it and the CoD4 demo, but right now im playing portal. I did like how the computer helps you with the time manipulation so you don't have to decide what to do in time. the graphics are good, but not the best, i did like some blur effects and the time stopping is cool.
0Goldeneye0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 0Goldeneye0
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts
They have had like what? 3 or 4 Timeshift demos?? There kinda getting old. Besides the CoD4 demo isnt great, Its like a mod for Call of Duty 2 and 3 but looks a BIT better. then there Unreal Tournament 3, its ok, Im looking forward for the Crysis demo. Im tired of playing it online on beta, i wanna play SP!
sasjebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sasjebus
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts

Timeshift was a real surprise to me; I really enjoy the demo (however the difficulty is rather high if you aren't to familiar with the time powers yet).

But is very fun

FrozeN__54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FrozeN__54
Member since 2005 • 3434 Posts

They have had like what? 3 or 4 Timeshift demos??0Goldeneye0
I thought there were just the old and this new one..

Anyhow, Timeshift demo gets my love!

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

I actually found this to be better looking and a bit more fun than COD4.

Why isn't anyone talking about it?

manic626

LOL! Better looking than CoD 4? HILARIOUS.

FrozeN__54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FrozeN__54
Member since 2005 • 3434 Posts
Why don't you just shut that trap of yours and stop bashing the demo and peoples opinions on it?!
NismoNissan41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NismoNissan41
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts
The game to me feels like F.E.A.R. and COD combined. Timeshift in my opinion is a great game, but nothing new. ok game Iguess you could say.
Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

Why don't you just shut that trap of yours and stop bashing the demo and peoples opinions on it?! FrozeN__54

Because I get pleasure and fun out of doing it this way...laughing at people who are saying Timeshift is/will be better than Call of Duty 4. It's just funny...

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4550 Posts

[QUOTE="0Goldeneye0"]They have had like what? 3 or 4 Timeshift demos??FrozeN__54

I thought there were just the old and this new one..

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm very interested in playing this demo because I'd like to see what changes they've made. I remember the original demo being terrible.

Ohmek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Ohmek
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts

They have had like what? 3 or 4 Timeshift demos?? There kinda getting old. Besides the CoD4 demo isnt great, Its like a mod for Call of Duty 2 and 3 but looks a BIT better. then there Unreal Tournament 3, its ok, Im looking forward for the Crysis demo. Im tired of playing it online on beta, i wanna play SP!0Goldeneye0

joke? have you even read up on the new features or anything at all or just played the demo that doesn't even have 1/4 of what is really in cod4? its cod 4 of course its going to have some feel from cod 2 and 3

sasjebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sasjebus
Member since 2005 • 171 Posts

The game to me feels like F.E.A.R. and COD combined. Timeshift in my opinion is a great game, but nothing new. ok game Iguess you could say.NismoNissan41

yes truly, Quacke Wars, UT3, Crysis & COD4 really bring something completely new in a game so they are just ok games as well?

Don't make me laugh

kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kyrieee
Member since 2007 • 978 Posts

[QUOTE="FrozeN__54"]Why don't you just shut that trap of yours and stop bashing the demo and peoples opinions on it?! Skullheart

Because I get pleasure and fun out of doing it this way...laughing at people who are saying Timeshift is/will be better than Call of Duty 4. It's just funny...

I guess narrow minded forum trolls do

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

[QUOTE="FrozeN__54"]Why don't you just shut that trap of yours and stop bashing the demo and peoples opinions on it?! Skullheart

\

I have the graphics highest on both and I agree that Timeshift has better graphics than COD4, 2 of my friends agree with me too...

So go back and hide under your bridge forum troll. :P

Lord_Bafford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lord_Bafford
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts
lets not be so quick to judge COD4 yet. the game settings for the demo of COD4 go only upto normal as opposed to high or maximum. I suppose they restricted the settings for demo purposes, because the demo looks nothing like the preview videos around the net. That's what they had done with COD2 demo anyway.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

lets not be so quick to judge COD4 yet. the game settings for the demo of COD4 go only upto normal as opposed to high or maximum. I suppose they restricted the settings for demo purposes, because the demo looks nothing like the preview videos around the net. That's what they had done with COD2 demo anyway.Lord_Bafford

This is true, textures for models and world only went up to medium.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#18 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
I haven't had time to check out the demo, it was much lower priority for me than cod 4, timeshift orange box etc. Maybe in a week or so.