NFS MW NOT RECOGNIZING DIRECTX 9.0c!!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nadim_gawdat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nadim_gawdat
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Although I got a new videocard and have installed the last version of directx(9.0c), iwhen check through dxdiag I get the right version, but trying to install NFS MW I got a message that instalation cannot continue because I need the last version of it, What can I do?

Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts
Directx is obviously missing a file...download the latest version from microsoft.
dbowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 dbowman
Member since 2005 • 6836 Posts
Does the error mention any particular files that are missing?
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

This problem sounds very familiar, is your error "Installation Cannot Continue because the game requires Directx 9.0C or higher to be installed on your system."?

If so, apparently this is a known problem with MW, check out this thread, someone else had the problem and was able to get it working... http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25750618

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I just installed the latest ATI drivers (CCC 7.8) and had a similar problem - it couldn't find any Direct3D files, so no games would run.

I had already uninstalled my previous drivers and run Driver Cleaner, but another round of uninstall and reinstall of the graphics drivers, and a reinstall of DirectX did the trick. All that to get the Bioshock demo working, but boy was it worth it :D

Elemayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Elemayo
Member since 2007 • 879 Posts
do you really need us to tell you to reinstall it?
Nadim_gawdat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nadim_gawdat
I have already reinstalled it like 4 times, even i got a June 2007 redistribution pack, and it remains the same at dxdiag: 9.0c, this is the only game that doesn't work, the other ones works perfectly. by the way thanks for tell me about reinstaling it, I wouldn't thought about that never! you smart guy.
Nadim_gawdat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nadim_gawdat
Well, I've done what it saysin that post, but it didn't work for me, if I change to compatibility mode and run as windows 2000, it doesn't run at all, I'm fed up, IF SOMEONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS ERROR ON WINDOWS XP SP2 LET ME KNOW, 'CUZ I WANNA PLAY THIS GREAT GAME! THANKS TO THE HELPFUL ONES ;)
crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

I got this problem too and the way i fixed it was re-installing windows. I know its dumb to re-install windows just for a game, but it was time for me to do it anywho.

Wish I could help more, but I do know how fustrating it is, I re-installed the game like 4-5 times too and nothing. Not until I was on the fresh install of windows xp did it work. Hopefully some one knows how to fix it without having to reformat your hdd.