News at eleven: Ubisoft delays PC Prince of Persia

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Coming in June now. But I'll see the movie in May, it's going to be pretty sad to wait a couple of weeks for the game :/

MrBoxhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MrBoxhead
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Boo delays for PC games.
dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Well, you can't say I'm surprised.

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

What do you expect after assassins creed?

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#5 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
couple of weeks isn't horrible and at least they give us a few months warning I guess.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

I can only hope that they have seen the backlash to their idiotic new DRM scheme and how inevitable the futility of it was and they decided it's not such a great idea after all. I can hope. Just like I can also hope they stop putting out PC ports with inexcusable bugs that they never fix.

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts
I wouldn't count on it. I bet the delay is so they can add the DRM.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

If the dialogue is anything like the latest Prince of Persia then please allow a mute function on the Protagonist. It resulted in me uninstalling the game.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SpaceMoose

I wouldn't count on it. I bet the delay is so they can add the DRM.mattuk69
It's pretty funny. The only thing this DRM is going to get me to do is either wait until I get around to getting a PS3 or Xbox 360 and get the games used or simply not bother playing them at all.

Also, I was over at the Starcraft II forums the other day and someone was asking about playing SC2 over dial-up because broadband still isn't available in their area. **** those people I guess, right? I'm sure they're all just pirating all of their multi-gigabyte games over a dial-up connection anyway. :P

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

Well they are most likely trying to fix all the problems with the DRM (as in fix how they cracked it in the first place) dont worry UBI they will crack it again after your update.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

If the dialogue is anything like the latest Prince of Persia then please allow a mute function on the Protagonist. It resulted in me uninstalling the game.

OoSuperMarioO
I loved that:( it was like disney, it felt like fantasy... Oh well just me i guess, big fan of Nolan North.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

dakan45

I loved that:( it was like disney, it felt like fantasy... Oh well just me i guess, big fan of Nolan North.

I love animated Disney films! Besides the visual comparison, the dialogue on the Protagonist was too painful to be on a level of a Disney animated movie. It takes a lot of fining with ingeunity to make me care emotionally for a game character, compared to films from a studio of Pixar or Disney - the smallest of detail on body expressions and voice that deeply involves me with the characters.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpaceMoose

(I'm quoting a post from a different thread since it's the same topic and this thread existed first.)

Oh well, atleast it comes out.....for now, when ubisoft sees the sales of assasin creed 2 they gonna cancel titles like this one for the pc.dakan45

Yeah, I wish.

PC Digital Download Charts For The Week Ending February 27

Steam

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2. Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition
3. Aliens vs. Predator
4. Napoleon: Total War
5. Assassin's Creed 2
6. SpellForce 2: Gold Edition
7. Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
8. BioShock 2
9. Left 4 Dead 2
10. Mass Effect 2

My real question is whether this is mostly people who don't know about the ridiculous DRM or if it's people who just don't give a ****. I think we can be certain of one thing though: It's mostly not people who ever had any intention of pirating it.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

OoSuperMarioO

I love animated Disney films! Besides the visual comparison, the dialogue on the Protagonist was too painful to be on a level of a Disney animated movie. It takes a lot of fining with ingeunity to make me care emotionally for a game character, compared to films from a studio of Pixar or Disney - the smallest of detail on body expressions and voice that deeply involves me with the characters.

You know when I think about it, I notice I act to much like a young kid in terms of laughter and being silly, but I honestly can't help it, it's honest emotions for me.

My view count for Toy Story has to be over 500 today.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dakan45
^^Damn call of duty modern warfare 2, alien vs predator? Those games are still bought by so many pc gamers? I was under the impression that pc gamers are somewhat like users on this forum. I guess i was wrong. Lol l4d2 and mass effect 2 on the last place? :shock: Anyway, i guess no worries about the assasin creed 2, i dont know wherever its a good idea to hope it keeps selling well or not. Because it it sells well, more games will use it. But if it does not, then we gonna lose pc releases. Anyway i still cant understand why dead space did not sell well. Hmm is it possible that assasin creed 2 will not sell well in the future? Anyway this is becoming too frustrating, i cant say what is best at that moment. One thing is for sure, if ubisoft didnt not include the dlc and took into consideration how much the pc version was delayed propably for the shake of drm. I bet that many people would have bought the game for 40-45 bucks instead of 60 bucks. I guess they missed that. Hell if they sell the game cheap, there are higher chances of people getting the game no matter the drm or if they pirates. Ofcourse many users have said before that for pirates: Free > low price when it comes to piracy. But i still have faith that things can possibly change and if games on the pc were cheaper, more people would have bought the games. Ohh well just me i guess not completly loosing faith to the world just yet :(
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dakan45

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] I loved that:( it was like disney, it felt like fantasy... Oh well just me i guess, big fan of Nolan North.OoSuperMarioO

You know when I think about it, I notice I act to much like a young kid in terms of laughter and being silly, but I honestly can't help it, it's honest emotions for me.

You know what? I just reallized that i liked the game just because the main character talks to much with the voice of Nolan North just like uncharted, i guess i prefer playing an action game that the characters talk to each other once a while and not just keep moving killine enemies.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]I love animated Disney films! Besides the visual comparison, the dialogue on the Protagonist was too painful to be on a level of a Disney animated movie. It takes a lot of fining with ingeunity to make me care emotionally for a game character, compared to films from a studio of Pixar or Disney - the smallest of detail on body expressions and voice that deeply involves me with the characters.

dakan45

You know what? I just reallized that i liked the game just because the main character talks to much with the voice of Nolan North just like uncharted, i guess i prefer playing an action game that the characters talk to each other once a while and not just keep moving killine enemies.

I did like Nolan North in Uncharted 1 and 2. Never played Prince of Persia.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Is Ubisoft the only publisher/developer that can't keep up with the times? EA manages to release PC games on time and with quality. Even 2k manages to keep up. I don't see how such a large scale company is having such trouble with ONE version of all their games.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SpaceMoose

...Lol l4d2 and mass effect 2 on the last place? :shock:... dakan45
Well, a lot of the people who were going to buy them at full price already had them. It's not like a game can just top the charts foverever...unless it's The Sims or WoW. :P

Besides, they're not really "last" place. Ninth and tenth in sales are still good places to be. ;)

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

(I'm quoting a post from a different thread since it's the same topic and this thread existed first.)

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Oh well, atleast it comes out.....for now, when ubisoft sees the sales of assasin creed 2 they gonna cancel titles like this one for the pc.SpaceMoose

Yeah, I wish.

PC Digital Download Charts For The Week Ending February 27

Steam

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
2. Napoleon: Total War Imperial Edition
3. Aliens vs. Predator
4. Napoleon: Total War
5. Assassin's Creed 2
6. SpellForce 2: Gold Edition
7. Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
8. BioShock 2
9. Left 4 Dead 2
10. Mass Effect 2

My real question is whether this is mostly people who don't know about the ridiculous DRM or if it's people who just don't give a ****. I think we can be certain of one thing though: It's mostly not people who ever had any intention of pirating it.

It is nice to see that AC2 is still on steam top seller list!!

I didnt expect to see it there after what happend with the new DRM.....

I want to see more hack n slash games on pc so it is nice that AC2 who is a hack n slash game sell well!

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

I'm more happy to see two versions of Napoleon: Total War on the Top10 than Assassin's Creed 2 (well deserved because it's a great game, and it doesn't have any DRM or another kind of inconvenience to the legimitate buyer). :D

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

I'm more happy to see two versions of Napoleon: Total War on the Top10 than Assassin's Creed 2 (well deserved because it's a great game, and it doesn't have any DRM or another kind of inconvenience to the legimitate buyer). :D

RyuRanVII
Steam itself is DRM.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpaceMoose

I want to see more hack n slash games on pc so it is nice that AC2 who is a hack n slash game sell well!

STOCKMAN22

Well, the new DRM is why I won't be buying it. Granted, I wasn't going to buy it until it was like $10 or something on Steam anyway, because, with a few notable exceptions like Starcraft II, that is pretty much how I buy games anymore. Now I'm not going to buy it at all, unless I ever get a PS3 or 360, in which case I'll buy a used copy. Yep, they're really going to increase sales with this DRM. Man, I'll bet all of those pirates are going to be lining up on day one to buy it, because surely the DRM will never be cracked.

Yeah, I can't wait until my single player games get interrupted every time my internet connection bugs out, which it does fairly often, or whenever a remote server is down for whatever reason, or the game just bugs out anyway as Ubisoft PC ports are prone to do anymore, while the pirates actually play a more functional version of the game since they will of course have a workaround, like they ALWAYS do. Sounds great.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

[QUOTE="STOCKMAN22"]

SpaceMoose

Well, the new DRM is why I won't be buying it. Granted, I wasn't going to buy it until it was like $10 or something on Steam anyway, because with a few notable exceptions like Starcraft II, that is pretty much how I buy games anymore. Now I'm not going to buy it at all, unless I ever get a PS3 or 360, in which case I'll buy a used copy. Yep, they're really going to increase sales with this DRM. Man, I'll bet all of those pirates are going to be lining up on day one to buy it, because surely the DRM will never be cracked.

Yeah, I can't wait to have mysingle player games interrupted every time my internet connection bugs out, which it does fairly often, or when a remote server is down for whatever reason, or the game just bugs out anyway as Ubisoft PC ports are prone to do anymore, while the pirates actually play a more functional version of the game since they will of course have a workaround, like they ALWAYS do. Sounds great.

I'm surprised Ubisoft isn't bending over backwards and targeting cheapskates like you as their main customer base :lol: Do you even realize why what you think doesn't matter to these companies? The game will sell, Ubisoft will be fine, and the world will keep turning.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
[QUOTE="Renevent42"] Do you even realize why what you think doesn't matter to these companies? The game will sell, Ubisoft will be fine, and the world will keep turning.

do you realize why newer EA games don't have any install limits ?
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SpaceMoose

[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

[QUOTE="STOCKMAN22"]

Renevent42

Well, the new DRM is why I won't be buying it. Granted, I wasn't going to buy it until it was like $10 or something on Steam anyway, because with a few notable exceptions like Starcraft II, that is pretty much how I buy games anymore. Now I'm not going to buy it at all, unless I ever get a PS3 or 360, in which case I'll buy a used copy. Yep, they're really going to increase sales with this DRM. Man, I'll bet all of those pirates are going to be lining up on day one to buy it, because surely the DRM will never be cracked.

Yeah, I can't wait to have mysingle player games interrupted every time my internet connection bugs out, which it does fairly often, or when a remote server is down for whatever reason, or the game just bugs out anyway as Ubisoft PC ports are prone to do anymore, while the pirates actually play a more functional version of the game since they will of course have a workaround, like they ALWAYS do. Sounds great.

I'm surprised Ubisoft isn't bending over backwards and targeting cheapskates like you as their main customer base :lol: Do you even realize why what you think doesn't matter to these companies? The game will sell, Ubisoft will be fine, and the world will keep turning.

Whatever. Assassin's Creed wasn't even that great. I'm just curious to see where the story goes. I buy a lot more games because I buy them cheap so what difference does it make? If I paid $50 or $60 for all of my games I'd be buying a lot less games than I do. I sure would not be spending upwards of $1000 a year on games, which is probably what the amount of games I buy would cost if I bought them all when they were brand new. I've seen lots of people say they aren't going to buy the games with this DRM. Whether most of them will stick to that or not, I don't know. I can tell you that, by and large, the pirates will not buy it though. No, the pirates will find a way around it like they always do, rendering the whole thing an exercise in futility.

The only way they'll stop piracy is if the game is actually run remotely like a MMOG or something, which I'm sure some of these companies would like to do if it was actually cost effective. I'm sure they would love nothing more than to basically make it so that people can't even truly "own" new games anymore, which is the direction things are headed in. No, rather they will sell you a "license" for the ability to log into a remote server, and if at some point (after 90 days of the release of the game of course) they decide to pull the plug, like EA has been doing with the online portions of some of their games, oh well, you accepted that software agreement that nobody even reads anyway, after you opened your non-returnable game to be presented with it. Too bad, go buy the next Madden.

It's not just AC2 but potentially Splinter Cell and perhaps some other games as well that I'm not going to be buying. Of course, I bought Splinter Cell: Double Agent and you couldn't play through an entire level in that piece of garbage without it crashing, so that might have been a tough sell anyway. Think they're going to refund me for that game because of their surely high ethical standards? Yeah, right.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#27 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
[QUOTE="Renevent42"]I'm surprised Ubisoft isn't bending over backwards and targeting cheapskates like you as their main customer base :lol: Do you even realize why what you think doesn't matter to these companies? The game will sell, Ubisoft will be fine, and the world will keep turning.

Yeah, with people like you buying Modern Warfare 2 and AC 2 by the truckload, we cheapskates don't matter much.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

[QUOTE="Renevent42"]I'm surprised Ubisoft isn't bending over backwards and targeting cheapskates like you as their main customer base :lol: Do you even realize why what you think doesn't matter to these companies? The game will sell, Ubisoft will be fine, and the world will keep turning.chandu83
Yeah, with people like you buying Modern Warfare 2 and AC 2 by the truckload, we cheapskates don't matter much.

I don't own, nor plan to ever own, either of those games. In fact I can't for the life of me think of the last Ubisoft game I purchased...probably Dark Messiah though. I'm just exposing something obvious and true here. You guys can deny it or pretend like they're all stupid and you guys are so smart all you want, doesn't change anything.

I dunno, whatever...lol.

AdamK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AdamK47
Member since 2003 • 1127 Posts

For once I would like to see them delay the console release while maintaining the PC release ahead of the consoles. That would just blow my mind.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
What the heck, how is Spellforce 2 so far up on that list? Were they giving it away for free or something? Also surprised Mass Effect 2 is not higher up.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SpaceMoose
What the heck, how is Spellforce 2 so far up on that list? Were they giving it away for free or something? Also surprised Mass Effect 2 is not higher up.F1_2004
Spellforce 2 was last weekend's weekend deal, of course.
Avatar image for WufusRainwright
WufusRainwright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WufusRainwright
Member since 2010 • 225 Posts
News at eleven! LOL!