New Stracraft 2 screeens - New map

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zam
Member since 2002 • 2048 Posts

New screens showing off new area with much less color:

dorklance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dorklance
Member since 2007 • 558 Posts
soooo...when is this game coming out.......
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Looks great.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
It looks great to me.
gs_gear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gs_gear
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
soooo...when is this game coming out.......dorklance
2009 but no certain release date was given, so it could come out in December next year.:( Anyway, I think it will be released in June or July.
wackys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 wackys
Member since 2005 • 1315 Posts
soooo...when is this game coming out.......dorklance
2009.The game looks fantastic I am so gonan buy it.
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
looks ok, not brilliant but i guess a lot of people will want to run it. I have Red Alert and halo wars mehbe to last me until then.
Fuzzy_Bear123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fuzzy_Bear123
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
I'm honestly not liking the art style to this game, but whatever I'll just try to look past the art style.
Forerunner-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Forerunner-117
Member since 2006 • 8800 Posts
Looks great. I'm really digging the desert/dirt setting in those screens (pun intended :P).
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
looking good
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
At first... I thought this look like Halo. :? Don't know how I came to think that. Anyway this looks horrible, they look like action figures on a toy set. But considering this is to be set for low end specs then I'm happy with it. Big improvement over the first Starcraft, ha.
fethelth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fethelth
Member since 2008 • 124 Posts
wtf is with all the shine? everything looks like plastic. the dirt, road, marines, vehicles, etc. SC1 has alot better art style.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
the graphics are merely ok and in a year they will look even more unimpressive same for diablo 3 which will be even worst off when its released in 2011. but i'll proably still get star craft 2 since the first one i played alot.
Roris0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Roris0A
Member since 2007 • 627 Posts

lol @ the porta pottys. I love blizzard's humor.

As for the graphics itself, it's looking great.

crazymaghie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 crazymaghie123
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts
These aren't new, gamespot is just slow haha...but yeah it is looking great and I can't wait to buy a copy. When I played it at PAX is was feeling great so keep it up blizz
Drazule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Drazule
Member since 2007 • 8693 Posts
Theses are fairly old, good find though
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Looks great, love the look of the marine and did they change the look for the tank? because it looks more realistic now.
BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts
oh god that looks so much better. I didn't think blizzard still new what dirt looked like.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts
looks......very unimpressive for a game that has spent 3 ( or was it 4? ) years in development.....
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lonelynight

looks......very unimpressive for a game that has spent 3 ( or was it 4? ) years in development.....Jinroh_basic

Blizzard's games aren't suppose to be technically impressive....

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jinroh_basic

and it takes them all those years and resources to.....?

anyway, i'm not really concerned with the graphics as long as it works. it's the gameplay that matters.

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#22 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

and it takes them all those years and resources to.....?Jinroh_basic

to do a completely new Campaign with RPG Elements, Story, CGI cinematics, Gameplay, Balance, Battle.net big update, optimizing Engine, polishing Graphics to look good and dont require too much power, probably doing some of the best Musics in a Game yet again and rest little stuff like Interface etc. and pretty much everything of that gets redone like 5 times to make it perfect.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Looks a lot like Warcraft 3 with smaller units and shinier textures to me, graphically.

But the game's gonna be awesome regardless.

commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts
@@......too sad need to wait until next year...
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lonelynight
[QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

and it takes them all those years and resources to.....?Tuzolord

to do a completely new Campaign with RPG Elements, Story, CGI cinematics, Gameplay, Balance, Battle.net big update, optimizing Engine, polishing Graphics to look good and dont require too much power, probably doing some of the best Musics in a Game yet again and rest little stuff like Interface etc. and pretty much everything of that gets redone like 5 times to make it perfect.

^^^^

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jinroh_basic

we know next to nothing about gameplay besides the fact that it's using the exact SAME factions with a number a additions and modifications slapped on them. if you wanna believe that developing SC2 is real hard work ( when many other major RTSs spend significantly less time to develop and actually has more innovations ), be my guest. but i'm not buying that, sorry.

Anigafaq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Anigafaq
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
This game's going to be big
Fuzzy_Bear123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fuzzy_Bear123

we know next to nothing about gameplay besides the fact that it's using the exact SAME factions with a number a additions and modifications slapped on them. if you wanna believe that developing SC2 is real hard work ( when many other major RTSs spend significantly less time to develop and actually has more innovations ), be my guest. but i'm not buying that, sorry.

Jinroh_basic

You can't say that balancing the game is easy, can you? The only game to have perfect balance was SC1 and that took YEARS.

rob1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rob1101
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts

Jinroh_basic

Yea but no other game has been as successful as SC1 and its impressive that the game has stood up agianst the test of time. I wonder why????

And yea im really not likeing the art direction SC2 is taking.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Looks pretty nice, can't wait for it.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts
It's nice to see that bashing the most consistently great PC game developer perhaps ever is still trendy.
Fuzzy_Bear123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fuzzy_Bear123

It's nice to see that bashing the most consistently great PC game developer perhaps ever is still trendy.SpaceMoose

It's not really bashing the game. Some people, me included, are just not agreeing with the art style that SCII has taken, it's not like we signed a petition for it though (God I hope they don't start one).

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

It's not really bashing the game. Some people, me included, are just not agreeing with the art style that SCII has taken, it's not like we signed a petition for it though (God I hope they don't start one).

Fuzzy_Bear123

Well, what got me to post that actually was this epic whine:

Jinroh_basic

That's right. Developing Starcraft 2 is a piece of cake. Hell, my dog could do it. The only reason that every game Blizzard puts out wins awards is that every gaming publication is full of spoiled *cough* Blizzard fanboys who don't know what the REAL good games are. You heard it here first.

You see, what Blizzard really needs to do is just make an entirely different game that happens to be set in space and slap the name Starcraft on it and then it will sell millions. The should probably make like 50 factions. I mean, sure probably ten of them will play similarly to each other, but who cares as long as they have a nice big impressive looking number, right? Blizzard, you need to get your act together and stop churning out triple A title after triple A title and start doing whatever the chronic complainers tell you to do. Then you'll really be in business.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jinroh_basic
[QUOTE="Fuzzy_Bear123"]

SpaceMoose

Jinroh_basic

That's right. Developing Starcraft 2 is a piece of cake. Hell, my dog could do it. The only reason that every game Blizzard puts out wins awards is that every gaming publication is full of spoiled *cough* Blizzard fanboys who don't know what the REAL good games are. You heard it here first.

You see, what Blizzard really needs to do is just make an entirely different game that happens to be set in space and slap the name Starcraft on it and then it will sell millions. The should probably make like 50 factions. I mean, sure probably ten of them will play similarly to each other, but who cares as long as they have a nice big impressive looking number, right? Blizzard, you need to get your act together and stop churning out triple A title after triple A title and start doing whatever the chronic complainers tell you to do. Then you'll really be in business.

the funny thing is, you didn't even TRY to counter the points that i've put forth. maybe you don't, maybe you CAN'T, i don't know and i don't care. the fact remains that, first, SC2 recycles the exact same factions in the original game with only a handful of modifications and new units; 2nd, the graphic engine is competant but not nearly impressive enough; 3rd, many equally impressive RTS titles have spent significantly less time to develop and guess what? they are more innovative.

but to be honest, i can't say i'm surprised. becoz there's some truth in what you said afterall -- somewhere along the line many Blizz fanboys have stopped applying logical standard and started worshipping the brand name blindly. now if you guys wanna get together to high-five each other over SC2, go right ahead and have fun. excuse me. ;)

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lonelynight
[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"][QUOTE="Fuzzy_Bear123"]

Jinroh_basic

Jinroh_basic

the funny thing is, you didn't even TRY to counter the points that i've put forth. maybe you don't, maybe you CAN'T, i don't know and i don't care. the fact remains that, first, SC2 recycles the exact same factions in the original game with only a handful of modifications and new units; 2nd, the graphic engine is competant but not nearly impressive enough; 3rd, many equally impressive RTS titles have spent significantly less time to develop and guess what? they are more innovative.

but to be honest, i can't say i'm surprised. becoz there's some truth in what you said afterall -- somewhere along the line many Blizz fanboys have stopped applying logical standard and started worshipping the brand name blindly. now if you guys wanna get together to high-five each other over SC2, go right ahead and have fun. excuse me. ;)

Inovation does not equel to good.

The gameplay in SC works great, so they don't have to change a lot, they just have to change enough.

Also its funny that you talk about innovation like its extreamly important yet you have a CoD 4 avatar.

Levrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Levrar
Member since 2004 • 1286 Posts
Don't fix what ain't broken? I mean, why ruin the balance of Starcraft by adding a bunch of races that wouldn't make any sense to the storyline. Instead, Blizzard has decided to revamp the current races, which we have grown accustom to. If you don't like it then don't play it, you will be missing out.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58505 Posts

Anyone else think "why coulnt Fallout 3 use this engine and isometric perspective?"

God I would love for an actiion-RPG to use this. Maybe Silent Storm 3, or Fallout 4?