New PC 5.1 speakers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for silentassasin05
silentassasin05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 silentassasin05
Member since 2004 • 658 Posts

G'day all,

After some recommendations. Been using the trusty Logitech G-51 system for some years now and they are slowly starting to get crackly etc. So I was wondering if anyone could give some opinions on systems that are the same wattage or more. I would love to get some Logitech Z-5500 speakers, but they are discontinued, and hard to find. ebay, sure, but still. If anyone knows where I could get some of them that would be handy, all other opinions are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Why would you want a speakers that are known for going bad for only after a few years?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@silentassasin05 said:

G'day all,

After some recommendations. Been using the trusty Logitech G-51 system for some years now and they are slowly starting to get crackly etc. So I was wondering if anyone could give some opinions on systems that are the same wattage or more. I would love to get some Logitech Z-5500 speakers, but they are discontinued, and hard to find. ebay, sure, but still. If anyone knows where I could get some of them that would be handy, all other opinions are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

I have these babies: http://www.logitech.com/en-au/product/speaker-system-z906?crid=47

For the price you get lots of inputs and good sound.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

it's not a "trusty system" if it fails you after only a couple of years. speakers are not supposed to break that fast. if it's getting crackly you have listened to them too loud (or there's not enough headroom to begin with), wich basicly means you DON'T want to get a system with similiar wattage; you obviously need more wattage. your old system had only a 56W subwoofer, wich is weak as hell. low frequencies need more juice if you want deeper sound, and you obviously do want it if you are looking for 5.1 system.

the system that FelipeInsidie recommended is atleast an improvement. you might want to consider it. 150W subwoofer would be solid for desktop use.

silentassasin05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silentassasin05

@groowagon What I mean trusty system and a few years now is I have them since 2007 and they have been played hard heaps. So to last all those years to now and only now to be showing signs of crackling is good in my opinion. So they have definitely served their purposes. 150w sub would be bloody good though.

I looked at the Z906 system and from all reports the Z-5500 were actually better a system and the Z906 was a bit of a step back, also the Z906 system is rather bloody expensive!

So am up in the air at the moment!

silentassasin05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silentassasin05

Thoughts on something like these: http://www.edifier-international.com/products/edifier-multimedia/s550

http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Speakers/5.1/27695-S550?gclid=CNzltfaVi8ECFcmXvQodpCsAlQ - Same link as above, just scorptec page.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Budget?

silentassasin05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 silentassasin05

I have no budget! I wish I could say that legitimately.

Well, Say $400 ish would be ball park.