New i5 2500k PC Build

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elitemajik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Elitemajik
Member since 2002 • 333 Posts

Thoughts on this? http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=16250152 im open to suggestions as long as it doesnt get much more expensive then it already is

Avatar image for Richard_The_Gr8
Richard_The_Gr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Richard_The_Gr8
Member since 2009 • 620 Posts

For the HDD I would choose a Samsung Spinpoint F3 as I think they are a tad cheaper and have incredibly high read/write speeds.. other than that I can't really see anything that you would want to change... Looks pretty fantastic :)

nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nightz2k
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts

I'd change the PSU to something like a Corsair,Seasonic, or Antec personally. That coolermaster isn't all that good from what I've read about it. (80Plus doesn't always mean it's good quality)

And like the last post, I agree, a Samsung Spinpoint F3 or even a Western Digital Black(just my personal pref) would be better off.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
I'd suggest you getting a Z68 mobo, HAF 922 and G. Skill RAM.
XanaduTheBand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XanaduTheBand
Member since 2005 • 2971 Posts
Just my $0.02 here but I too am building an i2500k set-up in the next couple of weeks and a lot of people seem to favor the ATi 6950 GPU over the 560 fermi. It's not much more and may be a more "future proof". Just a thought. Also the WD black or Samsung drives are praised a lot and should be considered because of all the problems people tend to have with their HDs. Hope that helps. Now if I can just find a case I like...