Neverwinter Nights 2 crashing any ideas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gorebreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gorebreath
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

I bought the platinum edition a week ago and the game crashes at the same point every time. I am using windows 7 btw. After selecting new game whenever I choose any expansion to go into character create it loads up 50-90% then I get a windows error saying the game has stopped working looking for solution (which it never does)

Now b4 everyone tells me I probably don't meet system specs which seems to be everyone's solution when I googled fixes, my computer absolutly DOES run this game. How do I know? Well let's say I took illegal measures to insure this game was worth playing before I payed for it. The less than legal version of the game worked flawlessly on max graphics. I enjoyed the first few areas of the game so I shopped around finally found a un used copy and now I am unable to play it.

Also I did dump my ovverride folder as well as my localVault folders as the interntz suggested but this did nothing.

Also I am running in admin mode and I have tried various compatibility modes to no avail.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
had this exact same problem. Still haven't been able to fix it
gorebreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gorebreath
had this exact same problem. Still haven't been able to fix itlawlessx
Yea man it sucks.
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

make sure the game is fully patched.

sometimes auto patching won't work; check neverwinter nights vault for patches, and how to patch the game by yourself.

OrkHammer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 OrkHammer007
Member since 2006 • 4753 Posts

Have you tried running it in Win XP compatibility mode?

gorebreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gorebreath

make sure the game is fully patched.

sometimes auto patching won't work; check neverwinter nights vault for patches, and how to patch the game by yourself.

teardropmina
I will try this. since the auto patcher just freezes.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Have you tried running it in Win XP compatibility mode?

OrkHammer007
i tried this..and alot of other fixes found online. no luck.
Exyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Exyll
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

"Well let's say I took illegal measures to insure this game was worth playing before I payed for it."

lol thats funny, because my base version of NWN2 worked like yours flawlessly, and I aquired it the same way

So, like you, I went ahead and bought the complete. Now Im rebooting every 45 mins, just in nwn2

I have a x-fired AMD6900 setup windows 7 home premium,1-7 processor; 16GB Ram; have played tons of 2011/2012 titles at maxed ultra settings....

and this 7yr old game is crushing my machine...been searching around for some kind of connection between this game, my OS and my video cards, because I really thinks its my cards conflicting with this game (or it could be a patching issue, I assumed the complete would be fully patched...y'know, cause it's 'Complete')

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I have this game and it runs fine. I play on windows 7.

I didn't buy platinum, I bought the D & D Neverwinter Nights complete collection.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#10 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Try differnt drivers? Try a defrag? Make sure you have all the updates? Try a reformat? Game hasn't crashed for me in years.

I just beat Neverwinter Nights 2 the other day and I didnt have any crashes So not sure what else to say bud. The game would crash when it first came out but not anymore, atleast for me.

*Played it on windows7 and it was the GOG.com COMPLETE edition that I just recently played btw (had the vaniall game with onely one of the 3 expansion packs before*