Need Quick reply, Comp is heating up need to know how to cool it down

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2434 Posts
Hey, My comp is heating up while I play NFS MW and I used to usually play it fine. Every time it heats up it makes a beeping noise thats pretty load and very annoying. I have a temp reader and while I play NFS MW it goes up to 75C, i know the temp reader makes a noise but when I turn it off the computer makes the beeping noise. Anyways how can I cool it down without buying anything, my rig is in my sig and I have everything turned max in NFS, I did try turning it down but it didnt help much. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Arch_Demonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Arch_Demonz
Member since 2006 • 671 Posts
that is weird that its overheating, those parts are pretty low level.. and no overclocking?

your room temp reel high? bad air circulation? broken fan(s)?

a tower with good circulation should be all u need, so thats weird
Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ice-Cube
funny you mentioned my room temp because it was really hot in my room and its a small room (bedroom) I just opened my wiindow now to cool it down and right now the temp is 60-62C. Would taking off the cover help? the side panel of the system and maybe placing a fan beside it? I'm not sure what else to do, thanks for your help so far.
Arch_Demonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Arch_Demonz
Member since 2006 • 671 Posts
[QUOTE="Ice-Cube"]funny you mentioned my room temp because it was really hot in my room and its a small room (bedroom) I just opened my wiindow now to cool it down and right now the temp is 60-62C. Would taking off the cover help? the side panel of the system and maybe placing a fan beside it? I'm not sure what else to do, thanks for your help so far.

shouldnt be necissary.. that pc should be fine with good airflow and working tower fans.. but yeh, if needed u can open up the tower, and even get a med size room fan and set it up to blow into the tower, but youll have to get compressed air and clean off the component every couple months because dust on the parts traps heat on the components, and a fan will accelerate the amount of dust collecting in the tower (btw dusty innards might be another possible reason for the overheating)
bangthedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 bangthedoor
Member since 2003 • 2215 Posts
[QUOTE="Ice-Cube"]funny you mentioned my room temp because it was really hot in my room and its a small room (bedroom) I just opened my wiindow now to cool it down and right now the temp is 60-62C. Would taking off the cover help? the side panel of the system and maybe placing a fan beside it? I'm not sure what else to do, thanks for your help so far.

60-62C, shouldnt you be like uhm...dead?
Glordit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Glordit
Member since 2005 • 1525 Posts
[QUOTE="bangthedoor"][QUOTE="Ice-Cube"]funny you mentioned my room temp because it was really hot in my room and its a small room (bedroom) I just opened my wiindow now to cool it down and right now the temp is 60-62C. Would taking off the cover help? the side panel of the system and maybe placing a fan beside it? I'm not sure what else to do, thanks for your help so far.

Mabey he's a salamader? Anyway check for dust buildup on your fans, had the same prob but with my 6600.
crazytom49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 crazytom49
Member since 2006 • 755 Posts
[QUOTE="bangthedoor"][QUOTE="Ice-Cube"]funny you mentioned my room temp because it was really hot in my room and its a small room (bedroom) I just opened my wiindow now to cool it down and right now the temp is 60-62C. Would taking off the cover help? the side panel of the system and maybe placing a fan beside it? I'm not sure what else to do, thanks for your help so far.

I think he might mean the cpu not his room... lol Anyway, im guessing dust is the main problem atm, maybe an extra fan would help 2
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
#1 Clean out components with Compressed Air. If you have none, better work out on those lungs. Dust clogs fans, clogs the heatsink, making it harder for the hot air to dissipate on the heatsink. Infact the Dust insulates the heat keeping it trapped. #2 Open up the side of your PC case #3 Buy aftermarket cooling (Zalman or Arctic Silencer) - I know you said no money, but this is the last one you will resort too.
Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ice-Cube
Aright thanks for the reply's, I have air compressor cans so i'll try using those in my system.
Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ice-Cube
It worked great, there was soo much dust in it and on the fan. I think that was the problem, now when I turn it on its at 50C and when I play it's at 60-65C which is great compared to 65C when turned on and 75C-80C when playing. The beeping has stopped and when idle its 45-50C. I appreciate your help and I thank you for those tips, it's never been this low. Thanks again.
Cyborg-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cyborg-21
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
There you go. Just clear out the dust inside the case once every few months, and make sure all wires are neatly tied down.