Need help with little blue box on desktop.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

This little blue box appeared in the top left corner of my desktop and not sure where it came from or how to get rid of it. I cannot right click it or find it in add/remove and virus scan does not detect anything.

From internet research best i could come up with its something called Dotpocket for remote access but couldn't find a single thing on how to remove it.

Notice the box below? Any hints?

Also for the experts out there. How do i gain access to windows task manager processes to see what's what and get rid of what i don't want? This windows XP asn't been formatted in 3 and 1/2 years and as alot of junk. 44 processes which i'm sure is way too many.

quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts

I'll start with the easiest first. You can access the startup stuff by going to Start>Run and typing in "msconfig" without the quotes.

But before you do, I would suggest a program like System Mechanic to tune that computer up. I think it has a free unlimited 30 day trial. Make sure to update it and also go to repair tab and update the Phython spyware area. Do a comprehensive "total care" tune up. It finds stuff that you probably never would, including defrag, registry stuff, spyware, etc.

Also when you click ctrl, alt del to get to the task manager, you can stop some processes. This is handy if you identify spyware and need to stop it before you can delete it. (I use in coordination with Ad Aware, a decent freebie) If you clik the user name tab it will put things in order. Most things under system are the things you should be looking for, if I remember correctly.

Good luck.

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Ok did config and got the list and i googled most of the stuff to see what it was and only one i couldn't see what it was.

Ziocj.exe

Anyway found nothing in there to explain that blue box and installed addon to titan quest and started playing again after not touching it for a few months and it pauses alot. I set everything to low and changed nothings so its interference from something but World of warcraft, nhl 2007, ect.. work fine.

Anyway i'll look into those programs. Thanks. 

Â