Need help installing a graphics card into my second computer...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nht12101990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 nht12101990
Member since 2005 • 1615 Posts

I recently bought a Slimline Inspiron 530s and I bought a low profile PCI Express x16 graphics card to use for it. I have two problems that I have with installing it:

1. How do I remove the full size bracket so I can put on the low profile bracket?

2. There is a metal plate blocking my PCI Express slot I can see it but I can't get to it. I lifted the plate but there is a wire going through it and I can't lift it enough to put my grahics card inside.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

karasill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 karasill
Member since 2007 • 3155 Posts
That PC was not meant to be upgraded... If it seems you can't get in to it without breaking some things then don't do it unless you're willing to take a chance. I guess you can try getting some pillars and ripping things off. I'm sorry I'm not much help, you should have gotten a bigger computer if you had upgrading in mind.
nht12101990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 nht12101990
Member since 2005 • 1615 Posts

That PC was not meant to be upgraded... If it seems you can't get in to it without breaking some things then don't do it unless you're willing to take a chance. I guess you can try getting some pillars and ripping things off. I'm sorry I'm not much help, you should have gotten a bigger computer if you had upgrading in mind. karasill

Never mind figured out how to do the low profile bracket on my own and found a documentation online how to remove the metal plate without breaking anything. Thanks for the attempt though. :D

Hootin313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Hootin313
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

where did you find this documentation, i'm looking to do a similar upgrade to a similar model