Need a suggestion on a monitor.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrooperManaic
Member since 2004 • 3863 Posts

I've been looking around and have become very indecisive on what I should get as nothing seems to satisfy all of my needs. I realize I cant have my ideal monitor but I'm hoping I could see if anyone knows where to find some sweet deals.

What I'm looking for is a 5ms or below monitor. Any higher then that then I would notice the lag.

I'd like it to be a IPS display "from what I hear its the best" but I can settle for TFT granted that from what most people say its either or in terms of quality.

Id like to have higher then 60Hz but then were getting into crazy price ranges and IDK if it will surpass my budget but if there is one out there that wont break the bank then I'd be happy with it.

I was gonna go 4K but I'm gonna wait on that so I'd like to go 1080P this time.

Id like it to have both a DVI and a HDMI port.

Gsync?

All for about $200 or below. I really don't want to go higher then $200 but if its a must have then let me know.

I'm gonna make the purchase on Wednesday the 28th so I got a full week to decide. Time is on my side. Its likely that I'm going to buy a second monitor if I like it. I do plan on using it for gaming.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

If you're willing to spend ax extra $20 for a 1440P monitor then go for it - 27" Qnix QX2710 2560 X 1440
Also, you can overclock it to about 96hz.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TrooperManaic

I've been looking at some different models and this one stands out the most in my opinion.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1990490&Sku=

Its 1080P IPS with the hookups I need and its even 2ms response time. I don't even think there is even a better screen for less then $200 out there.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
@TrooperManaic said:

I've been looking at some different models and this one stands out the most in my opinion.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1990490&Sku=

Its 1080P IPS with the hookups I need and its even 2ms response time. I don't even think there is even a better screen for less then $200 out there.

The monitor insane posted above is much better. Of course it's an off grade panel, but I'd buy it over the monitor you linked.

Also the values listed for the response times don't mean anything. Those are regarding ghosting which isn't really important, and they just throw numbers out. What is important is input lag, and of course that is not advertised. A monitor overclocked to 96hz is going to have less input lag than the monitor you linked.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

i am using a Aoc monitor. fine

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Speaking of monitors.. Acer released a G-Sync monitor.
Specs: 27" / 144hz / 1ms / NVIDIA® 3D Vision / X4 USB 3.0 / 1080P (1920 X 1080). Which you can currently get on sale (on newegg) for $480 - Acer XB270H
If anyone's looking for a 1080P G-Sync monitor well then, here you have it.
It's pricey but I guess, that's what you pay for G-Sync and 144hz.
It does look pretty sweet though if only it was 1440P.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Acer also released a 4K G-Sync monitor.
Specs: 28" / 60hz / 1ms / NVIDIA® 3D Vision / X4 USB 3.0 / 4K (3840 X 2160). It's going for $800 on newegg - Acer XB280HK
Would you go for Acer XB280HK or ROG Swift? (considering they are the same price) Keep in mind Acer XB280HK is 4K but is only 60hz while ROG Swift is 144hz but is only 1440P.

TrooperManaic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TrooperManaic

@JigglyWiggly_ said:
@TrooperManaic said:

The monitor insane posted above is much better. Of course it's an off grade panel, but I'd buy it over the monitor you linked.

Also the values listed for the response times don't mean anything. Those are regarding ghosting which isn't really important, and they just throw numbers out. What is important is input lag, and of course that is not advertised. A monitor overclocked to 96hz is going to have less input lag than the monitor you linked.

IDK what off grade panel means buy my buddy tells me to stay far away from it whenever possible.