NA STALKER Call of Pripyat

This topic is locked from further discussion.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I am looking for a good place to buy STALKER CoP here in the US. When I went to Gamestop to pay off AvP and Bioshock 2 I asked if they had it to pre-order. They did not, what a suprise :roll:. Will I just need to settle for Amazon? Or is there any other places that will be recieving it?

dapcnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dapcnut
Member since 2004 • 87 Posts

I was surprised that with less than a week from release, No body in my area has even heard of the game.
So I pre-ordered it from Amazon.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I was surprised that with less than a week from release, No body in my area has even heard of the game.
So I pre-ordered it from Amazon.

dapcnut

Yea I have 3 Gamestops near me and non of them has even heard of STALKER SoC. Well I guess my best bet is Amazon, I have no issues with that. I was just wondering if there would be a place to do in-store pickup. Best Buy may get it, they just might not have it available to preorder.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

Well I guess you'll have it when it's released. Here, in East Europe we have it in the stores since Christmas :) It's on Russian, but that's not a problem for me... Played it in a friend and even tho I don't like the Stalker games, that one was really cool. As far as I know, only Russian and Ukrainian versions are released, so we can only wait for the English to come.

Luis_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Luis_76
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

I am looking for a good place to buy STALKER CoP here in the US. When I went to Gamestop to pay off AvP and Bioshock 2 I asked if they had it to pre-order. They did not, what a suprise :roll:. Will I just need to settle for Amazon? Or is there any other places that will be recieving it?

millerlight89

Yeah, what a surprise, I was recently at my local Gamestop and they told me the same thing they told you, anyway you can get It at newegg.com for $36.99 free shipping and handling, you will save 3 dollars lol but thats up to you..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832794020&cm_re=s.t.a.l.k.e.r.-_-32-794-020-_-Product

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
I would think Best Buy would have some copies.
Luis_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Luis_76
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

I checked Bestbuy, typed In s.t.a.l.k.e.r. and the only game that came up was SOC, they might have It after It's released..

brodelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 brodelin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts

Same issue here in Sweden. I went to EBgames to ask about this game and they have no clue. I can only hope that we will recieve the same Collectors Edition (with the zippo lighter) as Russians and Germany got.

IbnLaAhad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IbnLaAhad
Member since 2009 • 1326 Posts

Hmm... buy it from Ukraine or Germany and get it shipped here, I got my Ukrainian copy from a friend. I don't think customs is that strict on software, are they?

archerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 archerus
Member since 2003 • 241 Posts

It would seem that Call of Pripyat does not exist in Canada. Not listed anywhere, and most American sites don't ship to Canada.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

You can always buy it directly from the distributor for North America:

http://www.viva-media.com/product_info.php?products_id=179&osCsid=15ff124d48907b2831c0338a63a343dc

they are the official source to get the game (like if you were buying from EA). Ship to both US and Canada

VeryBumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 VeryBumpy
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts

Is there a list of brick and mortar stores that will have CoP on day of release in USA?

archerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 archerus
Member since 2003 • 241 Posts

Well turns out I'm a retard I could have sworn I tried to buy games on Amazon.com and it wouldn't let me. Maybe its just been a while, or maybe its just the extra shipping costs that turned me off of american sites. Oh well problem solved.

Edit: Turns out that only certain items can in fact get shipped to Canada. Looks like its on a per item basis, and most items that are on sale or are part of a deal won't ship.