My thoughts on MoH open beta.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

Im seeing a lot of hate on this game which is weird because i like it :P. I thought that sector control was fun, and they gave a relatively small map to use. A lot are complaining about campers but ive yet to come across a lot...in combat mission i have very little..but you cant play an FPS without campers (unless its quake live of course). The snow map had a ton of detail! I was impressed mostly by the sounds the game had. Shooting a gun in the small cave in the snow map made a totally different echoed sound than outside of it. So far only flaw ive seen is i expected less ammo capacity for the side arm and accidently running while trying to hold your breath happened to me alot. Feel free to post opinions!

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

How come when i watch the gameplay videos it looks freaking amazing but when i play the beta's it feels stupid. I feel as if there are no weapons and i dont know why but i cant get my contrast/brightness and colors right for this game. Either it looks grey ish lacking color or the freaking snow is like looking into a flashlight. Cant get it to what the videos show... Plus the maps suck so far. only liked 1 of the 4 maps all together from the beta's.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Well I just got done playing a few maps and it was better than I thought, however not great. I played on the mountain pass map and it was a pretty mehtastic map. I like the location and I like the setting, the layout sucks though. It encourages nothing but camping and/or sniping. I have no played the other one yet. I hope it is better. The guns feel nice and I would even go as far to say the hit detection is much better than BC2. I had really no lag on any of the servers and it was pretty smooth. It runs great and looks pretty good. In the end though, I can not help but feel it is a stripped down BC2, which is a stripped down Battlefield game. I will end up getting this game, but I will ask for it for Christmas. I have a feeling CoD BO may be better.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Well I just got done playing a few maps and it was better than I thought, however not great. I played on the mountain pass map and it was a pretty mehtastic map. I like the location and I like the setting, the layout sucks though. It encourages nothing but camping and/or sniping. I have no played the other one yet. I hope it is better. The guns feel nice and I would even go as far to say the hit detection is much better than BC2. I had really no lag on any of the servers and it was pretty smooth. It runs great and looks pretty good. In the end though, I can not help but feel it is a stripped down BC2, which is a stripped down Battlefield game. I will end up getting this game, but I will ask for it for Christmas. I have a feeling CoD BO may be better.iliatay
w8 how did u play the beta without buying it?

Its an open beta on Steam until the 7th . Come at me bro. Call me a liar. J/K :P.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Well I just got done playing a few maps and it was better than I thought, however not great. I played on the mountain pass map and it was a pretty mehtastic map. I like the location and I like the setting, the layout sucks though. It encourages nothing but camping and/or sniping. I have no played the other one yet. I hope it is better. The guns feel nice and I would even go as far to say the hit detection is much better than BC2. I had really no lag on any of the servers and it was pretty smooth. It runs great and looks pretty good. In the end though, I can not help but feel it is a stripped down BC2, which is a stripped down Battlefield game. I will end up getting this game, but I will ask for it for Christmas. I have a feeling CoD BO may be better.iliatay

Its free to anybody who wants it
iliatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iliatay
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts

[QUOTE="iliatay"][QUOTE="millerlight89"]Well I just got done playing a few maps and it was better than I thought, however not great. I played on the mountain pass map and it was a pretty mehtastic map. I like the location and I like the setting, the layout sucks though. It encourages nothing but camping and/or sniping. I have no played the other one yet. I hope it is better. The guns feel nice and I would even go as far to say the hit detection is much better than BC2. I had really no lag on any of the servers and it was pretty smooth. It runs great and looks pretty good. In the end though, I can not help but feel it is a stripped down BC2, which is a stripped down Battlefield game. I will end up getting this game, but I will ask for it for Christmas. I have a feeling CoD BO may be better.millerlight89

Its an open beta on Steam until the 7th . Come at me bro. Call me a liar. J/K :P.

my bad lol. i feel really stupid now :| thanks thoughn if i didnt see that i would never have played the beta.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

It looks great and sounds great, and the gameplay videos were amazing, but actually playing it and seeing all of the problems(primarily with the absolutely horrid map design) are just disappointing. It would be different if this weren't final code, but since the game releases in about seven days, they don't have the time to fix the problems we find with it.

I'll probably still buy the game just because EALA seems to be doing a solid job on the campaign.

napalm_winter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 napalm_winter
Member since 2004 • 663 Posts

I was really hoping the game was going to be better than the first beta, but it wasn't really the case. The graphics feel a bit dated, I really don't like how the weapons fire - it doesn't "feel" realistic; the maps are boring, and overall, it just isn't much fun; it certainly isn't as good as BC2 or even BF2. Sigh. I guess I will just wait for BC2:Vietnam.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

I was really hoping the game was going to be better than the first beta, but it wasn't really the case. The graphics feel a bit dated, I really don't like how the weapons fire - it doesn't "feel" realistic; the maps are boring, and overall, it just isn't much fun; it certainly isn't as good as BC2 or even BF2. Sigh. I guess I will just wait for BC2:Vietnam.

napalm_winter
Dittio. Map design is probably the biggest killer for me. And i've also been wanting an older fps to play ( as i the setting ). Vietnam should be great
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 millerlight89
[QUOTE="napalm_winter"]

Papadrach
Dittio. Map design is probably the biggest killer for me. And i've also been wanting an older fps to play ( as i the setting ). Vietnam should be great

The map design killed it for me as well. I could see myself having fun if the maps were not so damn **** Maybe they have better ones. Though the two they have now are terrible.
Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts
Wow, just played it, did not enjoy it at all. Might be because I suck at PC games, but I thought it was pretty butt. I very rarely felt out skilled, it was more like out sprayed, or forhead clipped. Oh and the spawn camping is ridiculous.
fuzzyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fuzzyking
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

just played it for about 2 hours. its so... not well designed. like it by all means is decent, but the gameplay is just Go, then random death, over and over and over. i was decent, i mean 1/1 kill and death, but the overall design was just so crappy.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 millerlight89

just played it for about 2 hours. its so... not well designed. like it by all means is decent, but the gameplay is just Go, then random death, over and over and over. i was decent, i mean 1/1 kill and death, but the overall design was just so crappy.

fuzzyking
Yea I know what you mean. I mean it wasn't terrible, but the design was fell. Like DICE didn't put much thought into it. Which I am sure they are busy on BF3, which I would rather have :P. I went from around 1:1 k/d ratio, then I went to 5:1 after playing like the majority (camping). The maps encourage it a bit too much. I know every game has them, but this one is loaded.
mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

As much as I can cheer on EA taking it to Activi$ion, i cant see how this MoH revival is gonna work out. Its too bad. I guess we can only hope. PC shooter community seems to dislike change unless its got COD attached to it. Look at how popular CSS, TF2, and BF2 still are! Definetely deserved though as they are some of the best games ever released.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
If the maps were better I would be happy. Spawn camping is insane and I can't even count how many times I got no scoped from across the map. The idea was there but the execution is off
Avatar image for deactivated-5857b4a04988e
deactivated-5857b4a04988e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5857b4a04988e
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
I think I'll get this game after the price drops to 30 or so bucks. It's much more fast paced than BC2, which I like, and definitely more PC friendly than MW2.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 millerlight89

Look at how popular CSS, TF2, and BF2 still are! Definetely deserved though as they are some of the best games ever released.

mkaliaz

Well lets be real. There hasn't been a multiplayer game like those for sometime. We have had some "good" ones, but not great. It really is no wonder they are still popular.