My opinions so far on my 750D

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

I just got a 750D, and i allready got a few gripes with it. some fo wich i was allready aware off, and maybe some not.

The front intake is narrow, its clearly designed for 120mm fans, if you stick in 140mm fans, the case panels are covering some of the fans airflow, wich i dont like. Corsair is also kinda forcing you to use there screws for front fan mounting. because there are no standard fan screw holes with wich you can also use rubber grommets for mounting fans. instead there is a narrower hole with thread in it.

I also dont like the fact that theres fan positions on the front bottom, wich are unfiltered, they are actually under the drive cages. Its goign to be kinda hard to keep positive pressure in the case, also because of narrowed intake. So these bottom meshes are going to suck up dust, since my pc sits on the floor..

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

That's why I always recommend on the R series.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

Just make a filter yourself?

Weird that the 550D has a dust filter for the fans in the bottom, and the 750D does not.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TDuiker

@horgen said:

Weird that the 550D has a dust filter for the fans in the bottom, and the 750D does not.

Well i have several screw on filters, and the PSU actually does have a filter, but theres 2 fan positions on the bottom aswell wich dont.

I have plastic filters from NZXT i believe, i also have generic alloy filters.

Im not going to put fans there, im more inclined to just block them off entirely, by mean of (im thinking) a filter in combination with a drive cage base.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@TDuiker said:

@horgen said:

Well i have several screw on filters, and the PSU actually does have a filter, but theres 2 fan positions on the bottom aswell wich dont.

Im not going to put fans there, im more inclined to just block them off entirely, by mean of (im thinking) a filter in combination with a drive cage base.

If you're not going to put fans on the bottom of the case, just block them with some duct tape or something

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TDuiker

@PredatorRules said:

@TDuiker said:

@horgen said:

If you're not going to put fans on the bottom of the case, just block them with some duct tape or something

I was actually thinking exactly the same thing just now LOL. I got some black electrical tape, that i think would be perfectly suited for this aplication..

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

Well blocking them also works if you are not going to use them.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TDuiker

@horgen said:

Well blocking them also works if you are not going to use them.

I have absolutely no intention of using a bottom intake, so i just cut some pieces of paper to size, and used the electrical tape to seal it off.

I was afraid i didnt have enough of the tape, so i used the paper to seal the majorety of the meshes.

How often do you look at the bottom of your pc .. lol