My new muse: Mount & Blade: Warband

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

Finally dabbled into the single player for the first time today after a couple times messing with the custom battle mode when I first got it off of Steam a month ago. It's bloody amazing for a dated looking game from an obscure French developer. Sure it's kind of rough in some ways but like STALKER it's one of those unique experiences you can only get on the PC. Hoping for a good Greek/Sparta mod at some point as experiencing the Phalanx in 1st person would be pretty awesome.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Mount & Blade is fantastic, while I haven't played Warband a couple of friends of mine are obsessed with its multiplayer. So many great mods, personally the battle scale changer is a must. Oh and the developer Tale Worlds is actually Turkish, originally just two people.
Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

What's cool about the single player is it's Lord of the Realm meets Total War meets Oblivion amalgamation. The scale is just huge.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#4 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Mount & Blade is fantastic, while I haven't played Warband a couple of friends of mine are obsessed with its multiplayer. So many great mods, personally the battle scale changer is a must. Oh and the developer Tale Worlds is actually Turkish, originally just two people.

I heard somewhere it was started by a husband/wife team Yeah put in alot of hours into it, I set my battle size to 200, gonna play it again once the mods are converted to warband.
ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Mount & Blade is fantastic, while I haven't played Warband a couple of friends of mine are obsessed with its multiplayer. So many great mods, personally the battle scale changer is a must. Oh and the developer Tale Worlds is actually Turkish, originally just two people.illmatic87
I heard somewhere it was started by a husband/wife team Yeah put in alot of hours into it, I set my battle size to 200, gonna play it again once the mods are converted to warband.

I think it started as a husband and wife team and it got expanded by people adding their own things into the projects through stuff like mods. I also i thought it started in Russia not France

eclarkdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 eclarkdog
Member since 2004 • 1310 Posts

The couple is Turkish

ThaLioN987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ThaLioN987
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i like the fighting alot in mount and blade its really realistic and i cant wait to play warband :)!!
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

It's a pretty cool game. I had a decent character on my first playthrough, but I found myself reloading when things didn't go my way, and it looks like the damage done to you and your allies is set to easy mode by default. So I was going to start from scratch on a harder difficulty setting, but haven't yet.

The multiplayer is decent but I don't think it's amazing. It's too bad you can't play co-op or something.

rastaman219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rastaman219
Member since 2006 • 3032 Posts
Im a bit so-so, mainly cos my campaign character had an army of 200 and we got defeated and I lost everything. Now im back to phase one but with a strong character. Also, yea taleworlds are turkish, and it's published by Turkish Paradox