My computer keeps jamming up...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Iced_Earth_Rulz
Iced_Earth_Rulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Iced_Earth_Rulz
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

So, when I'm playing Skyrim, Crysis, Metro 2033 or any more recent games my computer just freezes every once in a while. Ctl+alt+del doesn't even work so I can't recover or end the game, I have to force my computer to restart. Any suggestions on fixing this?

Tim_Millington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Tim_Millington
Member since 2007 • 1615 Posts

I would try to update the drivers for your card first.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

When those problems started ? Did it happened before. The most obvious think to do is update your VGA drivers. If it continues doing it either test your VGA on another pc or place another VGA in your pc and see where that goes. If the Vga is fine then most likely is the power supply. Another culprit might also be Ram and that is much easier to verify. Most computers have 2 or 3 sticks of Ram Just remove all sticks of Ram and leave only 1 and test your pc then test it with another stick. If the problem persists then its not the RAM if the problem is solved then its the RAM

BTW I only decided to help because your name is iced_earth rulez :P

Avatar image for Richard_The_Gr8
Richard_The_Gr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Richard_The_Gr8
Member since 2009 • 620 Posts

Back up the PC and fresh install of windows..

Avatar image for Iced_Earth_Rulz
Iced_Earth_Rulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Iced_Earth_Rulz
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

Sorry for the late reply I've been in Flordia. My drivers are updated, I check that religiously. It can't be my ram because my computer reads it fine and it can't be my vga its pretty new, then again it could be. So the only culprit would be my psu, which makes sense because it sucks to begin with. The problems started in April, then my computer stopped doing for a few months and they started back up again.

Btw, Iced Earth is the sh*t! I just picked up tickets to see them in Chicago!

Also, I use a MSI 460 now not my 250's. I can't figure out how to update my sig because my settings don't even list whats in it. Lame.

gamerns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 gamerns
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

It's hard to say why it's happening. Could be insufficient ram, or insufficient CPU, or too many processes running that you don't even know about. And yes reinstalling Windows might also help. And BTW the only reason I decided to help you is because of the topic title!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffCmFDzaYyQ