MWO: double exp weekend, new mechs on parade

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

mechwarrior online is having a double exp weekend and they are also rolling out some new mechs :D

new mechs introduced:

commando hero: death knell (blue urban cammo)

light/scout mechs: spider

medium: ciacada

and up next on the table will be a new hero assault mech to finally deliever the ehavy pilots something to use to rake in moneh also expect:

heavy: jagermech

assault: highlander

http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/16/mechwarrior-online-introduces-spider-mech-offers-double-xp-weekend/

#2 Posted by vfibsux (4461 posts) -

Am I the only one who did not even know this game was out? Must be a real hit.

#3 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
This is still in open beta right?
#4 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Sorry, what?
#5 Posted by James161324 (8315 posts) -

This game is out?

#6 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

Am I the only one who did not even know this game was out? Must be a real hit.

vfibsux
Quality marketing, I keep hearing whiners mention leaving World of Tanks for this game, but nobody ever did and nobody really cares about it in general from what I saw.
#7 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

This is still in open beta right?AcidSoldner
yes its not out yet this being said the game is running buttery smooth so its probably going to get a full release soon. the game is amazing and finding matches is stupid easy. they only have matchmaking but it takes seconds to get in.

#8 Posted by Iantheone (8242 posts) -
Wait its out? Why has no one told me about this!
#9 Posted by WiiMan21 (8191 posts) -

I'm big in Hawken and from what I hear it's better than MWO.

#10 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

WiiMan21

no its nit hawken is a bg ridden mess. while the game is more open minded perhaps hawken is also alot less of a tactical game. picking the right mechs and pilots making the correct clutch maneuvers can really make or break a match. in hawken its a little more about who can double team who and how they handle it. this is at least from what ive seen.

ive seen single scot clases turn the tides of a fight by crippling a teams long range players or seen assaults tanks entire teams like bawses

#11 Posted by WiiMan21 (8191 posts) -

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

ionusX

no its nit hawken is a bg ridden mess. while the game is more open minded perhaps hawken is also alot less of a tactical game. picking the right mechs and pilots making the correct clutch maneuvers can really make or break a match. in hawken its a little more about who can double team who and how they handle it. this is at least from what ive seen.

ive seen single scot clases turn the tides of a fight by crippling a teams long range players or seen assaults tanks entire teams like bawses

it varies by whos on your team, I enjoy playing with a group of friends and we destroy because we actually coordinate our attacks.
#12 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="WiiMan21"]

WiiMan21

it varies by whos on your team, I enjoy playing with a group of friends and we destroy because we actually coordinate our attacks.

and we cant? ah poor folks hinking you cant talk in the other game (we even has built in voice-chat)

#13 Posted by GamingVengeance (1874 posts) -
@ionus is that MWO in your sig
#14 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

@ionus is that MWO in your sigGamingVengeance
yes thats the hunchback medium mech. the hunchback is distinguishable by its giant arse should gun that can punch holes through mechs with two shots ive takens legs off with this thing. it has a couple of variants but the shoulder is where it will make u suffer from in the end

#15 Posted by nutcrackr (12908 posts) -
i tried it, but apart from the neat visuals I thought it was ordinary. I'd rather pay $50 for a single player mechwarrior.
#16 Posted by C_Rule (9815 posts) -
Would like to check this game out, but I won't bother until they get Aus servers (if that ever happens).
#17 Posted by Swiftstrike5 (6950 posts) -
Wish the developers were making more progress. I've almost entirely lost interest in the game because the areas that most need improvement have not been touched by the developers since closed beta.