Multiplayer/co-op game recommendation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thatoe
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I'm looking for PC games to play with my cousins during the summer either over LAN or split screen/co-op.
I won't have access to internet so it can't be online games.
I'm looking for games like Counter Strike, FIFA.
Here's the list of games I have in mind. I already own some.
Counter Strike Source, FIFA 11, NBA 2k11, DotA, Blur, Split/Second, Tomb Raider Guardian of Light and Street Fighter IV.
It's for the whole summer, so I'm gonna need some more.
Thanks in advance.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Here is a list I had from another thread. This is strickly splitscreen or same screen coop gaming

• Trine
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed
  • Sonic and Sega Allstar Racing
  • Shadowgrounds Survivor
  • NBA 2k11
  • Fifa 2k11
  • MLB 2k11
  • Blur
  • Split second
  • Guilty Gear x2
  • Street Fighter 4
  • Blazblue 1
  • Big Bang Beat
  • Vanguard Princess
  • Millenium Knights Vermillion
  • Eternal Fighter Zero
  • Melty Blood Act Cardenza
  • Millenium fight
  • Left 4 Dead (ss_enable 1 in console)
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (takes a little work to setup)
  • Ougun Musou Kyoku
  • Tidalis'
  • Deathspank
  • Deathspank: thrones of Virtue
  • Dynasty Warriors 6
  • Lara Croft and the Guarding of Light
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Vietnam
  • Shank
  • Shatter
  • Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
  • x-Men Legends 2
  • Yars Revenge

Games Coming this year with splitscreen COOP

• Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Crusade
  • The Cursed Crusade
poisonelf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 poisonelf1
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts

There isn't really alot for pc. Like 15 total for split screen, and half that for lan and couch co-op going back to 2001. Maybe check out co-optimus site on what games have different co-op game play with different platforms/ methods you can run.

The Hunted is soon to come out in a month, looks like it may for 2.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#4 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

I do believe i jsut posted WAY more then 15 games poison and most are what we classify as "this generation".. I could drop back to say 2000 or so and the list would be fairly huge. Did you know the first Serious sam had 4 player splitscreen? Crazy I know. I think even dirt 3 will have splitscreen on the Pc.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

power rangers: super legends

C&C: red alert 3

Thatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thatoe

Wow, thanks a lot guys....

That's A LOT of games.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Great list, jedikevin2. You might want hot-seat games like: Heroes of Might and Magic series Worms series Civilization series
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
Lego star wars,harry,potter,Indiana Jones,etc all have 2 player co-op on one pc just going to need at least one gamepad preferably 2. The Death Spank lets you play co-op with a friend one pc as do the shadow Grounds games. For Lan games with multiple pc try Titan Quest or Borderlands.
Thatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thatoe

I do have two xbox 360 wireless controllers. I can buy more if I need since the adapter allows 4 controllers.

poisonelf1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 poisonelf1
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts

I do believe i jsut posted WAY more then 15 games poison and most are what we classify as "this generation".. I could drop back to say 2000 or so and the list would be fairly huge. Did you know the first Serious sam had 4 player splitscreen? Crazy I know. I think even dirt 3 will have splitscreen on the Pc.

jedikevin2

It all depends on your search and needs. Splitscreen by itself is about 15 games. As I stated, if you narrow your parameters, such as lan and also couch co-op, you have like 7 games. Thus, maybe a good idea to search individually under co-optimus under such parameters they require.

The question here is not enough information, if this person wants to play on two pcs, or with consoles, other controllers etc. Being the pc thread I am assuming pc. Co-op, or against each other? If searching under just couch-co-op there are over 50 games available, but under what conditions of play and controllers may come in play here.

To me its pretty outrageous, all consoles having a half dozen ways to play together. To play with your family on a couple or several pc's with something you like, almost impossible. OR add online and extra games, and perhaps questionable malware.

So alot of searching looking for something couch co-op with a lan and afamily member on pc, I have found one release in 2011, and two I have no interest in in 2010. This is my parameters, one game, two of us can enjoy together on our separate pc's.

The person here may have complete different parameters, so in just looking in couch co-op there are 50 or more to choose from if that fits their scenario.