Mouse DPI settings question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamerperson33
Member since 2011 • 557 Posts
Just a quick question guys. Is it better to raise the DPI of a mouse from the "mouse program" itself, or better to raise the mouse sensitivity in a game? For example, currently I have my mouse set at 2000 DPI, and in Battlefield 3, I can raise the sensitivity of the mouse. However, if I raise the DPI from my mouse program, will it also automatically do it for BF3? Like, if I raise my DPI to 2500, will it also be 2500 in BF3? Thanks! EDIT: I have a R.A.T 5 mouse, and I downloaded the program from the website, where it lets you change the DPI to whatever you want (up to 4000).
giovannimcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 giovannimcc
Member since 2011 • 132 Posts

This is about css but most of the information still applies.

http://purehighspeed.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
I heard (so take this lightly) that it's better to set the DPI of the mouse as high as workable, and use the in game settings to make it possible to aim. Apparently it's more precise that way. Hardly necessary, I just use the DPI switch on my RAT 7, does the same basically. And it's more convenient that going through menus.
araksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 araksik
Member since 2009 • 537 Posts

The in-game sensitivity and mouse DPI/CPI are two different things. The best thing is to have a relatively high DPI, and lower your in-game sens. I have 3200 DPI on my Steelseries Sensei and 0.5/10 on in-game sens (promod)