Most demanding PC games out right now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I know Crysis 3 is one of them. What are the others?

Are there many games out there that are demanding or are people just preparing for 8th gen?

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

I've been told that apparently COD: Ghosts is super demanding. Like, more so than Battlefield 4, even. Then, yeah, there's Crysis 3. Also try out Metro: Last Light. The STALKER games are pretty demanding, for their time, at least. Not quite on par with more recent games like C3 and M:LL. They can be made more demanding (and much prettier) with some really great mods. I haven't played Arma 3 myself, but I have every reason to believe it's also quite heavy on the system at high settings.

If you wanna put your PC through the gauntlet, download Planetside 2. In certain settings, it's not very demanding, assuming you've got a decent system, at least. But when there's the giant battle going on, with hundreds of players on screen, driving vehicles, shooting guns and rockets, blowing shit up, it'll bring most systems to their knees.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts

This was such a long generation (8 years) that games as a whole haven't got that much more demanding in the last couple of years (those with 2-3 year highend cards are basically getting the same setting now as when they bought there cards).

Demanding is kind of hard to figure out since a lot of people label a poorly optimized game as "demanding" (getting crap performance in a game that doesn't look significantly better than any other game isn't demanding even though that's what some people call it).

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Maxing out ARMA 2 with pitched large scale battles can strain many PCs.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

Maxing out ARMA 2 with pitched large scale battles can strain many PCs.

True, I can max it out really fine but when I add range of view to 100% it's like on 20fps for me. (280X)

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Arma 3, Crysis 3, Metro 2033/Last Light, BF4, The Witcher 2, Tomb Raider......GTA V?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@acanofcoke said:

Arma 3, Crysis 3, Metro 2033/Last Light, BF4, The Witcher 2, Tomb Raider......GTA V?

The Witcher 2 is only with uber sampling on...

thefreakofk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thefreakofk
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Assassins creed 4 black flag, nfs rivals. But the most demanding out there is WATCH DOGS releasing in 2014 february

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

GTA IV :P

And Kerbal Space Program.

s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 s-e-e-k
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

Are Far Cry 3 and Tomb Raider PC strainers? (thinking about buying them)

I can play Mass Effect 2-3, Skyrim, Grid 2, Bioshock Infinite, Deus Ex Human Revolation, Portal 2, Dishonored, and Max Payne 3. All on high to medium high settings.

I tried playing Hitman: Absolution and The Witcher 2 and it was just too much for my system to handle. Here are my specs if it helps.

----------------

Toshiba Satellite S870-BT2G22 Laptop

Intel Core i7 2.30GHz (3.30GHz Turbo Boost 2.0), 6MB L3 Cache

AMD Radeon HD 7670M Series 1GB DDR3

8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory

298 GB Western Digital (SATA) Hard Drive, 5400 RPM, 8MB cache

Realtek High Definition Audio

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
@the_bi99man said:

I've been told that apparently COD: Ghosts is super demanding. Like, more so than Battlefield 4, even. Then, yeah, there's Crysis 3. Also try out Metro: Last Light. The STALKER games are pretty demanding, for their time, at least. Not quite on par with more recent games like C3 and M:LL. They can be made more demanding (and much prettier) with some really great mods. I haven't played Arma 3 myself, but I have every reason to believe it's also quite heavy on the system at high settings.

If you wanna put your PC through the gauntlet, download Planetside 2. In certain settings, it's not very demanding, assuming you've got a decent system, at least. But when there's the giant battle going on, with hundreds of players on screen, driving vehicles, shooting guns and rockets, blowing shit up, it'll bring most systems to their knees.

If ghosts truly taxes the pc more then it's horribly optimized as it looks worse then bf4 in every regard.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

What do you mean by that? Do badly optimized games count?

ARMA has 0 art style and runs awful on everything.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@gunmaster55555 said:
@the_bi99man said:

If ghosts truly taxes the pc more then it's horribly optimized as it looks worse then bf4 in every regard.

My thoughts exactly. Haven't played it, but that's what I've been told. Also, the recommended specs are pretty heavy. Which is weird, because, considering that the game exists on the PS3/360, there's no reason it shouldn't run on a 8800gt, at settings that look like the last-gen console version.