Morrowind graphics extender??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shert
Member since 2008 • 561 Posts

Seriously have any of you guys used this mod? I'm finding it to be really complicated like many times I re work my settings and still find my game lagging and other times the grass and water shaders I add in don't work, is there like a good tutorial for this thing? Is it better to just go without it?

I know I shouldn't be lagging unless I really push up the settings as I'm running a phenom 2 quad core with 4GB of ram and a 4890

1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

You've got a good rig there. I run MGE on my 4870 without hiccups. Where did you download it from? It is fairly complex, but I dled it from The official Elder Scrolls forum and the link is coupled with an in-depth tutorial as to how to effectively set it up. Are you running additional mods with it? From memory, there's a certain order additional mods need to be installed in order to get them working.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/morrgraphext/index.php?title=Installing_MGE_correctly
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/morrgraphext/index.php?title=Creating_Distant_Land

Here are two useful links that will help you out, hopefully. I hope you get it working - the game is awesome with MGE running with distand land. The scope is incredible. Good luck.

TJamesA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 TJamesA
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

Word of advice, try playing the game in its' original form, I say this with countless hours and having used hundreds of mods for Morrowind that can only make it a fraction as pretty or fun as Oblivion, including Morroblivion, modding the game for whatever reason is not worth the headache IMO, doesn't even resemble todays' games, just play it for its' immersive story IMO, or go ahead and waste time with mods, sorry for the negative comment just venting a flashback this post gave me.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

Word of advice, try playing the game in its' original form, I say this with countless hours and having used hundreds of mods for Morrowind that can only make it a fraction as pretty or fun as Oblivion, including Morroblivion, modding the game for whatever reason is not worth the headache IMO, doesn't even resemble todays' games, just play it for its' immersive story IMO, or go ahead and waste time with mods, sorry for the negative comment just venting a flashback this post gave me.

TJamesA

Are you joking? With MGE, Morrinwd looks a hell of a lot better then a stock Oblivion. Plus its way more fun.

TJamesA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TJamesA
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

Are you joking? With MGE, Morrinwd looks a hell of a lot better then a stock Oblivion. Plus its way more fun.

morrowindnic

Who said stock Oblivion?

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear but I have spent thousands of hours with Oblivion and mods for that game, there is no comparison in the engines, physics or graphics of the games; Oblivion is a titan in performance and play compared to Morrowind when both are fully modded with their respective mods.

The only argument I see for Morrowind being more fun is because of the setting, story, and characters of that game.

EDIT: I apologize for the posts have fun with Morrowind, it's a great game however you play it, I'm sure the morrowind fanboy can reaffirm this!

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

[QUOTE="TJamesA"]

morrowindnic

Surely you jest. MGE does not look at all better than stock Oblivion. It looks good, but not that good.
1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

[QUOTE="TJamesA"]

shakmaster13

Surely you jest. MGE does not look at all better than stock Oblivion. It looks good, but not that good.

From a technical standpoint, maybe not. But the Morrowind artstyle is so much more inspired and interesting than Oblivion and coupled with MGE, Morrowind's atmosphere is more vivid, compelling and immersive than Oblivion's. I can therefore overlook muddier textures and lower poly counts and see this beautiful landscape the game presents - a better world than Oblivion's.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

[QUOTE="TJamesA"]

shakmaster13

Obviously you havn't tried it. MGE with a few mods, blows oblivion away,

And to Oblivion being more fun then Morrowind, its not. Morrowind had much more addicting gameplay.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

[QUOTE="shakmaster13"][QUOTE="morrowindnic"]

morrowindnic

Obviously you havn't tried it. MGE with a few mods, blows oblivion away,

And to Oblivion being more fun then Morrowind, its not. Morrowind had much more addicting gameplay.

I have tried MGE, and no it does not technically look better than Oblivion in any department save draw distance. You could argue for the art style, but then I could bring up shivering isles with mania and dementia, but in the end it comes down to preference. I didn't comment on your second point because that is a subjective matter.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 subyman
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts

I agree, I recently did the Morrowind Visual Pack, MGE, animated grass, enhanced skies, blah blah but it still doesn't look as nice as vanilla Oblivion. It looks great and I was really surprised at how good it can look, but it isn't Oblivion.