MONKEY ISLAND 5 rumours and new artwork !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lime05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lime05
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts

WOO HOO.

Love it when rumour like this emerge, as most of the time it is correct, especially when comments are being

made by developers themself..........:D:D:D

By the sounds of it, 2008 could be the year of Monkey Island 5 ! :)

www.milegend.com

or just google it.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Never played Monkye Island
HIMSteveO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 HIMSteveO
Member since 2005 • 492 Posts
I've played a bit of three and four, and what I played was really good. Haven't got around to having another go at it. If there is a fifth one on the way, you would hope Lucasarts would be handling it again, or at least some of the original Monkey Island guys to keep up the high quality of writing and classic adventure gameplay.
prowler666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 prowler666
Member since 2003 • 860 Posts
Cool! i loved Monkey Island series. the only guestion is, will the point-and-click adventure satisfy todays gamers anymore. i don't know if i would myself, even as an old adventure game fan, enjoy that kind of gameplay anymore. times have changed...
ArcticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArcticSnake
Member since 2003 • 942 Posts

Never played Monkye IslandLonelynight

Then just leave and never ever consider yourself s PC gamer.

In terms of the test of time, yeah we might have a problem with adventure games in todays world but oh boy... no matter how bad it sells, A LOT OF PEOPLE (including me) are going to be very very satisfied. The adventure genre is dying but I believe that there will always be people playing them.

acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
please oh please let it be true!!! I want anotehr Day of the Tentacle!!!!!!!!!!! :P
wizzardfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wizzardfish
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

point and click is alive and well and going from strength to strength in the market. if anything there are more now then when lucasarts had a monopoly on that corner of the market. the only difference is that now they have lost the cartoony humour and are usually more serious games. see for instance CSI or the incredible siberia and dreamfall series. ps scratches is definitely worth a look. think dracular only with a better story and minus the vomit inducing spin turns.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#8 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Can you give us a direct link to this "Monkey Island 5" please?
Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

I don't think so

http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfile.php?id=2064&category=lucasartsnews

"Thanks to a tipoff from mixnmojo reader jtacomis we can hear LucasArts boss Jim Ward publically declare how old television IP such as 'Bewitched' or 'Dukes of Hazzard' sucks when remade for the modern movie audience, which is why the old LucasArts IP such as Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle will stay dead and buried "until at least 2015"."

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#10 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I don't think so

http://www.mixnmojo.com/php/news/showfile.php?id=2064&category=lucasartsnews

"Thanks to a tipoff from mixnmojo reader jtacomis we can hear LucasArts boss Jim Ward publically declare how old television IP such as 'Bewitched' or 'Dukes of Hazzard' sucks when remade for the modern movie audience, which is why the old LucasArts IP such as Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle will stay dead and buried "until at least 2015"."

Darth_Kane

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I have read elsewhere that they are not making MI: 5 lol..

So until i see a direct link saying they are making it its not official where's the artwork as well btw?

Mizarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mizarus
Member since 2004 • 1379 Posts

i tought they were making something called "Vampyre Story" or something like that, it is an adventure game, but it isnt MI 5

EDIT: Here's a link http://www.hookedgamers.com/articles/preview/459/a_vampyre_story its being made by some of the people who made MI, and has a very similar art style

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Monkey Island just isn't the same without a good swordfight. 8)