Metro Last light is boring as hell (No spoilers)

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

I can't play the game for more than 10 minutes. They took away all the elements that turned 2033 into a great game and just threw a generic action formula in there. Artyom reloads every gun in less than 2 seconds, you always have over 200 bullets for nearly every gun, every gun is practically a 1 shot kill and has perfect accuraccy. Enemies are completely blind during stealth sections and they will never do anything other than getting surprised when you shoot at a light source. Levels are super short. Artyom is a complete action man now and there is no point in cover, you can approach every fight heads on and win it. And I don't know if its in my head but I think the graphics were heavily downgraded...I sure remember 2033 to look better than 2034, especially NPCs which looked great on 33 but now on 34 look like horrible living plastic dolls.

I'm currently at the swamp level right after the venice station...does this game ever gets any better?

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 genius2365
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

I personally enjoyed the game very much. I got it for free with Playstation Plus for the PS3, and I loved the gameplay, the gritty atmosphere, and the story (free-roaming locations) were quite well done. And while I haven't played 2033, I still very much enjoyed this game. At least an 8/10 for me.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@lightleggy said:
does this game ever gets any better?

It can't really get any better then 10/10.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

I can understand where you are coming from and I feel the same way, but not to your extreme. Still enjoyed Last Light very much, but 2033 was better in my opinion.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I wouldn't call the game boring. But the second half of it is really stupid.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I'm glad I'm not smoking what you are

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I never got the chance to play the Metro Series (my old PC wasn't powerful enough).

But I am sooooo happy they decided to do the REDUX. I just purchased Metro 2033 Redux and am currently about 3 hours in. Graphics are amazing, voice acting is pretty bad, but game in 5.1 surround is scary as hell.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
@FelipeInside said:

I never got the chance to play the Metro Series (my old PC wasn't powerful enough).

But I am sooooo happy they decided to do the REDUX. I just purchased Metro 2033 Redux and am currently about 3 hours in. Graphics are amazing, voice acting is pretty bad, but game in 5.1 surround is scary as hell.

You suppose to play the game in Russian and have the subs in your native language.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

I loved last light! I found the atmosphere to be a lot better than 2033.

Maybe you should raise the difficulty level?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#10 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@ShadowDeathX said:
@FelipeInside said:

You suppose to play the game in Russian and have the subs in your native language.

you miss a lot of incidental dialogue doing this. I think its best to play in English the first time even though the voice acting is rubbish

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Last Light is only a pretty game to look at. The story, audio, and atmosphere are a million times better in 2033.

The game only gets worse as you progress. I almost tuned out completely when the stupid and badly voice acted dark child came into the story.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

The graphics in Last Light are definitely better and I think the gameplay is a bit smoother. Other than that I would agree that 2033 is the better game is most categories, especially story. I really hated where Last Light went with the story.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Never played Last Light but I thought 2033 was okay. Amazon has Last Light on sale for $5 so maybe I'll give it a look.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

@lightleggy: Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course.

Boring is not a word I'd choose.

Great, epic, fun are 3 that come to mind. Increase the difficulty and stick it on Ranger mode.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I liked 2033, 2034 was just really really linear. I don't mind linear games like COD, but last light was eh.

natsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 natsm
Member since 2014 • 63 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

I liked 2033, 2034 was just really really linear. I don't mind linear games like COD, but last light was eh.

4A Games are teasing sandbox style experience(Open World) for next game

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#17 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

I much preferred last light to 2033, the sequel has far better pacing for fights and stealth. Stealth is much better too because it actually works properly. I found the story richer, there were less lame set pieces where you just stand still and defend a wave of samey rodent mutants for an eternity. 2033 had a real problem with the ammo amounts but I would never consider it hard. Most of your complaints seem to be about the game being too easy? Are you playing on the hardest difficulty?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58943 Posts

Both could do with more creativity to the gameplay. If you remove the atmosphere we are left with a very mediocre shooter.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@lightleggy said:

I can't play the game for more than 10 minutes. They took away all the elements that turned 2033 into a great game and just threw a generic action formula in there. Artyom reloads every gun in less than 2 seconds, you always have over 200 bullets for nearly every gun, every gun is practically a 1 shot kill and has perfect accuraccy. Enemies are completely blind during stealth sections and they will never do anything other than getting surprised when you shoot at a light source. Levels are super short. Artyom is a complete action man now and there is no point in cover, you can approach every fight heads on and win it. And I don't know if its in my head but I think the graphics were heavily downgraded...I sure remember 2033 to look better than 2034, especially NPCs which looked great on 33 but now on 34 look like horrible living plastic dolls.

I'm currently at the swamp level right after the venice station...does this game ever gets any better?

I've got no idea what you're talking about, if you want a ruined series you should look at Crysis, original was awesome but the 2nd was a total disaster by terms of changing the formula.

Avatar image for gogoplexiorayo2
Gogoplexiorayo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20 Gogoplexiorayo2
Member since 2013 • 189 Posts

I played through Last Light in June. It was pretty forgettable just like the first one. There is nothing special about those games (atleast for me)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 uninspiredcup  Online

@gogoplexiorayo2 said:

I played through Last Light in June. It was pretty forgettable just like the first one. There is nothing special about those games (atleast for me)

Almost every game Americanized. An American hero, leading the free world. Even if the character isn't actually American, they are given American accents. Far Cry 3 and The Witcher series are great examples of this. Given how redundant the trope is, to play as Russian characters, set in Russia with the ability to actually use the Russian accents, that aspect alone makes the game stand out.

Avatar image for gogoplexiorayo2
Gogoplexiorayo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22 Gogoplexiorayo2
Member since 2013 • 189 Posts

@uninspiredcup: i dont care about the story, i care about the gameplay, and the gameplay was nothing special. Its not on the same level as F.E.A.R which is my favorite single player fps game of all time.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 uninspiredcup  Online

@gogoplexiorayo2 said:

@uninspiredcup: i dont care about the story

Good. Because no one mentioned story.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@lightleggy said:

never liked the russian approach, metro series has great graphics but can't force myself to play more than a couple of hours

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

It was good until the last few hours where I am following that little alien bastard around. I just wanted to shoot that thing so bad.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#26  Edited By lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

@Curlyfrii87 said:

I loved last light! I found the atmosphere to be a lot better than 2033.

Maybe you should raise the difficulty level?

I'm already playing it on the difficulty that's below Ranger. I think you got to pay extra to play ranger which is dumb. And even if you don't, I still dont want to play it in Ranger because I don't like Hudless games.

RDx_XacT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RDx_XacT
Member since 2014 • 42 Posts

@lightleggy: I personally loved the game. Thought it was much better 2033, as you move around & just listen to the conversations of other characters you find it deep, meaningful & relevant to the story line. The action & horror is in equal measures & the game gets difficult later up & you should try raising the difficulty to highest if that's the issue. Ammo will also get scarce on highest difficulty.

The graphics are top notch & Artyom's story line & accent is enough to warrant another go at the game for me. The world feels more alive & desolate at the same times & the Nazi concept is also outstanding to make sure you are not always fighting creatures. I give it a resounding 11/10.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Probably just needs co-op ;) !

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@ShadowDeathX said:
@FelipeInside said:

I shall purchase REDUX then. I happen to speak Russian, they also changed the graphics, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Probably just needs co-op ;) !

NO IT DOESN'T.

Ahem, I liked it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FelipeInside

@insane_metalist said:

@ShadowDeathX said:
@FelipeInside said:

I shall purchase REDUX then. I happen to speak Russian, they also changed the graphics, right?

Yep, they redid the whole engine.

Game looks even more amazing now than the original.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#32 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@insane_metalist said:

@ShadowDeathX said:
@FelipeInside said:

ahh shit, I love Metro series. I gotta have Redux then. Is it on Steam?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Doesn't get any better IMO. Then again, I found both games pretty boring. I put a couple hours into both and can't recollect much from either game. They do an alright job at aping STALKER's atmosphere, and that's about it. It's like eating cheese pizza, having vanilla ice cream for desert, and then washing it all down with RC Cola.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@insane_metalist said:

@FelipeInside said:

@insane_metalist said:

@ShadowDeathX said:

Yes.

The redux also uses the newer physx code that doesn't run like ass on a cpu.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FelipeInside

@topgunmv said:

@insane_metalist said:

@FelipeInside said:

@insane_metalist said:

@ShadowDeathX said:

Yes.

The redux also uses the newer physx code that doesn't run like ass on a cpu.

Only problem I'm having with both 2033 and Last Light is that the game won't detect the keyboard (could be isolated to me only).

I have to restart it 2 or 3 times before the keyboard is detected.

Keyboard is Logitech G19, works everywhere else.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I thought the game was fantastic when I picked it up during the last Steam sale. Graphics were amazing and the gameplay was really good too.

I don't understand any of your points at all. Are you playing on super easy mode or something? I mean I ran out of ammo a lot during the game and definitely didn't have unlimited bullets. Enemies definitely didn't feel like one shot kills either.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts
@blutfahne said:

It was good until the last few hours where I am following that little alien bastard around. I just wanted to shoot that thing so bad.

No spoilers, please.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

@Fire_Wa11: sowy

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

I found both games to be boring, the first had garbage combat and uinteresting levels, the second one...well i dont know the shooting doesnt feel particulary interesting and the story is borring. I liked some undergound sections like under the church, reminded me of half life....other than that? I still havent finished it. Wolfenstein is far better.