Mass effect 3 or Assassin's creed II

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fengzhu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Fengzhu88
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

Trying to decide between these two games as I can only afford one for right now.

Which one would you pick if you could only choose one and why?

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

If you have played the other Mass Effect titles then there's no choice but to go with Mass Effect 3. It's the best of the series (ending complaints aside from many people). The level design, combat, stat system and hell, almost all of it, is the best that the series has ever seen.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

Have to played ME1 & 2? If so, it's a no brainer to get ME3. If not, get ACII, as ME3 isn't nearly as good if you didn't play ME1 and ME2.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

Gotta agree with these guys. If you've gone so far as to play Mass Effect 1&2 already, you HAVE to play 3. If you haven't played the first two, then don't even think about playing ME3. Go play them all in order. They're worth it.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#5 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Mass Effect is a much more accomplished series than Assassins Creed, that series bungles both the story and gameplay so you are basically just left with interesting settings, although AC II is one of the better ones.

bi99man knows whats up, if you have played ME 1-2 get 3, if not get ME 1.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

Mass Effect is a much more accomplished series than Assassins Creed, that series bungles both the story and gameplay so you are basically just left with interesting settings, although AC II is one of the better ones.

bi99man knows whats up, if you have played ME 1-2 get 3, if not get ME 1.

came here to say this. Enjoyed all the ME games, and ACII is one of the best in its series

Fengzhu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Fengzhu88
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

So by the looks of it everyone here thinks mass effect 3 is the better game?

I can wait for the other one its just that it will be a while before I'll be able to get the one one that I don't choose. From what I've seen of both games me3 looks "cooler" or just plain better but assassin's creed II is something new(i haven't played the first one and I have played the first two mass effects)

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

We're not saying ME3 is the better game necessarily, that depends on whether or not you played the first two.

If you haven't played Mass Effect 1 and 2, or at the very least Mass Effect 2, you are doing yourself a massive disservice by not playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

Assassin's Creed II on the other hand does a pretty good job of bringing you up to speed, so if you didn't play the first AC game it can still be recommended (though if you do play AC1 first you are rewarded with some references and interesting story stuff).

So yeah, play ME3 if you have a save file for previous ME games, if not go for ACII and wait until you can afford all the ME games at once.

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

I just noticed today that Mass Effect 2, which most all of us have played, is on sale on Steam. Anyone think Mass Effect 3 will come available on Steam one day? Thanks.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

AC3 for me was a let down, but the games between the original and the 3rd are good, all of em'.

ME3 is an excellent game as well, I'd go with that coz I think it's got richer multiplayer community ATM

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

@fengzhu88 said:

Trying to decide between these two games as I can only afford one for right now.

Which one would you pick if you could only choose one and why?

if you haven't played mass effect 1 or 2, get those instead of mass effect 3 and play them all in order as if they are one game. get the dlc for each as well, they are a huge part of the main storyline (cheap / greedy bioware)

just checked and steam has mass effect 1, 2 on sale for $4.99 each right now. YES!

ps - ac2 sucks. don't waste your time on it.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_bi99man

@Fire_Wa11 said:

I just noticed today that Mass Effect 2, which most all of us have played, is on sale on Steam. Anyone think Mass Effect 3 will come available on Steam one day? Thanks.

Mass Effect 3 is going to stay Origin exclusive forever, I would think. No reason that EA would allow it to go to Steam.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@Fire_Wa11 said:

Mass Effect 3 is going to stay Origin exclusive forever, I would think. No reason that EA would allow it to go to Steam.

he could get it for $12 at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-PC/dp/B004FYKWZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382676949&sr=8-1&keywords=mass+effect+3+pc

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_bi99man

@buccomatic said:

@the_bi99man said:

@Fire_Wa11 said:

he could get it for $12 at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-PC/dp/B004FYKWZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382676949&sr=8-1&keywords=mass+effect+3+pc

Well yeah, but that still activates on Origin. All PC copies of ME3 do. No steam.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Prefer AC2 over ME3, but ME 1 and 2 are better then AC 1 and 2 (and brotherhood/revelations/3/4)

Nighteg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By Nighteg
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts

ME1 has the best storytelling in the history of gaming. Highly recommended to play the whole series.