Mass Effect 2 CRASHING!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 themyrmidon
Member since 2007 • 5567 Posts

So, after 3 days of DLing ME2 off of Impulse I was finally ready to play it. Turns out that every so often my monitor will go into input select mode. Sometimes it will come out of it in a few seconds, and sometimes it will crash so bad I have to reboot. Rig is in sig, drivers up to date, checked a whole crapload of stuff, corrected some potential problems but none of them fixed this. Even tried disabling SLI and PhysX, none of it worked. Any suggestions?

AkTa87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AkTa87
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

You are not the only one having these problems, go to bioware forums and check out all the technical support threads. They made a great game but god they should had made sure it works before releasing it.

I have ME2 on PC as well, it works around 10 mins and then it crashes and instantly shuts down my whole computer. Couple of times from my attempts to make it work it has crashed so bad I couldn`t boot my computer on the first try after the incident. Some people have even reported that after ME2 crashing on them they haven`t been able to play any games using directx, and had to remover their GPU from motherboard and reinstall the whole thingon BIOS.

This might be the most terrible release ever.. hope they release a patch to fix it soon.

morrowindnic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 morrowindnic
Member since 2004 • 1541 Posts

You are not the only one having these problems, go to bioware forums and check out all the technical support threads. They made a great game but god they should had made sure it works before releasing it.

I have ME2 on PC as well, it works around 10 mins and then it crashes and instantly shuts down my whole computer. Couple of times from my attempts to make it work it has crashed so bad I couldn`t boot my computer on the first try after the incident. Some people have even reported that after ME2 crashing on them they haven`t been able to play any games using directx, and had to remover their GPU from motherboard and reinstall the whole thingon BIOS.

This might be the most terrible release ever.. hope they release a patch to fix it soon.

AkTa87

I have only had 1 or 2 random crashes in the last few days. Other then that no problems.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#4 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Wierd, I played 40 hours and not one crash. One of the most stable games for me personally.

Only issue I had was my character got stuck once.

greatmax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 greatmax1
Member since 2006 • 1868 Posts

AkTa87
That really sounds like an overheating problem. Big game releases like this get a lot of attention and people who aren't too tech savvy end up having problems, often caused by their weak pc. I'm not saying this is your case, but it might be so for the other guys on the bioware forum. I've played for 45h and have not had a single problem. To OP, have you tried toning down your GPU OC?