low fps im metro 2033

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2647 posts) -

hey im getting around 30-50fps max in metro 2033 all settings max dx11 exept for dof. is this right? i feel like my rig should be doing much better

#2 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -
Metro is a beast to run.
#3 Posted by Horgen (111549 posts) -
It's a heavy game to run. Personally I don't run it at max to keep a steady 60FPS at a 1200 monitor. This is with a OC'ed 680.
#4 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2647 posts) -

well thats just great. i upgrade from a 9800gx2 and expect to get a big jump in fps. oh how wrong i was. seems like you need to wait 10 years for a significant upgrade. 

#5 Posted by homeboylizard (1289 posts) -

well thats just great. i upgrade from a 9800gx2 and expect to get a big jump in fps. oh how wrong i was. seems like you need to wait 10 years for a significant upgrade. 

_SKatEDiRt_
Metro is not a graphicly impressive game like Crysis, so that it serves as a benchmark...it is simply heavily un-optimized game that brings PC's to their knees due to it's poor optimuzation. Nothing to wory about On a side note- Why in the hell don't you OC that GTX 570? They are a beast to OC and fun to do if you have a good chip. I know I had fun OC-ing mine to 860 MHZ (130+ from stocks) while maintaining 90C tops and keeping the fans quite. I run it at 1.050 mV and 860 24/7 for folding and don't even hear the fans.
#6 Posted by the_bi99man (11062 posts) -

Sounds about right. Metro is a b!tch and a half. I'm actually surprised to hear that it's running so well, maxed out, with any less than a 600-series card.

#7 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2647 posts) -

well that made me feel a little better hahaha

#8 Posted by mitu123 (154694 posts) -

Yes, you need SLI or Crossfire to get above 60FPS most of the time, no lie.

#9 Posted by Fizzman (9886 posts) -

Maxed out at 2560x1440 with max AA and the game chugs.  It fluctuates a lot too.  The game is poorly optimized.  

#10 Posted by egger7577 (615 posts) -

That game's a beast. I can't even max it on a Superclocked 570.

#11 Posted by neatfeatguy (3662 posts) -

_SKatEDiRt_

So you upgrade from a single GPU that performs about on par with a GTX 280 (dual 8800GTS 512, 9800GTX, 9800GTX+ or the 9800GX2 in your case). Then you feel you don't get a big performance boost from a GTX 570 that runs 10-15% faster in most games then dual GTX 280s.....and after maxing out all settings in DX11 (something the DX10 only card can't do) you feel your performance is not what you expected?

Dual GTX 280s with a Phenom II x4 940 at 3.7Ghz runs Metro 2033 on max settings for an avg 29fps. A single GTX 570 1.2GB gets avg 34fps. Then you crank a good OC (900 core and 2060 memory in my case) on the GTX 570 and it hits 40fps avg.

You dramatically improved your GPU power over your old card. It sounds like the game is running like it should be. As others have posted, it's not the best optimized game, but it does serve well for benchmarking.

#12 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26274 posts) -

Metro is not a graphicly impressive game like Crysishomeboylizard

2377311-1241822161356.jpg

Looks better than Crysis.

#13 Posted by godzillavskong (7900 posts) -
I run it on high with 40-60fps, but I don't have it maxed. I'm afraid my PC will explode. Plus, I'm all vram'd out.
#14 Posted by godzillavskong (7900 posts) -

Maxed out at 2560x1440 with max AA and the game chugs.  It fluctuates a lot too.  The game is poorly optimized.  

Fizzman
Wow. And your PC specs look like they would chew any gum up easily. I guess what they guys/gals are saying g up here is true, and it's poorly optomized, at least it would seem.
#15 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -
Yea, Metro 2033 just doesn't care how good your PC is. On the final level my GPU was struggling to maintain 30fps, although the rest of the game was a 55-70 avg.
#16 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

_SKatEDiRt_

A GTX 570 is worlds faster than a 9800 gx2.  

#18 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4835 posts) -

hey im getting around 30-50fps max in metro 2033 all settings max dx11 exept for dof. is this right? i feel like my rig should be doing much better

_SKatEDiRt_
Have you tried the metro benchmark?
#19 Posted by humpmasterflex (363 posts) -

turn off tesseleation, problem solved. Tesselation is what murders performance in all dx11 games, and rightfully so. Just run the heaven benchmark and compare tesselation off vs extreme. People who say its unomptimized dont know what tesselation is. It most cases is doubles, triples, if not quadruples the polygon count on objects.

Its only natural to see a decrease in performance. People expect to turn on tesseleation and expect butterly smooth fps mon their single GPU setups. Aint happening.

#20 Posted by Fizzman (9886 posts) -

turn off tesseleation, problem solved. Tesselation is what murders performance in all dx11 games, and rightfully so. Just run the heaven benchmark and compare tesselation off vs extreme. People who say its unomptimized dont know what tesselation is. It most cases is doubles, triples, if not quadruples the polygon count on objects.

Its only natural to see a decrease in performance. People expect to turn on tesseleation and expect butterly smooth fps mon their single GPU setups. Aint happening.

humpmasterflex
The tessellation/Dx11 effects are poorly optimized. The game doesn't look that good to warrant such awful performance.
#21 Posted by silversix_ (16908 posts) -

Metro is a beast to run.FaustArp
Its not a beast to run, its optimized by 7 year olds (game does look good tho).