Looking for Arcade Style Flying/Shooter Games - not flight sims

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stratman23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 stratman23
Member since 2004 • 146 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm trying to find my son a few new Arcade Style Flying/Shooter games like Crimson Skies - which is the only one he has, but...................I'm definitely not interested in Flight Simulation games where you have to actually learn how to fly. He loves to use the joystick and fly, shoot, and kill! But he has no interest in learning flaps, rudders, altitude etc.:roll:

If anyone knows of any Fighter Jet, or WWI or WWII arcade flying games where I can get him up and flying and shooting down planes - just for fun - I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Thanks a million, StratMan23 :)
adam0926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 adam0926
Member since 2006 • 5064 Posts
Ok I used to play Crimson skys and the game that was most like it is Combat Flight Simulator yes I know its got the work simulator in the title but if you turn all the realistic settings of you have a fun WWII dogfight game
basersx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 basersx
Member since 2005 • 6222 Posts
Comanche 4 is a total arcade shooter.  I thought it was just horrible for that reason.  But if you are looking for that kind of thing you might like it.
1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 1Lonehawk
Member since 2005 • 873 Posts
Crimson Skies was only for the Xbox wasn't it? Are you asking or PC games or Xbox games?
-Xcalibur-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 -Xcalibur-
Member since 2003 • 1488 Posts
Crimson Skies was only for the Xbox wasn't it? Are you asking or PC games or Xbox games?1Lonehawk
Nope, its for PC also ;p
hypnotoad8128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 hypnotoad8128
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm trying to find my son a few new Arcade Style Flying/Shooter games like Crimson Skies - which is the only one he has, but...................I'm definitely not interested in Flight Simulation games where you have to actually learn how to fly. He loves to use the joystick and fly, shoot, and kill! But he has no interest in learning flaps, rudders, altitude etc.:roll:

If anyone knows of any Fighter Jet, or WWI or WWII arcade flying games where I can get him up and flying and shooting down planes - just for fun - I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Thanks a million, StratMan23 :)
stratman23
Even though it comes from a proper flight sim heritage. Secret Weapons over normandy is a fun arcade flying game... Sure it's not as deep as it's older brother, but you kid will love it if he liked Crimson Skies. It's easy, fast and has lots of missions.