Looking for an old pc rpg game that i played that was like Baldurs gate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

strainik1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 strainik1
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Im looking for an older rpg that i played when i was younger. The game from what i remembered had four characters on the box, and you could move around freely customize your armor and weapons. One part i remember in particular is there is a slums/or bad part where skeletons can attack you and then you could go into broken houses and one of the quests you go down into the basement and kill an ogre for some reward (not sure if he was chained up or not) after you killed him you rescued some people. It was a top down view and the loading screens were all artwork with a beige backround and then what looked like pencil drawings..... Cant for the life of me find it.... someone help
cydexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 cydexx
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts

could be diablo? :P

ArchDemon123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ArchDemon123
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts
[QUOTE="strainik1"]Im looking for an older rpg that i played when i was younger. The game from what i remembered had four characters on the box, and you could move around freely customize your armor and weapons. One part i remember in particular is there is a slums/or bad part where skeletons can attack you and then you could go into broken houses and one of the quests you go down into the basement and kill an ogre for some reward (not sure if he was chained up or not) after you killed him you rescued some people. It was a top down view and the loading screens were all artwork with a beige backround and then what looked like pencil drawings..... Cant for the life of me find it.... someone help

It does seem familiar. Did it had the same engine as BG? IF so, it's probably Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter NIghts (if it looked better) or Baldur's Gate 2 :P
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Arcanum?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Divine Divnity, Diablo, Arcanum?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

icewind dale?

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Siege of Avalon? I'm gonna finish that game someday.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
probably not right but i'll throw one in anyway Dungon Siege.
mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
Divine Divinity
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Maybe Neverwinter Nights? Both those games were the best RPG games ever made so far.
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

[QUOTE="strainik1"]Im looking for an older rpg that i played when i was younger. The game from what i remembered had four characters on the box, and you could move around freely customize your armor and weapons. One part i remember in particular is there is a slums/or bad part where skeletons can attack you and then you could go into broken houses and one of the quests you go down into the basement and kill an ogre for some reward (not sure if he was chained up or not) after you killed him you rescued some people. It was a top down view and the loading screens were all artwork with a beige backround and then what looked like pencil drawings..... Cant for the life of me find it.... someone helpArchDemon123
It does seem familiar. Did it had the same engine as BG? IF so, it's probably Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter NIghts (if it looked better) or Baldur's Gate 2 :P

NWN looked like crap compared to the IE games.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

So what was it? I'm fairly convinced it was Siege of Avalon, so I'm curious :D