Looking for an MMORPG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

azertygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By azertygamer
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hello everybody,

As summer vacation is nearing I am looking for a new MMORPG to play. I have been thinking about World of Warcraft, but this game is already 10 years old so I'm not quite sure. I'm pretty sure it's a great game though! I was also a big fan of Skyrim, so maybe The Elder Scrolls online would be a good idea? But looking at all the negative reviews the last one received.. What is your opinion on these games? I've already played the trial of WoW three years ago, but I don't know if a lot has changed since then. I also played runescape and lord of the rings online when I was younger. Jagex destroyed the first one and the second is nearly dead, so I don't tink it's smart to pick these back up. Do you have any other suggestions? I'd prefer one with a thriving community, I don't want to wander a large world alone ;) Thanks in advance for any reactions :)

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

No matter what MMORPG I play, no matter how good they seem to be, be it LoTR, SWTOR, ESO, FF:14 or Guild Wars. They always end in a shitty manner, and I find myself going back to WoW for a couple weeks before deciding that I don't have the time to play this shit.

So try WoW. Warlords of Draenor isn't absolutely poop like Cata and MoP was.

azertygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 azertygamer

Thanks for the reply! WoW was the first I thought about as it is still the number 1 MMORPG, even after 10 years! Guess I'll give it a try

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

GW2 expansion will be released this summer (probably) and is a VERY healthy mmo population wise so i'd suggest that IF you want an mmo.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Skelly34

@silversix_ said:

GW2 expansion will be released this summer (probably) and is a VERY healthy mmo population wise so i'd suggest that IF you want an mmo.

It does?

The game seemed promising to me but when I hit the endgame there really wasn't much PvE and I just fell off of it.

Feels more like a giant story game than a classic mmo.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@skelly34 said:

@silversix_ said:

It does?

The game seemed promising to me but when I hit the endgame there really wasn't much PvE and I just fell off of it.

as of now there's literally nothing endgame wise but that's why i took the expansion into account. Expansion is supposed to be all around endgame and challenging content. "Supposed" to be as the key word here, you never know with Anet...

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skelly34
@silversix_ said:

@skelly34 said:

@silversix_ said:

It does?

as of now there's literally nothing endgame wise but that's why i took the expansion into account. Expansion is supposed to be all around endgame and challenging content. "Supposed" to be as the key word here, you never know with Anet...

Well, I still own the game and it's free to play. I think I'll check it out

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

LOTRO is not dead, are you stupid? I was just online for the anniversary events and the cities are packed with people.

On the other hand, I immediately remembered why I stopped playing in the first place: aggressive pay walls for the dumbest shit, like the ABILITY to ride a mount.

GamingWithTor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 GamingWithTor

Well, if you like Skyrim then ESO is good. I've enjoyed it so far. I think you may want to look into RIFT, it's a tab target instead of the live action like ESO, but if your looking at WoW then your ok with that. RIFT has a very dynamic environment with rifts opening up at any moment, changing the terrain around it and the creatures coming out of it headed to the current town your standing in. Get ready to defend it! Or run away...lol whatever. This is probably still my favorite MMO, because I can play the way I want. Just like PVP? You can max lvl and max your gear out just pvping. Love story? Go for it. Dungeon diving and also a system that just throws you straight into the action for gear and levels so you can try out those new builds quickly.

The soul system allows you to play your character the way you want. Feel like healing? Switch your souls around for healing spec, same for tank, dps and support. Anyways, I think you get a full game for free here, and just pay for perks, but that's just my opinion! :D

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@azertygamer:

my favorites are Elder Scrolls Online and DC Universe Online. SWTOR is decent too.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

You can't go wrong with ether FF14 ARR or ESO, ESO is a lot better than it was a year ago while ARR is probably the best MMO out currently.

krazyjwm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 krazyjwm
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

you could always try path of exile its not a mmo but it is a arpg and free