Looking for a good rpg or rts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rush2323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rush2323
Member since 2003 • 145 Posts
I've been pretty bored lately going to work and school. And that I just got through final fantasy X-2 in three days with about 80%. So I was wondering if anyone knew any good rpg or rts games I could play. Since that is what most of my gaming collection is made up of. And for anyone's information, here is my system info.
Vista Home Premium
Intel Core Duo T8300 2.40 GHz
3.0 GB
Nvidia Geforce 8400m Gt
rush2323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rush2323

Anyone out there with some suggestions? And I can't get an online game. Just becuase I did have one at one point. And my world surrounded it. So I learned my lesson from it.

kakishi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 kakishi1
Member since 2005 • 1065 Posts

RPG-The Witcher, Morrowind, Oblivion, Gothic series, Stalker,

RTS-Starcraft(dated, but still a good game), Supreme commander

Just a few games off the top of my head that if u havent checked out already, you should look into them.

lostronin20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostronin20
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Baulders Gate 2 if you havnt played it before. One of my favorite RPG's ever.
rush2323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rush2323

RPG-The Witcher, Morrowind, Oblivion, Gothic series, Stalker,

RTS-Starcraft(dated, but still a good game), Supreme commander
Well I have Oblivion for the 360. i tried the demo of The Witcher, it was alright. I think I've look into Gothic. I haven't look into Stalker. And do you think Supreme Commander would run good on my labtop?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58450 Posts

Mass Effect
KOTOR 1 and 2
Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2
The Witcher

Supreme Commander
Universe at War
The Settlers: Rise of an Empire is suprisingly good if you want a semi-historic RTS

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

it'd better if you give a list of RPG/RTS you've played. Seeing you only told us about playing FF...then maybe you just go for console JRPG instead of PC gaming?

and there're also really good RPG/RTS hybrid = Warcraft 3 and Spellforce series if you haven't played.

btw...for the games suggested already in this thread...STALKER is a shooter, featuring quest taking and inventory management, not a RPG/RTS.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
KoTOR and WarCraft 3.
artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts
I don't see Mass Effect, Bloodlines or The Witcher in your collection not that I looked all that hard...). Those three are must-plays for any RPG-fan out there. (haven't played enough of The Witcher, but my impression is that most gamers love it.)
rush2323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rush2323
Well here is a few games I've played that I can tthink of off the top of my head.
KOTOR one and two
Rise of Nations
Rome and Medieval Total War
Neverwinter Nights
Star Wars Battlegrounds
Titan Quest
And that is what I can remember.
AelfricRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 AelfricRaven
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

RPG: Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Oblivion, Morrowind, The Witcher, Dungeon Siege 1 and 2

FPS: S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Call of Duty 2, Unreal Tournament, Painkiller, Medal of Honor

There are more that I know, but I can't seem to remember some.

Richyd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Richyd13
Member since 2006 • 313 Posts

RTS - Age of Empires II The Conquerors

RPG - Diablo 2 LOD

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

I don't see Mass Effect, Bloodlines or The Witcher in your collection not that I looked all that hard...). Those three are must-plays for any RPG-fan out there. artur79

for this statement, personally yes for The Witcher and Bloodlines, meh for Mass Effect.

augustlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 augustlight
Member since 2008 • 400 Posts

I don't see Mass Effect, Bloodlines or The Witcher in your collection not that I looked all that hard...). Those three are must-plays for any RPG-fan out there. (haven't played enough of The Witcher, but my impression is that most gamers love it.)artur79

His graphics card sucks, so I'm not sure that Mass Effect and The Witcher will work all that well for him. But definitely give Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines a try, TC; it's an amazing game.

But an even more amazing game is Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Don't miss out!

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

I've been pretty bored lately going to work and school. And that I just got through final fantasy X-2 in three days with about 80%. So I was wondering if anyone knew any good rpg or rts games I could play. Since that is what most of my gaming collection is made up of. And for anyone's information, here is my system info.
Vista Home Premium
3.0 GB
Nvidia Geforce 8400m Gtrush2323

i'm sorry guys, but i'm gonna have to honest with this guy --

your rig isn't very good, so alot of the recent games really are outta the question. you should instead focus on your ps2 for other quality rpg titles. how about FFXII? the Shin Megami Tensei series, especially Persona 3: FES? Rogue Galaxy? and tons more. you already have the system to run them and these games are much cheaper now.

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

[QUOTE="rush2323"]I've been pretty bored lately going to work and school. And that I just got through final fantasy X-2 in three days with about 80%. So I was wondering if anyone knew any good rpg or rts games I could play. Since that is what most of my gaming collection is made up of. And for anyone's information, here is my system info.
Vista Home Premium
3.0 GB
Nvidia Geforce 8400m GtJinroh_basic

i'm sorry guys, but i'm gonna have to honest with this guy --

your rig isn't very good, so alot of the recent games really are outta the question. you should instead focus on your ps2 for other quality rpg titles. how about FFXII? the Shin Megami Tensei series, especially Persona 3: FES? Rogue Galaxy? and tons more. you already have the system to run them and these games are much cheaper now.

His computer isn't actually that bad, it should at least be able to run the games on low

artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts

[QUOTE="artur79"]I don't see Mass Effect, Bloodlines or The Witcher in your collection not that I looked all that hard...). Those three are must-plays for any RPG-fan out there. (haven't played enough of The Witcher, but my impression is that most gamers love it.)augustlight

His graphics card sucks, so I'm not sure that Mass Effect and The Witcher will work all that well for him. But definitely give Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines a try, TC; it's an amazing game.

But an even more amazing game is Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Don't miss out!

Oh, did not see that.. Is the Witcher all that taxing though? Hmmm, but yeah, Bloodlines and BG-series are a good recommendation.

rush2323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rush2323
I tried The Witcher last night. It was good and I was able to run on high settings. And I brought the Spore Creature Creator and loved it! But, I'm going to look at all the suggestions here and see what I like best. Thanks for all your suggestions.
Jaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jaric
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
if you can stomach some pretty mediocre graphics (the fallout games are old and arcanum's graphics just plain suck...) I would suggest Fallout 1+2 and maybe tactics. And Arcanum. Arcanum is a steampunk RPG with a great story and really interesting character creation. it just looks like balls. Also I recommend Baldur's Gate 2 (and expansion) without any qualifications.