Looking for a good mech game for PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Orcishman05 (210 posts) -
Im looking for a good mech game. Something like Armored core, you know something with plenty of customization for weapons, armor and plenty of different parts to choose from. Are there any good mech games for PC that meet this description?
#2 Posted by Tuzolord (1348 posts) -
Im looking for the exact same Thing! I loved armored core but it doesnt seem they have anything on the Computers anymore :(
#3 Posted by darkmario123 (1156 posts) -
Mech Warrior?
#4 Posted by Orcishman05 (210 posts) -
mech warrior has hardly any customization. You get to choose different mechs, but thats almost it.
#5 Posted by nutcrackr (12893 posts) -
mechwarrior 2 mercenaries, choose mechs and the weapons that go on them. mechcommander 2 lets you do that too but no piloting, just commanding.
#6 Posted by JP_Russell (12893 posts) -

mech warrior has hardly any customization. You get to choose different mechs, but thats almost it.Orcishman05

:question:

In Mech Warrior 4, you can customize exactly what weapons your 'mech is outfitted with, how much ammo projectile weapons have, what weapons are fired for each of the six firing keys, what type of and how much armor you put on each 'mech, how powerful its engine is, what special equipment to give it, how many heatsinks it has, and what its color scheme is (I think I got everything).

The only thing you can't really customize is the model itself, I.E., it doesn't change in appearance when you change its weapons and such. Other than that, I'm not really sure what you mean (besides, take into account the vast number of 'mechs MW4 has, and even moreso when you include its expansion, Mercenaries, and the lack of model customization hardly seems like an issue). Granted, I haven't played any other 'mech games, so I can't really compare, but I find it hard to believe anyone would think MW has "hardly any customization."

#7 Posted by JP_Russell (12893 posts) -

mechwarrior 2 mercenaries, choose mechs and the weapons that go on them.nutcrackr

Heh, weird, I didn't know MW2 had an expansion called Mercenaries, also.

#8 Posted by Swiftstrike5 (6950 posts) -
I don't know why a mech game hasn't come out recently. Almost considered picking up a PS to get armored core again.
#9 Posted by foxhound_fox (91188 posts) -
Mechwarrior.
#10 Posted by Whermacht02 (1069 posts) -

[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]mechwarrior 2 mercenaries, choose mechs and the weapons that go on them.JP_Russell

Heh, weird, I didn't know MW2 had an expansion called Mercenaries, also.

Its a stand alone expansion. If I remember correctly, it covers the 4th Succession War, the arrival of the Clans right up to the defense of Luthien.

God I love MW games. Been playing them since MW2 Mercs and they are awesome. My suggestion would be MW4/MW4: Mercs. If you want something a little more "real", go with MW 3. MW 3 has more detailed designs and thr recoil of projectile weapons feels "real" (put an AC/20 on your mech's right arm, and when you fire it, the torsto will tilt a little bit to the right). Also, if you are hit several times with projectile weapons, the impact can knock your mech down.

#11 Posted by jmanw (298 posts) -
try heavy gear 2
#12 Posted by -Origin- (1816 posts) -
Exteel is a "Armored Core" MMO, its already out, hasn't got a review yet from gamespot, but It's out there. Search it on gamespot though, look at some screens. This is probly the best mech game out there right now.
#13 Posted by Swiftstrike5 (6950 posts) -

Exteel is a "Armored Core" MMO, its already out, hasn't got a review yet from gamespot, but It's out there. Search it on gamespot though, look at some screens. This is probly the best mech game out there right now.-Origin-

I watched Exteel on youtube, but the robots looked too childish and it didn't appeal to me at all.

#14 Posted by rum211 (25 posts) -
argggg i cant seem to find mechwarrior 4 anywere! can someone please help out.
#15 Posted by Buttons1990 (3167 posts) -

argggg i cant seem to find mechwarrior 4 anywere! can someone please help out.rum211

Why do you make an account to bump a 3 year old thread?

#16 Posted by Swiftstrike5 (6950 posts) -
argggg i cant seem to find mechwarrior 4 anywere! can someone please help out.rum211
http://www.mektek.net/index.php?pid=13 Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries, free, from mektek (legal download). Oh, you probably should have started a new thread =)
#17 Posted by wicked1992 (50 posts) -
http://www.mektek.net/ go there, you can get Mercenaries plus other stuff for free, and legal. It is one of the best Mek sites, and has an awesome community.
#18 Posted by DieselCat18 (2961 posts) -

http://www.mektek.net/ go there, you can get Mercenaries plus other stuff for free, and legal. It is one of the best Mek sites, and has an awesome community. wicked1992

Go to eBay>>>Video games>>>PC>>>do a search for Mechwarrior...you'll come up with a bunch of listings for MW4....the MW series terrific BTW and there was talk for a MW 5 in developement, don't know where it stands at the moment though.

*+

#19 Posted by DieselCat18 (2961 posts) -

http://www.mektek.net/ go there, you can get Mercenaries plus other stuff for free, and legal. It is one of the best Mek sites, and has an awesome community. wicked1992

Nice find...very good !

*+

#20 Posted by rum211 (25 posts) -
iv had this account for awhile i just havent really signed on. but i figured id try to find some company of heroes online players an decided to check this out too =D
#21 Posted by rum211 (25 posts) -
thanks by the way!
#22 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17745 posts) -

I'm surprised no one mentioned Front Mission Evolved, especially since we are looking for Armored core type games.

#23 Posted by rum211 (25 posts) -
that looks waay cooler. nice
#24 Posted by Geektron3000 (25 posts) -
Yes, Front Mission: Evolved is a very good game in this respect. However the multi-player died quiet quickly and although you can customise in the single-player campaign once you complete it you retain all the best equipment when you re-do on the next difficulty up making it incredibly easy and boring when you defeat the biggest bosses without using you 'EDGE'
#25 Posted by godonholiday (364 posts) -

If you like Mek, you might also like Hawken, its not out yet, and might only be for console, but still worth looking into as it looks awsome!

http://www.hawkengame.com/blog/media

#26 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries is free. Get get.
#27 Posted by Falconoffury (1717 posts) -

Any ideas as to why Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries is free, but not Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance?

#28 Posted by Swiftstrike5 (6950 posts) -

Lol, this is the third time this thread has risen from the grave. Feels like a time capsule, seeing my posts from 2007.

Maybe I'll see this one in 2015 =)

#29 Posted by Swiftstrike5 (6950 posts) -

Any ideas as to why Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries is free, but not Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance?

Falconoffury
Mercs was released for free to celebrate the new Mechwarrior game being announced.
#30 Posted by Baked-Scotato (25 posts) -
I know this was posted a long time ago but coming out soon is Titanfall It's a mix of fps and mechs here''s the gameplay trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sqPxbLmIU
#31 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -
Try MechWarrior Online. Maybe you'll like it.
#32 Posted by Silicel1 (2342 posts) -
Someone put this thread out of its misery.
#33 Posted by kraken2109 (13256 posts) -
I know this was posted a long time ago but coming out soon is Titanfall It's a mix of fps and mechs here''s the gameplay trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sqPxbLmIUBaked-Scotato
Please don't bump old threads, there is no need to bring up titanfall when there is already a thread on it.
#34 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -

Falconoffury
Licensing issues, MekTek went for the better one and it is chock full of custom content.
Someone put this thread out of its misery.Silicel1
Nooo, mechs.