looking for a game to take out battlefield!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XlagooferX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 XlagooferX
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts
im mean i have battlefield and i want more online games thats exactly like it!
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts
Try Quake Wars. Is complex, is sophisticated, requires a lot of teamwork but still demands skill. Has asymetric classes and a good balance between infantry and vehicle (in this game the infantry can hunt flying vehicles, in BF2 you can't do nothing agaist a good aviator). Try the demo.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Crysis Power Struggle.

Pure awesomeness

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

Crysis Power Struggle.

Pure awesomeness

skrat_01
Yeah Power struggle is one of my favourite online multiplayer game modes :)
Alex1029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#5 Alex1029
Member since 2003 • 732 Posts
Yeah, I was gonna recommend Quake Wars. There are a couple squad based multiplayer games out there...just can't think of any right now.
AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AngelB1ack
Member since 2005 • 7936 Posts
Frontlines: Feul of War was fun when I was playing the beta.
GiveMeIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GiveMeIce
Member since 2007 • 496 Posts
I played battlefield and then got CoD 4 and it's so much better imo, it's fast paced gameplay, and also has a good ranking system and unlocks that keep you occupied for days.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ondoval
But maps are VERY small, overpopulated for his size, and the gameplay is chaotic, with instant respawn and grenade fragfest. Ranked system and unlockable items are also used in BF2/2142/QW. These are clearly oriented towards team work, COD 4 is more like a deathmtch with modern weapons. Power Struggle is also interesting, but the flying vehicles are overpowered and as in BF2 the rocket luncher is not much eficient against them. Also the shopping system isn't friendly to noobs: if you are not much skilled in a few minutes you rest fighting with shotguns and SMGs against guys with SCARs with grenade launchers and Gauss Rifles. Is good but also very hard.
napp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 napp123
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts
Frontlines: Feul of War was fun when I was playing the beta.AngelB1ack
I like the beta to!You can still get it on fileplanet
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

Frontlines: Feul of War was fun when I was playing the beta.AngelB1ack

I haven't played the beta or anything, but from what I've seen, Frontlines seems to be very akin to Battlefield. Sounds like just what the TC is looking for.

ViperMelbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 ViperMelbourne
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

Does any game come even close to knocking off Battlefield 2 in the online tactical shooter department?

Would be nice if someone, one day could better it though. :)

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

Crysis Power Struggle.

Pure awesomeness

anshul89
Yeah Power struggle is one of my favourite online multiplayer game modes :)

I would have thirded this, but Power Struggle needs some tweaks to really make it a Battlefield killer IMHO. -Better anti-cheat measures (The new patch may have helped somewhat, but prior to that, I swear that every single server I joined had at least one cheater on it...) -BF2-style squads (It would help with teamwork, hopefully.) -Prestige points for kill assists (At least you get points for doing things like tagging enemies and destroying hostile vehicles, as well as capturing buildings.) Maybe, if those changes were implemented, Power Struggle could be the Battlefield killer I always envisioned it as prior to release...
3ltezorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 3ltezorr
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
I have played Battlefield 2 quite abit, and the only game I personally think that is better than it is Call Of Duty 4. The game may not be the most tactical of games, but it atleast pits you in the war straight away, and it is less time consuming and I think more enjoyable than it's rivals. On the otherhand it isn't that tactical in the public play unlike that of the clan wars, so it all depends on whether you want to take that path, or just play it casually. I played Quake Wars in beta, so I didn't really get to see the full potential as there was only 1-2 maps that you could play, so I couldn't really compare that to any of the games I have played.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ondoval

As I say previously, QW is complex and at the same time amazingly deep. But one of his strenghts is that even if your aiming isn't your best skill, you still can be a very usefull tool to your team is you play smart. Good tactics, like decide where to deploy anti infantry turrets, anti air defenses, or when to sumon an artillery bombardment, can support your team to made the objectives.

Even with his unbalances BF2 is to me the best mp fps around, but is hard to play it outside of a clan; in QW even if you are a lone wolf and a noob with bad aiming you can support your team in a lot of ways, obtain a lot of experience and have the feeling of had been a valuable gear of your team. If you like BF2 give a QW a try.

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
[QUOTE="AngelB1ack"]Frontlines: Feul of War was fun when I was playing the beta.napp123
I like the beta to!You can still get it on fileplanet

XlagooferX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XlagooferX
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts
i have quake wars its a bad ass game i just wish you could rank up in multi player!
scarred_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17 scarred_fox
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts

i've been over seas for the past 3 months good thing i boughts me an alienware :P ne way COD4 is fun no vehicles but it's fast-paced. i played the beta of quake wars b4 i left & that game is alot like BF2. i have yet to try crysis power struggle since no one else has a decent laptop to run the game (we play wirelessly agaimst each other just to let ya kno) other than that u can try Joint Operations bvy NovaLogic but it's a 3 year old game. HUGE maps up to 100 players per server with lots of vehicles & aircrafts. i'm waiting for they're next game.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#18 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

im mean i have battlefield and i want more online games thats exactly like it!XlagooferX

Good evening. Go to the thread that says "BF3, BF: BC." I have suggested two awesome games there that are very worth alternatives to the Battlefield games. I think you will find excellent value in both titles! They are fresh and original concepts so check it out! Write back too!!

VRN-KingS-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VRN-KingS-
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

For a free war game like BF2 try WarRock.

I dont really know much about it as UT is more my thing, but as far as I know it has Ranking Systems, a fairly large userbase and Headset capability (as should be standard these days.... naming no games...).