Look what I just found in Elite Dangerous...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I heard they were going to do a tribute but I had no idea what, and in 400 billion star systems I happen upon this. It got me in the "feels" a bit.

That's all.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Fantastic.

Live long and prosper

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Cool ill have to check out this system wings just came out..Now you can hang with your friends..

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

That is awesome.

So I am trying to get an understand about this game. It looks awesome, but does the game have a story? Also the Online, does it have co op missions etc? Or do you just pretty much fly around and blow shit up.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Byshop  Moderator

@Arthas045 said:

That is awesome.

So I am trying to get an understand about this game. It looks awesome, but does the game have a story? Also the Online, does it have co op missions etc? Or do you just pretty much fly around and blow shit up.

The Elite series was always all about sandbox and to my knowledge none of the games have ever had a story. There are missions you can take, factions, reputations with those factions, trading, mining, pirating, bounty hunting, etc. There are news stories that support the fiction of the universe, also, but there are no "story" missions or central plot.

-Byshop

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Byshop said:

@Arthas045 said:

That is awesome.

The Elite series was always all about sandbox and to my knowledge none of the games have ever had a story. There are missions you can take, factions, reputations with those factions, trading, mining, pirating, bounty hunting, etc. There are news stories that support the fiction of the universe, also, but there are no "story" missions or central plot.

-Byshop

if you want any player fabricated story and events, check out /r/EliteDangerous

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

That's pretty awesome!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wis3boi

We should make a list of our CMDR names so we can find each other in space :D

I'm CMDR Ryuko-Matoi

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

commander gladestone here )..Original alpha backer )

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

That's such a cool thing for them to do. Im gonna have to go check that out sometime.

CMDR Doozie, always looking for wingmen to adventure with. I'll be near Sol if anyone wants to wing up add me.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wis3boi

@doozie78 said:

That's such a cool thing for them to do. Im gonna have to go check that out sometime.

CMDR Doozie, always looking for wingmen to adventure with. I'll be near Sol if anyone wants to wing up add me.

sweet, i hang out near and in sol myself, im generally a Federation person myself

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Byshop  Moderator

@wis3boi: I hunt pirates exclusively so I haven't done anything to run afoul of any faction except for some of the pirate ones. I mostly was hanging out in the late Beta starter systems like Wyrd, Dahan, Eranin, Asellus Primus, etc because they were familiar. Only problem is they changed up the contents/government/factions of those systems since the Beta so it's not like they were even remotely the same. I would troll resource extraction sites with a warrant scanner and take on pirates mostly in Wyrd because it's Federation (non affiliated systems are harder to hunt pirates in safely because nobody is "wanted" in them and you risk agroing other ships if you attack someone who's not wanted), it has multiple sites and a full station at which I can re-arm/refuel. It was also only one jump away from an Anarchy system so I could dump illegal cargo. By the time I decided to visit Sol, I had a ship that could do it in under 10 jumps and not even half a tank of gas (pretty fully loaded Cobra).

Here's my current loadout:

Cobra

Two class 2 gimbaled multicannons. 57K each.
Two class 1 gimbaled beam lasers E rated. 75K each.
Grade D Wake scanner.
Grade D Kill Warrant scanner.
Military Grade Composite.
Grade C Class 4 Power Plant.
Grade D Class 4 Thrusters.
Grade D Class 4 FSD
Grade A Class 3 Life Support
Grade A Class 3 Power Dist
Grade A Class 3 Sensors
Fuel tank (capacity 16)
Two 16 Cargo Racks
Detailed Surface Scanner
Intermediate Discovery Scanner
Grade C Class 4 Shield
Grade D Class 1 FSD Interdiction Device

Total rebuy is about 110k (fortunately I don't get killed very often). I still play with the weapon loadouts. Four class 1 beam lasers work great but by mixing in multicannons I can keep the heat under control. I tried Class 2 beam lasers in the class 2 slots (500k each) but the power drain was insanely fast.

Since the update and the "Strong" signal sources hunting pirates has become even more lucrative. The last one I investigated I took out four Vultures and got 130k for the one encounter in Federation bounties.

Also, if anyone is interesting I posted a video flyby of the Spock Station on my channel in the sig.

-Byshop

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Byshop  Moderator

Update: I just replaced the multicannons with two cannons. Class 2 grade D and 337k a pop. This has bumped my rebuy up to 130k.

-Byshop

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wis3boi

The war going on in Lugh is really heating up the past few days....took a selfie in combat, wasnt the smartest move ive made, but I lived.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Byshop  Moderator

@wis3boi: Is that a clipper? How much did that set you back?

-Byshop

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wis3boi

@Byshop said:

@wis3boi: Is that a clipper? How much did that set you back?

-Byshop

a little over 22mil, plus about 5-7 mil in upgrades, rebuy is around 1.4mil. Combat ready and 234 tons of cargo racks

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Byshop  Moderator

@wis3boi: Damn, I'm behind. The biggest player ship I've seen in person is like a Lakon but mostly Cobras and Vipers. How's that ship for combat compared to a Vulture? Also, what was your primary money making method?

-Byshop

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wis3boi

@Byshop said:

@wis3boi: Damn, I'm behind. The biggest player ship I've seen in person is like a Lakon but mostly Cobras and Vipers. How's that ship for combat compared to a Vulture? Also, what was your primary money making method?

-Byshop

Anaconda is the largest ship one can buy right now, its 145mil and has a lore crew of 32. Vulture is a pure fighter, much more nimble, but only has two large hardpoints, whereas the clipper has 2 large and 2 medium, but its a huge ship and as such a huge target.

I do trading to make the bulk of my cash, roughly 2-4mil an hour depending on the items in demand. With the recent buff to combat bonds and boutnies though, wars are rather comeptitive, though nothign beats trading for sheer profits

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

CMDR Insum Snoy here.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wis3boi

New update added in another celebrity station: Pratchett Disc

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I seen a station called Garrett is that the Garrett Wang station?. Harry Kim from voyager?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Byshop  Moderator

There are actually a lot of stations named after famous people and/or actors. Some of them are also have "unique" trade commodities which only are sold at that one station and many of them are jokes like "Ridley Scott Station" (Director of the first Alien movie) sells a unique commodity called "Leather Eggs" which have an amusing description. Wis3boi pointed out to me while online "George Lucas Station" that sells "Blue Milk". They also just added or renamed a station for famous Sci Fi author Terry Pratchet who very recently died.

-Byshop

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wis3boi

@Chatch09 said:

lol how do I make money in this game?

bounty hunting, trading commodities between stations, grabbing tasks off the bulletin board, player events such as wars and station construction.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#25 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

That's... Beautiful .

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

There is a George Lucas and Ridley Scott stations as well and those people are still alive.