Living the Nostalgia

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gaurav24988
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts
I have a fairly old system which i am going to upgrade soon. So i thought by the time i upgrade my system i would play the oldies which i have missed on so far. My current system plays games released till 2007 smoothly anything beyond that needs tweaking. I have already completed Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and the first Call of Duty currently im playing Neverwinter Nights, Burnout Paradise and Football Manager 2011 and im downloading Battlefield 2 Which games would you guys recommend?
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
The original max payne, the original Age of Empires games, the original Splinter Cell.
gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gaurav24988
oh max payne ruled it was freaking fun to kill ai blokes in bullet time
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
After Neverwinter Nights, move on to Neverwinter Nights 2. Next, Knights of the Old Republic. :)
Doktoraegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Doktoraegra
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts

Depends how far back you're willing to go but I did something similar recently. I started with Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines then Sky and Betrayal at Krondor, went on to Dungeon Master 1+2 and then Dungeon Keeper just to keep with the theme. Then I played Diablo 1+Hellfire and Diablo II LOD for a couple of days, then Warcraft 2 and old Worms, then Gangsters: Organised Crime, Temple of Elemental Evil, Baldurs Gate 1+2. Went on to play Heroes of Might & Magic 3-5, then Starcraft II although abit laggy and now I'm back at Icewind Dale, the first one.

When I write it down it's really obvious I've got some focusing problems. OHWELL.

gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gaurav24988
After Neverwinter Nights, move on to Neverwinter Nights 2. Next, Knights of the Old Republic. :)ChiliDragon
yup chilldragon i'll be definitely playing neverwinter nights2 after i complete the first one with all the expansions PS :- Aribeth De Tylmarande is HOT :D
gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gaurav24988

Depends how far back you're willing to go but I did something similar recently. I started with Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines then Sky and Betrayal at Krondor, went on to Dungeon Master 1+2 and then Dungeon Keeper just to keep with the theme. Then I played Diablo 1+Hellfire and Diablo II LOD for a couple of days, then Warcraft 2 and old Worms, then Gangsters: Organised Crime, Temple of Elemental Evil, Baldurs Gate 1+2. Went on to play Heroes of Might & Magic 3-5, then Starcraft II although abit laggy and now I'm back at Icewind Dale, the first one.

When I write it down it's really obvious I've got some focusing problems. OHWELL.

Doktoraegra
wow Doktoraegra u surely had a busy schedule..................................so which game out of these would u suggest i try next?
smbius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 1

#8 smbius
Member since 2002 • 1610 Posts
[QUOTE="gaurav24988"]I have a fairly old system which i am going to upgrade soon. So i thought by the time i upgrade my system i would play the oldies which i have missed on so far. My current system plays games released till 2007 smoothly anything beyond that needs tweaking. I have already completed Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and the first Call of Duty currently im playing Neverwinter Nights, Burnout Paradise and Football Manager 2011 and im downloading Battlefield 2 Which games would you guys recommend?

Freespace 2, Jedi Knight II, Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries, Bioshock 1 & 2, CoD4, Cryostasis, Brothers in Arms, Homeworld 1&2 and finish it off with Stellar 7
giovannimcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 giovannimcc
Member since 2011 • 132 Posts
Deus ex
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

I would recommend Rome Total War, but people tend to die from lack of food and water or from exhaustion when playing that game, so, approach with caution.

gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gaurav24988

I would recommend Rome Total War, but people tend to die from lack of food and water or from exhaustion when playing that game, so, approach with caution.

QQabitmoar
lol sounds like its totally worth a shot and i have seen videos of total war games and they are pretty amazing i was going to try medieval total war....................and i'll try to keep a pack of chips handy while doing so :)
gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gaurav24988
[QUOTE="smbius"][QUOTE="gaurav24988"]I have a fairly old system which i am going to upgrade soon. So i thought by the time i upgrade my system i would play the oldies which i have missed on so far. My current system plays games released till 2007 smoothly anything beyond that needs tweaking. I have already completed Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War and the first Call of Duty currently im playing Neverwinter Nights, Burnout Paradise and Football Manager 2011 and im downloading Battlefield 2 Which games would you guys recommend?

Freespace 2, Jedi Knight II, Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries, Bioshock 1 & 2, CoD4, Cryostasis, Brothers in Arms, Homeworld 1&2 and finish it off with Stellar 7

wow thats quite a list smbius i checked those games out and they look freaking awesome
gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gaurav24988
Deus exgiovannimcc
ah the good ol days...............when me and my cousin first played the demo of that game we were totally awed with the graphics and gameplay
Doktoraegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Doktoraegra
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts

[QUOTE="Doktoraegra"]

gaurav24988

wow Doktoraegra u surely had a busy schedule..................................so which game out of these would u suggest i try next?

Oh yeah, my life is just full of going outside and stuff. But well, if you like NWN you'd probably like Baldur's Gate, Temple of Elemental Evil and even Icewind Dale if you haven't tried those out. Abit different rules but still fun. If you want more old school roleplaying games you really should try out Dungeon Master and Betrayal at Krondor, it really doesn't get better than that.

Oh and I forgot to mention Postal 2 with the AWP patch, I just love some of those ED weapons.

gaurav24988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gaurav24988

[QUOTE="gaurav24988"][QUOTE="Doktoraegra"]

Doktoraegra

Oh yeah, my life is just full of going outside and stuff. But well, if you like NWN you'd probably like Baldur's Gate, Temple of Elemental Evil and even Icewind Dale if you haven't tried those out. Abit different rules but still fun. If you want more old school roleplaying games you really should try out Dungeon Master and Betrayal at Krondor, it really doesn't get better than that.

Oh and I forgot to mention Postal 2 with the AWP patch, I just love some of those ED weapons.

WOW im definitely giving these games a try thnx buddy
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Bless the person who mentioned Knights of the Old Republic. Words cant describe how much fun i had with this game.

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Half Life 1 and 2, Hitman blood money, Indigo Prophecy
EzekyleAbadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EzekyleAbadon
Member since 2010 • 1391 Posts
Hey, I just upgraded and I still play the old games, just finished XIII going for Gothic II now :P
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Head to GOG and have a gander imo. I can second MW4 Mercenaries - it's free and fantastic.