left for dead or killing floor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 takeiteazy3
Member since 2008 • 743 Posts

ok so i was saving to get l4d and i finally have enough to buy it, but now people talkin about killing floor and that its funner than l4d.

so what do you guys think, should i go for l4d or KF.

thks

Bumzur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Bumzur
Member since 2009 • 560 Posts
Killing Floor is more fun than L4D if you've already played L4D a bunch. They're completely different games so if you want a linear-based zombie shooter with few enemy types, go for L4D. If you want a sandbox wave-based shooter, go for Killing Floor.
SaviourJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SaviourJustice
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
I'll go for Left 4 Dead. Has awesome graphics and simple gameplay. But if the game gets to repetitive, I usually play Killing Floor but return back to Left for Dead after a few games XDDD
takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 takeiteazy3

thanks guys.

some more opinions would be appreciated

555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#5 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts

L4D

rcignoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rcignoni
Member since 2004 • 8863 Posts
Left 4 Dead is definitely much better.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts
Killing Floor by far.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts

Killing Floor hands down, more content! L4D is just prettier and the gameplay and UI is slightly more polished.

Edit: Hahaha, i bet all the people saying L4D have not tried both ! LOL.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Yeah no contest, L4D gets boring fast... I really liked the concept but never got my $50 worth. I've been playing a LOT of Killing Floor :)

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
id get l4d
Ferrari2992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ferrari2992
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

dude trust me just go for killing floor!! it has more content and its worth the 20 bucks! l4d is good n all but gets boring after awhile!! im sure killing floor will last you longer. n yea it might not look as good but graphics dont make a game better! IMO

siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts

L4D is better....

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
can you guys elaborate on why you think one is better than the other? Coz cryptic responses like "just better" or "more content!(what exactly)" just don't help out that much, if at all.
MappyMousePD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MappyMousePD
Member since 2005 • 113 Posts

Can I have an option that doesn't sound so violent?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts

can you guys elaborate on why you think one is better than the other? Coz cryptic responses like "just better" or "more content!(what exactly)" just don't help out that much, if at all.mirgamer
Killing Floor has a better weapon variety, more zombie variety, the realistic gunplay almost makes you feel the recoil kick whenever you fire a firearm, the gameplay is much more satisfying since the zombies are tougher and you need skill to aim for the head, the realistic gunplay only makes getting a headshot and then going into slow-mo and watch the zombie's head explode into little pieces more rewarding, unlike L4D and it's simplistic gameplay, the waves of specimens coming slowly at you gives out a better feeling the imminent threat as they get closer and closer and Killing Floor also has a better zombie outbreak atmosphere. Not to mention it's cheaper and has more replay value out of the box.

darkhorse286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkhorse286
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts

I'd say both, but I've been playing a lot of KF recently.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Can I have an option that doesn't sound so violent?

MappyMousePD
Of course ;) google/youtube counterstrike for kids, and I;m not joking there really is a mod like that or try to get a beta key for Battlefield Heroes, but seriously nonviolent and FPS don't mix, you shoot people in an FPS, you don't hug them. Anyway CS for kids and BF H are your best options.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts

L4D is better....

siddarthshetty
No it isnt. Listen to Zuluecho14
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DanielDust
[QUOTE="siddarthshetty"]

L4D is better....

Dr_Brocoli
No it isnt. Listen to Zuluecho14

Yeah, it's called an opinion. I had fun playing it at my cousin but one thing's for sure, I won't get it anytime soon, L4D is way better.
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

I'm sure half of the people in this thread that say L4D over Killing Floor have not played Killing Floor yet. Killing Floor is first of all cheaper. Its only $20 and has way more content than L4D. Plus Killing Floor's SDK got released a day after it came out and the developers acutally listen to people. Check the developer's other game Red Orchestra. That game got soooo much added content and patches, it shows that the developer actually cares!

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

I have both and would recommend L4D, but you really should have bought it when it was on sale a couple weeks ago if you had to save up to buy it.. :( Anyways KF is good but I think L4D will only get better with their updates, and it's a great game already. KF lacks polish and there's no real hurry to get into it right now. I don't think you'll be disapointed either way you go though, and KF is cheaper right now.

Watch a youtube video of both games and decide for yourself which is more your kind of game.

takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 takeiteazy3

I have both and would recommend L4D, but you really should have bought it when it was on sale a couple weeks ago if you had to save up to buy it.. :( Anyways KF is good but I think L4D will only get better with their updates, and it's a great game already. KF lacks polish and there's no real hurry to get into it right now. I don't think you'll be disapointed either way you go though, and KF is cheaper right now.

Watch a youtube video of both games and decide for yourself which is more your kind of game.

True_Sounds

yea i know, i should really gotten l4d when it was on sale now its GOTY =/

you say KF is cheaper right now, do you think they might raise the price?

btw, thanks zulu for a description of the game ;)

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I'm sure half of the people in this thread that say L4D over Killing Floor have not played Killing Floor yet. Killing Floor is first of all cheaper. Its only $20 and has way more content than L4D. Plus Killing Floor's SDK got released a day after it came out and the developers acutally listen to people. Check the developer's other game Red Orchestra. That game got soooo much added content and patches, it shows that the developer actually cares!

simardbrad
It did? I picked up Red Orchestra a couple years ago and play it from time to time.. great game, but I never noticed any serious additional content.
404-not-found

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 404-not-found
Member since 2009 • 1050 Posts
Killing Floor definately.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

[QUOTE="True_Sounds"]

takeiteazy3

yea i know, i should really gotten l4d when it was on sale now its GOTY =/

you say KF is cheaper right now, do you think they might raise the price?

btw, thanks zulu for a description of the game ;)

I've never seen a game get more expensive on steam.

chikinlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chikinlad
Member since 2008 • 1167 Posts

Well I am having tons of fun with killing floor right now, but I do think i got my money's worth with L4D, and the SDK is coming out soon so hopefully there will be some new stuff to play. Killing Floor has more weapons, and I think they are more fun to shoot than in L4D. Left 4 Dead has multiplayer though and that is always fun to play. I dunno what to tell you they are both really fun games and they are both pretty different too. And by the way do you really need to buy the game of the year edition? It is $10 more at best buy and doesn't it just have the latest update already on it? Could you not buy the $30 not game of the year one and just download the newest update?

takeiteazy3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 takeiteazy3

Well I am having tons of fun with killing floor right now, but I do think i got my money's worth with L4D, and the SDK is coming out soon so hopefully there will be some new stuff to play. Killing Floor has more weapons, and I think they are more fun to shoot than in L4D. Left 4 Dead has multiplayer though and that is always fun to play. I dunno what to tell you they are both really fun games and they are both pretty different too. And by the way do you really need to buy the game of the year edition? It is $10 more at best buy and doesn't it just have the latest update already on it? Could you not buy the $30 not game of the year one and just download the newest update?

chikinlad

yea im planning to just buy the original one, its $30. i would hate to pay $10 extra for a free update.

i will most likely buy KF later on. :)

07pops07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 07pops07
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

is say left 4 dead ive sunk over 1000+ hours into it allready (or more im not sure) and im it doesnt get the least bit boring. i think alot of people try to play left 4 dead like a normal shooter like a normal zombie game whene its so much diffrent as survivors you have to stick togather like glue you have to talk to each other you have to plan you have to save each other. its truly a team game.

as zombies or infected i think some people just rush in and die then get bored which i could see but when you have to think with your team (i know teamwork awful right?) to attack as a group so that when the smoker pulls one a hunter grabs the guy who comes for him, at the same time the boomer barfs on them the second hunter pins the next guy.

i would recomend left4dead to just about anyone (except my mom) but here are some things that could be problem

you dont need a mic but its very important to the very core of the game

if you dont like teamwork this game isnt for you.

you can get a demo of left 4 dead on steam for free right now so thats a + you missed the 50% off left 4 dead weekend they probably wont do that again for awhile

have fun

playnice

kill zombies

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

L4D feels like there was so much more work put into it. The animations, sounds, and graphics are simply amazing and add to the atmosphere. Sometimes if you shoot a zombie, it'll run into a wall, fall down, and die. Or it'll flinch every time you shoot it.

L4D also has versus mode. Nothing like being a zombie and eating someone's face off.

I watched one movie of Killing Floor and was turned away. The characters wouldn't stop chattering. The voice acting is awful. The game has no real story behind it. For some reason there's a weapons merchant still alive? The zombies would line up so that you can shoot them one at a time...

MacsterStudios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MacsterStudios
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
well I've played boot of them and I personnaly don't think they should be compared because they're just too different. But personnaly I preffer KF for many reasons: better graphics than L4D (in my opininon), way more cheaper (about $20), epic headshot effects (when you blow up your enemies heads u can see every single part of the brain comming out), slo-mo effect (wich make some of your headshots looks even more epic), more weapons (KF as like 25 guns while L4D got 6 (9 if you count the dual pistols and the grenades, but that's still not much), more players (up to 6 players in online play), has a leveling class/perk system, solo mode (unlike in L4D, there's no CPU replacing the players, wich is good because in L4D CPU are usualy freaking dumb, especialy when it they see a witch). Anyway if L4D wins I guess its simply because most (if not all) of the peoples who voted for L4D haven't played KF or even heard about it. If I where you I would chosse KF
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts

well I've played boot of them and I personnaly don't think they should be compared because they're just too different. But personnaly I preffer KF for many reasons: better graphics than L4D (in my opininon), way more cheaper (about $20), epic headshot effects (when you blow up your enemies heads u can see every single part of the brain comming out), slo-mo effect (wich make some of your headshots looks even more epic), more weapons (KF as like 25 guns while L4D got 6 (9 if you count the dual pistols and the grenades, but that's still not much), more players (up to 6 players in online play), has a leveling class/perk system, solo mode (unlike in L4D, there's no CPU replacing the players, wich is good because in L4D CPU are usualy freaking dumb, especialy when it they see a witch). Anyway if L4D wins I guess its simply because most (if not all) of the peoples who voted for L4D haven't played KF or even heard about it. If I where you I would chosse KFMacsterStudios
or maybe its called opinions? i played killing floor on the free weekend and it was nothing special i was expecting to be amazed and rush out and buy it now i proably won't the oppsite happend with the l4d 1 demo came out i was ever more hype for the game.the haunted mod for ut3 was actually more fun and had better graphics then killing floor.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

Killing Floor hands down, more content! L4D is just prettier and the gameplay and UI is slightly more polished.

Edit: Hahaha, i bet all the people saying L4D have not tried both ! LOL.

Dr_Brocoli

Or people just don't share your opinion? As someone who thinks L4D is prettier (which it is not) I am not sure if you have even played L4D. Art Direction may be better (mainly due to more variety), but it is technically inferior to Killing Floor in terms of texture resolutions and poly counts.

Killing Floor is a much sharper looking game. L4D is a much more polished experience. Killing Floor feels like a UT3 Mod.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
L4D. played KF during to free play weekend and pretty much hated the gameplay. it was slow and basically about reinforcing one area each wave.
artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 artiedeadat40
Member since 2007 • 1695 Posts

They are both fun games but I just had more fun with L4D. You really can't go wrong with either one.

pishti_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pishti_13
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts

L4D.

da_bomb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 da_bomb123
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

I have played both L4D and KF quite a bit. My personal preference is KF. The game just grows on you unlike L4D which ironically feels way more repetitive. L4D just feels too "arcadey" for me. Maybe it's that kind of playstyle which brings together players who are extremely impatient and whom I see a lot more of in L4D than in KF. KF is a lot "slower" and that's why I like it.

The gunplay in KF is superior to L4D and is the primary reason why I keep coming back to KF even though L4D may have the 'AI director' and random special infected spawns. The guns in KF are just really satisfying to use.

If you're the kind of player that is easily wowed by high production values and an arcadey game feel then go for L4D. If you want a game with heart and soul go with KF.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Killing Floor. People who vote for l4d, haven't played KF.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DanielDust

Killing Floor. People who vote for l4d, haven't played KF.JigglyWiggly_
And people that say what you did are biased fanboys of KF, which you are. You never miss a chance to use Killing Floor, server, hardcore, own in a thread that is about KF, L4D, L4D2 or L4DvsKF.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

This thread is from may.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Killing Floor. People who vote for l4d, haven't played KF.JigglyWiggly_

And what if they actually did play KF?:roll: KF was fun at first, but I slowly got bored of it after a couple hours. Meanwhile I am still enjoying L4D(2). L4D is better IMO.

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts
Both are fun. But go for L4D.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
L4D might have linear missions and killing floor might be simple enemy waves spawning, but its more fun, the enemy types are more fun. The shooting and weapons are much better, it has a much better style!!!
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Can't vote both are very very different. L4D is fantastic in its own right - its a run and gun zombie shooter. KF is a survival based 'zombie' shooter. - Say that after sinking well over 100 hours into L4D, and well... years and years of Killing Floor (played all the mod versions, and steam release over the years).
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dakan45

[QUOTE="mirgamer"]can you guys elaborate on why you think one is better than the other? Coz cryptic responses like "just better" or "more content!(what exactly)" just don't help out that much, if at all.ZuluEcho14

Killing Floor has a better weapon variety, more zombie variety, the realistic gunplay almost makes you feel the recoil kick whenever you fire a firearm, the gameplay is much more satisfying since the zombies are tougher and you need skill to aim for the head, the realistic gunplay only makes getting a headshot and then going into slow-mo and watch the zombie's head explode into little pieces more rewarding, unlike L4D and it's simplistic gameplay, the waves of specimens coming slowly at you gives out a better feeling the imminent threat as they get closer and closer and Killing Floor also has a better zombie outbreak atmosphere. Not to mention it's cheaper and has more replay value out of the box.

I like killing floor more for the same reason. Now if only the missiosn were linear it would be much more awesome!!
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dakan45
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Can't vote both are very very different. L4D is fantastic in its own right - its a run and gun zombie shooter. KF is a survival based 'zombie' shooter. - Say that after sinking well over 100 hours into L4D, and well... years and years of Killing Floor (played all the mod versions, and steam release over the years).

I wouldnt call L4D "fantastic" and KF just a zombie shooter. First of all killing floor is diffirent but l4d is more or less like a counter strike mod. Atleast killing floor has diffirent aiming mechanichs!! Again i am not snobbing your opinion, but i wouldnt call l4d "fantastic" Since it does not differ much from CS!!!
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Can't vote both are very very different. L4D is fantastic in its own right - its a run and gun zombie shooter. KF is a survival based 'zombie' shooter. - Say that after sinking well over 100 hours into L4D, and well... years and years of Killing Floor (played all the mod versions, and steam release over the years).

I wouldnt call L4D "fantastic" and KF just a zombie shooter. First of all killing floor is diffirent but l4d is more or less like a counter strike mod. Atleast killing floor has diffirent aiming mechanichs!! Again i am not snobbing your opinion, but i wouldnt call l4d "fantastic" Since it does not differ much from CS!!!

Oh I would call it fantastic. Versus mode with the a.i. director adds dynamic gameplay really unseen in a online shooter... in a very long time. Not often a game comes along offering such structured emergent gameplay tbh. It really is nothing like CS Zombies, if anything Killing Floor is much more similar - the original KF was around before Source Zombies began to develop into what it is. But ey, I can see why people wouldn't like L4D, its systems aren't terribly deep or complex, and most of the replay value comes from Versus mode, which is terribly time consuming.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dakan45
[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Can't vote both are very very different. L4D is fantastic in its own right - its a run and gun zombie shooter. KF is a survival based 'zombie' shooter. - Say that after sinking well over 100 hours into L4D, and well... years and years of Killing Floor (played all the mod versions, and steam release over the years).

Oh I would call it fantastic. Versus mode with the a.i. director adds dynamic gameplay really unseen in a online shooter... in a very long time. Not often a game comes along offering such structured emergent gameplay tbh. It really is nothing like CS Zombies, if anything Killing Floor is much more similar - the original KF was around before Source Zombies began to develop into what it is. But ey, I can see why people wouldn't like L4D, its systems aren't terribly deep or complex, and most of the replay value comes from Versus mode, which is terribly time consuming.

Maybe its just me then. Vampire slayer a mod for half life had versus mode!! Honestly i find it more similar to cs than killing floor. IMO The first killing floor had weapon sights aiming so it was nothing like l4d, even the zombies moved slow and it had weird non generic weapons such as crossbow!! What i would call "fantastic" is the amazing aiming and weapon mechanics KF has. I hope to see more games with so well designed gunplay!!!