This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Zealot_02_basic
Zealot_02_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zealot_02_basic
Member since 2002 • 860 Posts

(This is NOT a bash against the game, I actually think the gameplay is pretty cool and try to play it a few times a week since it came out)

I play scavenger and the other modes for a little while now and honestly it seems no one actually has fun playing this game.

Winning team: people stressing out about losing missed opportunities, yelling if they're ensnared or slowed down, swearing wildly if they win and downing another redbull

Losing team: stressing out even MORE about not getting enough points, bad split second decisions made by team mates resulting in kicking, constant insults to team members for no reason, rage leave constantly

I've met a few people who genuinely enjoy playing the game and have fun, but mostly the community seems to be dominated by shallow computer geeks who release their stress through the game, you can tell a lot of these people get pushed around by their bosses/classmates and take it out on their teammates. A few times guys on a team in vs would friendly fire everyone at 1HP for being drags on the team and try to force them to leave.

Seriously guys, I have a girlfriend and a demanding job...I can't keep up with people logging over 20 hours in a week.

Oh well, back to borderlands...

Anyone feel the same way?

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
I only play L4D2 with my friends on campaign with expert. I agree with what you have said here, there are quite a few people who make the game sht for others.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I've had mostly positive experiences playing the campaigns. Surprisingly the group of strangers I was playing with was having just as much fun as I was. What I hate is how some people just quit right in the middle after they die, especially after our group had a good run. Quitters are just no fun to play co-op with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
just gotta find the right group to play with
duxter1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

#5 duxter1
Member since 2008 • 409 Posts

The biggest problem I have encountered is rage quitters. Usually if I am on a losing team, someone will complain how everyone sucks and the leaves, but another player replaces them very quickly.

Only once has someone tried to kick me and that was because of lag.

kraychik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kraychik
Member since 2009 • 2433 Posts

Zealot - As a fellow Left 4 Dead gamer I agree with you 100%. I've found many cool players, though. I quickly add them to my Steam friends list so that I can have a pool of cool folks that I can buzz for future games. I've found, however, unfortunately, that ragers/griefers seems to be the norm, not the exception. Lots of rage kicks, angry players, non-talkers, etc. Why don't they just relax and have fun? Throughout all this BS, though, I still dig the game. It's important to have patience when looking for a quality lobby or game. If you folks wanna add a laid-back gamer holla @ me - my Steam profile name is kraychik.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

This is why one always plays with friends...

chikinlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chikinlad
Member since 2008 • 1167 Posts

Hahaha this reminds me of one guy who was literally screaming as loud as he could into his mic. He was excited because he was the tank and thought he was going to win, but then he decided to chase the only guy who still had green health. When he couldn't catch him he started screaming as loud as he could about how the guy was cheating, and with lots of swearing. Then he screamed at us about how we all sucked. When we were the survivors he walked up to one guy on our team named dave and started screaming, "dave i hate you i hate you dave" then killed the whole team and quit.

I thought it was hilarious, wish i would have recorded it

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I only play L4D2 with my friends on campaign with expert. I agree with what you have said here, there are quite a few people who make the game sht for others.Iantheone
Yeah when the demo came out I could not play a decent game without 1 person shooting everyone else or just making a huge mess. It is much better if you have a group you are familiar with.
Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

I agree. It is the main reason why I stick to campaign mode. Only tried scavenge mode once and the competitiveness of some players justs makes the enjoyment plummet. Same reason why I never enjoyed versus in the original.

Gamers should require an aptitude test before they are allowed access to a microphone. A lot of them brawl worse than donkeys.

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts

I agree also. Like someone else said, I got a full time job, wife, kid and my gaming time is limited weekly. I love L4D2 and it has been a blast playing it (especially with friends). I do try to play public games of versus and scavenge, and 9 times out of ten theres always some idiot who thinks he's all that and bad mouths everyone. I refuse to rage quit when being harrassed by some young bad mouth jerk who has nothing to do with thier life but be an imbecile online. So I stay in game and just play and usually get my butt handed to me cause anyone who joins quits because they can't put up with the person.

I may be a gluton for punishment but I figure in the end I can look back and say I didn't let him get the best of me. Of course the few times were I was lucky enough to get other good players on my team and win made it that much more enjoyable in the end. In the end this game is just more enjoyable with people you've played with before when it comes to versus and scavenge mode's.

Swampsteel91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Swampsteel91
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I've had a very positive experience with lfd2. Barely any rage quitters, though in the beginning I played a lot of games with people that just didn't know how to play. Since I've moved up in difficulty and played a a lot of games with friends I know are skilled, its been great! Can't wait until chainsaw massacre mutation!

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
People get bored playing the game over and over. Sometimes they need to change it up a little bit even if it doesn't benefit their teamates.
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
i clocked in about nearly 400 hours in the game and im starting to get bored, ill admit that. if you only clocked in about 20 hours then you really have to look into trying to modded servers. 10 vs 10 matches are really fun. I would go and say its much more fun than 4 v 4 matches. right now im trying to think of other co-op online games out there that can satisfy my needs, though developers dont seem to make games like that.
trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

Ahhhh blasphemy! Lol, I dunno, L4D2 is my #1 fav game flavor for the month, I am loooooving it. I find most pub vrs pubs are fine (although 50% of them end in ragequits), I personally can't stand Campaign mode, fighting bots just isn't fun for me. I loooooove doing vrs, if you can find 1-2 more people to play with you're set. My favorite thing to do is reverse pub stomps. Join a game that is a premade, invite your buddies and just roflstomp them. Get good enough and it only takes you and a buddy to stomp average premades.

Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

Hahaha this reminds me of one guy who was literally screaming as loud as he could into his mic. He was excited because he was the tank and thought he was going to win, but then he decided to chase the only guy who still had green health. When he couldn't catch him he started screaming as loud as he could about how the guy was cheating, and with lots of swearing. Then he screamed at us about how we all sucked. When we were the survivors he walked up to one guy on our team named dave and started screaming, "dave i hate you i hate you dave" then killed the whole team and quit.

I thought it was hilarious, wish i would have recorded it

chikinlad

lol, i think i may have ran into that guy. During the last phase of hard rain he was in the safe room screaming about how there was a (insert Fbomb here)ing pig in the bathroom. We all went in and didn't see anything and called him a liar, started screaming about how he wasn't crazy lol. Turns out later that I did see that pig he was talking about, it was a painting in the safe room....go figure. He also wouldn't stop screaming every time the storm came in with the horde...made it impossible to communicate. GUy was hilariouis to listen to though.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#17 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts
Yea, what gives? I got kicked out of a server because I got the lowest score on the Infected team. Really pisses me off. Why can't people just have fun and stop thinking about who is winning by a long shot.
Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

Yea, what gives? I got kicked out of a server because I got the lowest score on the Infected team. Really pisses me off. Why can't people just have fun and stop thinking about who is winning by a long shot.mhofever

that's wha happens when it gets competitive. I don't really care too much, as long as i'm not playing with a VERY SERIOUS player then I'm having fun