left 4 dead 2 keeps getting engine error - please help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

atomz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 atomz09
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Greetings, i have the aus version of l4d2 so i did the gore thing how you make it 510 and it was working pro, then a new update came out and changed it back to normal, i didnt know this so i ran it and joined a versus match, they all said u have to do it again, so i quit and did it, tryed to run it but when i ran the .exe it ran then closed then opend the steam one then closed and said engine error: Could not load librar client, so i was lyk FU&%, changed it back to the normal 550 (that was mine when i first installed l4d2 not the 590) and then ran l4d2 to get some gore help online, but noo the same engine error. Can anyone please help! i even dled that left 4 dead censor thing and that still does the Could not load library client BS! Please help, i spent $109 for this sh*% and its not working :S +l4d and l4d2 are my fav games :S WHY DONT YOU WORK!
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
This makes me happy i live in NZ :P Try reinstalling the game.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
delete the local cache and redownload it or verify integrity of game cache. see if that makes any difference
atomz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 atomz09
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Then i go over my cap coz of the patchs and ea gig over is $100
fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fynne
Member since 2002 • 8078 Posts

Uninstall it and then run a registry cleaner. CCleaner is an open source one that I use. Then install it again.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Oh Australia, the dark age of internet.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iantheone
Oh Australia, the dark age of internet.JigglyWiggly_
Surprisingly they have better internet than us. We only got broadband where i live about 4 months ago
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]Oh Australia, the dark age of internet.Iantheone
Surprisingly they have better internet than us. We only got broadband where i live about 4 months ago

You live in the US?
Avatar image for deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]Oh Australia, the dark age of internet.JigglyWiggly_

You live in the US?

Cmon, he said he lives in NZ before.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="mr_so_evil"][QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Iantheone"] Surprisingly they have better internet than us. We only got broadband where i live about 4 months ago

You live in the US?

Cmon, he said he lives in NZ before.

O I C
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
[QUOTE="atomz09"]Then i go over my cap coz of the patchs and ea gig over is $100

what a rip $100 per gig over? you can get much better deals than that. just do and verify integrity of game cache then, that will only redownload missing files.

nz has pretty good internet in most places. I can download a full game in a few hours. just the caps suck.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Iantheone
[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"][QUOTE="atomz09"] what a rip $100 per gig over? you can get much better deals than that. just do and verify integrity of game cache then, that will only redownload missing files.

nz has pretty good internet in most places. I can download a full game in a few hours. just the caps suck.

Not here on the south island. Especially in Timaru lol. My family was on a modem plan thing for vodafone. We went 1 gig over from a 1 gig cap and got charger $600.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="imprezawrx500"][QUOTE="atomz09"] Surprisingly they have better internet than us. We only got broadband where i live about 4 months ago

Not here on the south island. Especially in Timaru lol. My family was on a modem plan thing for vodafone. We went 1 gig over from a 1 gig cap and got charger $600.

You're kidding...
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Iantheone
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="imprezawrx500"] nz has pretty good internet in most places. I can download a full game in a few hours. just the caps suck.

You're kidding...

I am not kidding. They overcharge sooo much down here. Its what we get fro a single company haveing a monopoly on telecommunications