This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts

About to start playing playing these games for the first time just finishing installing some mods, pretty pumped up since I haven't played any good rpgs in ages. So for people that have played it how would rate these games among the great rpgs.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#2 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

I played them for the first time within the past five years. I LOVE the original, and felt the second was pretty good.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

They don't rate among the great RPGs of all time. Especially gameplay wise. From a 'story' perspective (writing, characters..) KotoR 2 is actually very good though. (Obsidian game)

As far as KotoR 1...If you played any bioware game before, it will just feel like a rehash of characters, themes and plot devices from their other games.

Just make sure to get the restored content mod for 2.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58647 Posts

KOTOR 2 (with restored content) is the best starwars game made imo. The combat in both are so-so sadly but the characters, interaction and story in KOTOR 2 are amazing. Kreia especially is a fucking amazing character.

cyborg100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By cyborg100000
Member since 2005 • 2905 Posts

I've only played the first 2 years ago and became quite immersed in the story, the interesting settings and crafting a character. So yeah, great game despite the awkward combat and classic Bioware structure.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

KOTOR 2 (with restored content) is the best starwars game made imo. The combat in both are so-so sadly but the characters, interaction and story in KOTOR 2 are amazing. Kreia especially is a fucking amazing character.

Agreed. Obsidian = brilliant. But not to downplay the first KOTOR, which is good. A tiny bit overrated in my eyes. Definitely some memorable moments in that game but I feel KOTOR 2 with restored content is superior.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I really enjoyed the first KOTOR. I would consider it up there amongst the other top RPGs for the platform. It's a great RPG for kids and the younger crowd particularly. KOTOR 2 on the other hand was a relatively painful game experience. The characters suck, the writing pertaining to dialogue sucks, the narrative sucks, the intro section of the game really sucks, the graphics suck (more than the 1st somehow), and the locations all seemed to suck. Didn't use mods but I really didn't feel like playing more than a few hours in.

pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts

I'd rate them as some of the best RPGs that I've ever played, Kotor 2 being my favorite. Gameplay wise, they're pretty good, Kotor 2 has some really nice customization options for weapons/armor, I liked the level progression in both games, and classes were different enought to warrant several playthroughs, but still felt natural in the Star Wars universe. Combat can be a bit on the boring side if your used to the flashier RPGs of today though.

But really where these games excel is in the universe, the story, the characters, and the lore. Being a Star wars game you already know the world and lore is going to be awesome. The stories in both games are just as excellent, Kotor 1 has one of the best twists in a game's story that I can remember, and Kotor 2's more darker story really got to me like no other story ever did. And also the characters are some of the most iconic in Star Wars EU, characters like Revan, HK-47, Bastilla, Aton, and, my favorite, Kriea.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'd definitely vote Kotor 1 as one of the best RPGs of all time. It still brings back so many great memories of me playing it on the original Xbox. I can't talk about Kotor 2 because I've never played it but If it's anything like the first I may have to buy it from Steam.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I liked KOTOR for the story, since while KOTOR II wasn't bad, it was presented a lot better in the first. That said, I thought the second had the better gameplay and mechanics.