krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

I've only played the base game for about two hours, but that's ONLY because of all the other Winter Sale games I gorged on. What I played I loved and I have every intention of playing the game to completion once it comes up on my queue. That said, Amalur is on sale again this weekend and I'm tempted to snatch the DLC. That said, is it worth the price? Does it really add enough to be worth it?

Thanks for the help.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

Unless it brings you some co-op lan or something I don't think it's very interesting to play MMO based game alone.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 krazyorange

Nah I don't mind that. Every MMO[RPG] I've played I've gone the solo route. Depending on others for enjoyment is a gamekiller,

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

@krazyorange said:

Nah I don't mind that. Every MMO[RPG] I've played I've gone the solo route. Depending on others for enjoyment is a gamekiller,

Yeah but this one is empty of people, it's like playing WoW or GW on private server that you make and no one joins.

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

I own game, all dlc's. And must admit that both DLC's Pirate One and Titan worth the money seperate story, both DLC are very different in atmosphere then original game, Pirate DLC gives you place to build up your army, stronghold etc.. collection quests and stuffs like that,.. I didnt regret buying them 40 + hours spent into DLCs.

kille142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 kille142
Member since 2009 • 60 Posts

yeah tbh they are worth but the game is repetitive ...

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Yup sure is worth the buy..Its diablo in 3d basically..Some of the email quests are boring but ah well..Game couldve been so much more..Only wish some one wouldve bought the title..Done some thing great with it..Alas that was never meant to be..

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

kingdoms of amulur is a great game, play it on hard though, i though it was a bit too easy, even on hard

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I really wanted to like this game but it was pretty bad. It takes the worst elements of the MMORPG genre and smashes them into a generic single-player game. If I'm looking for an open-world, 3d action-RPG I'd rather play Risen or Divinity 2.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

The game itself is pretty lengthy and since you're only 2 hours in it might be better to just try to finish the base game first. As others have said, it gets pretty repetitive (imo because of the low difficulty) so you might well get sick of it before the ending.

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 krazyorange

Excellent, thanks for the advice friends. I'll skip the DLC for now and focus on the vanilla story. And besides it will be on sale again soon I'm certain. No sale price for two years, then a couple months ago its first sale and again this weekend. EA moneyprinters must be smelling blood in the water.

In other news, I should stop posting when drinking. Apologies on the poor wording of OP.

amalager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 amalager
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

Wow, thanks for the feedback. I have this game but I didn't have any DLC's. But now I'm interested in getting those thanks to this thread.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@amalager said:

Wow, thanks for the feedback. I have this game but I didn't have any DLC's. But now I'm interested in getting those thanks to this thread.

Yeah same here, I have always been interested in the game. I have never played think I might pick it up before the sale end.