Kane and Lynch 2 is a console port dead to rights.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Philhellene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Philhellene
Member since 2009 • 178 Posts

Is there even a place where you can talk with other players? Not even a lobby, a chatbox during matchmaking, I don't think you can even type while in-game. What a console port.

ekultus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ekultus
Member since 2010 • 1013 Posts
ha really? wow man these fail devs and cheap pubs need to find a new line of work. I got that blacklight tango down game gifted to me the other day and same thing, no chat box anywhere and no dedis. when will these einsteins realize that us pc players will not support utter crap. we have been on dedis for multiplayer and have had chatboxes since pc gaming began, there is no going back, what a joke lolololol
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

I dont think this is the type of game PC gamers will buy for the online play.

Philhellene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Philhellene
Now don't get me wrong, the multiplayer is fun (although with some annoying bugs) but it's just so stripped down. I don't think I will buy it.
coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

Not excited for it at all. I played the first one recently and it was pretty damn boring.

Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

Looks like I'm going to be standing in the multiplayer by myself.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Is there even a place where you can talk with other players? Not even a lobby, a chatbox during matchmaking, I don't think you can even type while in-game. What a console port.

Philhellene
As i have said before, pc versions will get only worse and worse with more devs making rushed pc versions just because they dont wanna bother as much as the console version and they are too lazy to make changes because the game can work on pc as it is.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
[QUOTE="Philhellene"]

dakan45
As i have said before, pc versions will get only worse and worse with more devs making rushed pc versions just because they dont wanna bother as much as the console version and they are too lazy to make changes because the game can work on pc as it is.

You guys should stop saying things about a game which you've only experienced by playing a buggy , way too buggy demo.
FatSlasH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FatSlasH
Member since 2005 • 509 Posts

You can tell it's a console game because of those annoying little X'es that pop up everytime you hit a target. Also there's no proper 16:10 support so I get black bars.

9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
have you even played the first one? They lied to us about a patch and it never came. Tehy dont care about the PC, there just trying not to screw this one up
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

lol at the whiners, the pc version is by far the best but still complaining. the resolution is like 500p on console, the controls suck, the graphics suck, and the online features are no better. There was ac.tually a thread about a week back about how most people actually liked the demo. Its got everything I want, solid keyboard and mouse controls, vsync with triple buffering, runs well, and is fun.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TerrorRizzing
have you even played the first one? They lied to us about a patch and it never came. Tehy dont care about the PC, there just trying not to screw this one up9mmSpliff
nobody actually cares about any platform more than any other, the console conspiracies have to stop.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TerrorRizzing
[QUOTE="Philhellene"]

dakan45

bad example, the console version is terrible. Runs at like 500p. alot of games just get rushed period, but I still enjoyed the pc demo.
Philhellene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Philhellene
[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]have you even played the first one? They lied to us about a patch and it never came. Tehy dont care about the PC, there just trying not to screw this one upTerrorRizzing
nobody actually cares about any platform more than any other, the console conspiracies have to stop.

It's not a conspiracy but rather an opinion that is slowly becoming a fact... that devs are putting in less and less effort in making games match the PC standards, very basic standards that have been here ever since the birth of PC gaming.
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
[QUOTE="Philhellene"][QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"][QUOTE="9mmSpliff"] You must not haev been PC gaming for too long, cause the quality in PC games has gone down. Also, you are right, they dont care about other platforms, but money does.
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"][QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]have you even played the first one? They lied to us about a patch and it never came. Tehy dont care about the PC, there just trying not to screw this one upPhilhellene

It's not a conspiracy but rather an opinion that is slowly becoming a fact... that devs are putting in less and less effort in making games match the PC standards, very basic standards that have been here ever since the birth of PC gaming.

Exactly. Thank you, plus this guy has only played the Demo, the game is horrible, full of bugs glitches, bad graphics and the best part was the story, which still could have been better.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#16 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Philhellene"]

rmfd341

You guys should stop saying things about a game which you've only experienced by playing a buggy , way too buggy demo.

I agree with Exar, I dont even play Demos 99% of the time anymore. Reason is that soooo many times ive played a demo and HATED it, only to try the full game later and loved it.

Judging a game by a demo to me is like judgin a movie by its trailer or a book by its cover.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#17 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="Philhellene"]

dakan45

There are plenty of games that are better on pc then on consoles....

The only game that I can think of on consoles that was a better multiplat was Saints Row2, RE4 (as the pc version has some bad problems) and some random sports games.

Bad Company2, Mirrors Edge, GTA IV, Call of Duty series, Dragon Age, Mass Effect1/2, Assasins Creed series, Oblivion, Morrowind, Team Fortress2, Risen, Mafia1, GTA SA, Farcry2, RE5, etc.. the list goes on.

I love my ps3 and 360 but I rarely ever buy a multiplat game on consoles if there is a pc version.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"][QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]have you even played the first one? They lied to us about a patch and it never came. Tehy dont care about the PC, there just trying not to screw this one upPhilhellene

come back after you try the demo on console. runs at 1024x576and looks horrible. The controls are also terrible with a controller. Check the console boards, they hated the demo.

acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 acsam12304
Member since 2005 • 3387 Posts

[QUOTE="rmfd341"][QUOTE="dakan45"] As i have said before, pc versions will get only worse and worse with more devs making rushed pc versions just because they dont wanna bother as much as the console version and they are too lazy to make changes because the game can work on pc as it is.kozzy1234

I agree with Exar, I dont even play Demos 99% of the time anymore. Reason is that soooo many times ive played a demo and HATED it, only to try the full game later and loved it.

Judging a game by a demo to me is like judgin a movie by its trailer or a book by its cover.

I can second this Red Faction Gurrilla

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Philhellene"]

rmfd341

In other words you think they gonna bother with a chatbox on the pc version of the game when the full version comes out? Sorry but if thats the case, then my point was pretty much hit and miss to you since my point did not go across at all. Let me make it simple, gamedevelopers dont care that much about pc versions anymore, they only gonna get worse and so far i am proven right, this game is another example. If they can get away with stuff like that, they sure as hell gonna do them.

Was not the first game that didnt let you play coop with keyboard and mouse? let alone that they never patched the game....and you expect them to deliver this time? Come guys open your eyes, this is how game industry will work fron now on. Better we all get used to it :(

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

[QUOTE="rmfd341"][QUOTE="dakan45"] As i have said before, pc versions will get only worse and worse with more devs making rushed pc versions just because they dont wanna bother as much as the console version and they are too lazy to make changes because the game can work on pc as it is.dakan45

In other words you think they gonna bother with a chatbox on the pc version of the game when the full version comes out? Sorry but if thats the case, then my point was pretty much hit and miss to you since my point did not go across at all. Let me make it simple, gamedevelopers dont care that much about pc versions anymore, they only gonna get worse and so far i am proven right, this game is another example. If they can get away with stuff like that, they sure as hell gonna do them.

Was not the first game that didnt let you play coop with keyboard and mouse? let alone that they never patched the game....and you expect them to deliver this time? Come guys open your eyes, this is how game industry will work fron now on. Better we all get used to it :(

You got used to it, MW2 fanboy.