Just played the ESO beta again.

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I have to say I really enjoyed it. They have polished it up a bit and personally I found it to be pretty darn fun and immersive. I'm even considering the Digital imperial edition...

I have heard the pvp is really great my only concern is if they will put enough endgame in there and update it regularly.

Anyway, just saying.....I know I'm in the minority.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts

I remember reading TESO would not have end game content as in raids for other MMOs. I can't find a link for that though. Here is the only info I was able to find: http://elderscrollsonline.info/end-game-content

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts
@ForsakenWicked said:

I remember reading TESO would not have end game content as in raids for other MMOs. I can't find a link for that though. Here is the only info I was able to find: http://elderscrollsonline.info/end-game-content

The adventure zones are pretty much 12-man raids. However we haven't seen it yet in the weekend beta testing or the private testing. Zenixmax Online Studios has said that one adventure zone will be available at launch, but who knows.

Endgame is much different than some other MMORPGs.The PvP is by far the best I've seen in a MMORPG in regards to RvR. People who hate PvP will indeed enjoy it considering there's something at stake, the Imperial City. If you're really into PvE, but dislike raiding and prefer small parties, the 50+/++ content is going to keep people busy since a completionist could probably spend over 400 hours just doing the storylines for the 3 Alliances. If you're into raiding the adventure zones will be your primary concern. Crafting is a monster in itself simply because the system while easy to grasp is harder to master with plenty of options to put your own staple on the items you create.

What's key is that exploration is apart of everything I just mentioned. And I think for players who love to tweak their characters, they will enjoy the variety when it comes to make building their avatar. In fact, I think we'll begin to see some new archtypes within the Holy Trinity that no one has seen before in a MMORPG because the skill system really allows you to play the way you want.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BSC14

@NeoGen85 said:
@ForsakenWicked said:

The adventure zones are pretty much 12-man raids. However we haven't seen it yet in the weekend beta testing or the private testing. Zenixmax Online Studios has said that one adventure zone will be available at launch, but who knows.

Endgame is much different than some other MMORPGs.The PvP is by far the best I've seen in a MMORPG in regards to RvR. People who hate PvP will indeed enjoy it considering there's something at stake, the Imperial City. If you're really into PvE, but dislike raiding and prefer small parties, the 50+/++ content is going to keep people busy since a completionist could probably spend over 400 hours just doing the storylines for the 3 Alliances. If you're into raiding the adventure zones will be your primary concern. Crafting is a monster in itself simply because the system while easy to grasp is harder to master with plenty of options to put your own staple on the items you create.

What's key is that exploration is apart of everything I just mentioned. And I think for players who love to tweak their characters, they will enjoy the variety when it comes to make building their avatar. In fact, I think we'll begin to see some new archtypes within the Holy Trinity that no one has seen before in a MMORPG because the skill system really allows you to play the way you want.

Thanks for the info :)

Assimilat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By Assimilat0r
Member since 2011 • 767 Posts

That endgame is pritty much nothing ,even GW2 have better end game where is no endgame at all. Played TESO around 30 + hours and i must say thats the really really awful MMO, combat is damn buggy and ironic, STAMINA mechanism done badly 2 swings with heavy 2hander and you are out of stamina. World is huge i admit but those mount riders ruind all Elder scrolls feeling on already empty world, there is few place from there to there but feeling stay empty, We need yet to see their great idea implementing console worms to MMO,... i dont troll i really was hyped to TESO but now after playing a bit i already rage quit.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BSC14

@Assimilat0r said:

That endgame is pritty much nothing ,even GW2 have better end game where is no endgame at all. Played TESO around 30 + hours and i must say thats the really really awful MMO, combat is damn buggy and ironic, STAMINA mechanism done badly 2 swings with heavy 2hander and you are out of stamina. World is huge i admit but those mount riders ruind all Elder scrolls feeling on already empty world, there is few place from there to there but feeling stay empty, We need yet to see their great idea implementing console worms to MMO,... i dont troll i really was hyped to TESO but now after playing a bit i already rage quit.

The adventure zones?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@BSC14 said:

I have to say I really enjoyed it. They have polished it up a bit and personally I found it to be pretty darn fun and immersive. I'm even considering the Digital imperial edition...

I have heard the pvp is really great my only concern is if they will put enough endgame in there and update it regularly.

Amazing how you can hate GW2 so much that you cannot stand to post it every chance you get....but you can "really enjoy.." this. Even calling it immersive, which I have the opposite opinion of. Different strokes indeed....

I have to ask, were you a fan of the Elder Scrolls games? I notice people who were not but enjoy MMO's generally seem to like this one, Elder Scrolls fans not so much.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BSC14

@vfibsux said:

@BSC14 said:

Amazing how you can hate GW2 so much that you cannot stand to post it every chance you get....but you can "really enjoy.." this. Even calling it immersive, which I have the opposite opinion of. Different strokes indeed....

I have to ask, were you a fan of the Elder Scrolls games? I notice people who were not but enjoy MMO's generally seem to like this one, Elder Scrolls fans not so much.

Well I liked Skyrim even though I never finished it. I liked the idea of the Elder Scrolls games in the past but they were so poorly done imo. I know nothing about the ES lore so that might be part of it. To me it feels like not other mmo out there.

I really was not planning on getting it until yesterday...for some reason it felt a bit different than the betas in the past. I will say the animations are still rough to look at...better but still rough.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BSC14

@vfibsux said:

@BSC14 said:

Want to add something real quick. I don't have a crazy hate for GW2, I just was crazy annoyed by the hype that imo the game far from deserved. People were going on and on about how it was so revolutionary when it absolutely wasn't. They had no original ideas but made claims that their events were so different than anything in the past mmos. Warhammer and rift both had similar events and came out first....they just didn't revolve the entire game around the events like GW2.

Then you came along and got irritated wit me o you know....I had to continue to live up to my rep I guess.

Anyway, the point was that the hype was way overblown and all these reviewers saying it was the next step in mmos and all this bs....and look now.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vfibsux

@BSC14 said:

@vfibsux said:

@BSC14 said:

Want to add something real quick. I don't have a crazy hate for GW2, I just was crazy annoyed by the hype that imo the game far from deserved. People were going on and on about how it was so revolutionary when it absolutely wasn't. They had no original ideas but made claims that their events were so different than anything in the past mmos. Warhammer and rift both had similar events and came out first....they just didn't revolve the entire game around the events like GW2.

Then you came along and got irritated wit me o you know....I had to continue to live up to my rep I guess.

Anyway, the point was that the hype was way overblown and all these reviewers saying it was the next step in mmos and all this bs....and look now.

I still thoroughly enjoyed the leveling experience at release with GW2 more so than other MMO's, which were more about getting to the end game. I would have liked WvW to be better. My point....it did do it differently on the surface where it did not make you feel as though you were grinding. I think they pulled that off well personally. Just no staying power for me and this whole live event thing has sucked balls.

Anyway, I told you to give ESO a chance since you obviously have different taste in gaming, there ya go.

hijacobhi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 hijacobhi
Member since 2010 • 83 Posts

here's a dungeon raid video, low level and the frames per second are slow but it gives a good sense of what raids in this game look like

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

ESO isnt a very good game, but at the same time it is nowhere near as terrible as I thought it would be.

While it is definately in the lower tier of mmos I have played, it is not as bad as some other AAA mmos I have played in the past few years.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Played about 4 hours and 30 min of ESO, have to say it's mediocre at best. I could probably stand it if it wasn't a sub based game cause it feels like a F2P that's just a modded (poorly) version of Morrowind. The combat is pretty decent and that's the only positive thing I can say about ESO.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

It's nice to have an MMO with emphasis on first person combat, sticking with the formula of Elder Scrolls.

Problem personally for me is LAG, since I live in Australia so anyone know if they are doing local servers?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BSC14

@FelipeInside said:

It's nice to have an MMO with emphasis on first person combat, sticking with the formula of Elder Scrolls.

Problem personally for me is LAG, since I live in Australia so anyone know if they are doing local servers?

agree..that's what stands out.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58947 Posts

After Guild Wars 2, it's difficult to justify a subscription fee + £40 +item shop. It kind of just smacks of corporate arrogance much like EA with Old Republic.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#18  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Tried hard to enjoy this but just can't. Maybe a 2 player coop Elderscrolls game would have been better?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vfibsux

The overwhelming sentiment over this game seems to be negative, I have no doubt f2p will be in its future.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I have a buddy that loves ESO but dismisses GW2. I have been in the last 3 beta weekends and cannot get into ESO. I think GW2 is better at almost everything and cannot understand why anyone would like ESO more. Am I missing something? Every time my friend lists something "cool" that ESO does I say. "but wait isn't it just like that in GW2?"

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vfibsux

@GoldenElementXL said:

I have a buddy that loves ESO but dismisses GW2. I have been in the last 3 beta weekends and cannot get into ESO. I think GW2 is better at almost everything and cannot understand why anyone would like ESO more. Am I missing something? Every time my friend lists something "cool" that ESO does I say. "but wait isn't it just like that in GW2?"

I think they are two very different games and outside of being in the same genre I think the comparisons are just not there. I see ESO as being torn between trying to be an MMO and Elder Scrolls, but not doing either as well as it needs to in order to pull it off.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Maroxad

@GoldenElementXL said:

Different strokes for different folks. Personally I find both to be utter trash. Though I would rather play ESO than torture myself with Guild Wars 2 again (which I consider to be the second worst mmo ever made). Reason for this is because I like things like resource management (which GW2 is seriuosly lacking) and not being able to use every skill (assuming they are not on cooldown). From what I hear the RvR in this game is a lot better than the failed attempt that was GW2 as well, but getting to level 10 is a massive bore. especially with all the buggy quests so I havent gotten to try it out yet.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BSC14

Again my only concern is that the endgame will be crap or just that they wont have any. Other than that I like it a lot. It's far from perfect but it is different and I find it to be pretty fun.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

To be honest the game feels like a gw2 clone. Somethings are done a bit better, others not, I don't know but I personally wouldn't want to pay the cost of playing this game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FelipeInside

@vfibsux said:

The overwhelming sentiment over this game seems to be negative, I have no doubt f2p will be in its future.

Here yes but the general chat INSIDE the game is all positive.

I agree F2P will come around after a year or so, but that doesn't mean anything these days.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Maroxad

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

I agree F2P will come around after a year or so, but that doesn't mean anything these days.

Is it?Bbecause I remember quite a bit of negativity inside the game too. Though a good portion of said negativity was related to some very specific quests either due to being atrociously designed or buggy and unfinishable.

I think it will go f2p in 6 months. Unless they pull an EverQuest 2.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BSC14

@FelipeInside:

agree... it's going to go free to play at some point for sure but that means little to nothing now a days. I'm sure they already have a model planned for it.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vfibsux

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

Think about that Felipe.....the people like me who have made up their mind about it are not in general chat to voice the negative, because we are no longer playing. I could easily jump in there and complain about the game any time but I have better things to do ;)

You can't deny there is a shadow over this game, the hype has turned sour. This doesn't mean you can't enjoy it, and we all know you are not a Elder Scrolls fan in the first place so for you this is a new MMO that is mixing it up.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

Is it?Bbecause I remember quite a bit of negativity inside the game too. Though a good portion of said negativity was related to some very specific quests either due to being atrociously designed or buggy and unfinishable.

I think it will go f2p in 6 months. Unless they pull an EverQuest 2.

What I read from inside the chat (mostly the last beta) is that everyone is happy with the game even though it needs a bit of work before launch.

Most people have pre-ordered and the Imperial Edition at that.

We need to get away from the thinking that F2P is fail, cause it's not like that anymore. Most MMOs that have gone F2P are now earning MORE money then when they were subscription. The plan from Zenimax is intelligent. Launch with sub to test the waters and earn back the production costs, then go to F2P if numbers start dropping too far. With a title like Elder Scrolls behind it, they can afford to launch like that.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

I'll most likely pre-order the game!

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BSC14

@Sweetbackhair said:

Me too, sometime this week.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sweetbackhair

@BSC14 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

Either this week I'll pre-order it, or when I get paid next week it depends on how I feel haha

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FelipeInside

@Sweetbackhair said:

@BSC14 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

Either this week I'll pre-order it, or when I get paid next week it depends on how I feel haha

I want to preorder it too, mostly for the pet, but problem is then I will want to play it at launch (or early access), and I hate seeing 130 people running around doing the same quest as me.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sweetbackhair

@FelipeInside said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@BSC14 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

I want to preorder it too, mostly for the pet, but problem is then I will want to play it at launch (or early access), and I hate seeing 130 people running around doing the same quest as me.

I was doing a quest in the beta and had to wait because 10 other people were waiting to kill the same target as I was.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BSC14

@Sweetbackhair said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@BSC14 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

I was doing a quest in the beta and had to wait because 10 other people were waiting to kill the same target as I was.

Yes that always sucks

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BSC14

Just ordered the digital imperial edition....might even take a day off of work for it when it launches.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

The game is pretty good, but I will wait for the first sale before I jump in.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sweetbackhair

@Arthas045 said:

The game is pretty good, but I will wait for the first sale before I jump in.

I'm hoping for something in GMG for pre-ordering it.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sweetbackhair

@BSC14 said:

Just ordered the digital imperial edition....might even take a day off of work for it when it launches.

Priorities man! :D

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

I enjoyed playing the beta, but not sure if this is something I will enjoy after a month or 2. Deinfately still has some kinks that need to be worked out. Lots of bugged quests too that will most likely still be an issue in a month. For sure, I would play to see the storylines but that's about it.

Have to be honest, not too impressed with other MMO's I've played in beta that are coming out this year either. I keep going back to F2P Neverwinter, which I have tons of fun with.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BSC14

@Sweetbackhair said:

@BSC14 said:

Screw that

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sweetbackhair

@BSC14 said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

@BSC14 said:

Screw that

I meant ESO > work haha

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Maroxad

Looking at the list of upcoming changes. It is nice to see a developer admitting to making mistakes and trying to correct them.

• Several UI improvements (the UI the game has right now is downright horrible).
  • Tonnes of bug fixes for quests so maybe half of the quests wont be buggy at launch.
  • Collision and combat feedback will be greatly improved.
  • Mobs after level 5 will enjoy an increase of difficulty, so maybe it will be possible to die now without AFKing.
  • The Line of sight rules will now be properly followed, so hopefully no more hitting enemies standing behind you.
  • AI improvements, namely they will now try to synergize their skills now.
  • Plenty of balancing changes
  • No awful obligatory introduction islands.

Now if only Arenanet could do the same.

@FelipeInside said:

We need to get away from the thinking that F2P is fail, cause it's not like that anymore. Most MMOs that have gone F2P are now earning MORE money then when they were subscription. The plan from Zenimax is intelligent. Launch with sub to test the waters and earn back the production costs, then go to F2P if numbers start dropping too far. With a title like Elder Scrolls behind it, they can afford to launch like that.

An mmo going from p2p to f2p, especially when the dev its adamant that it will be a sub based mmo is a strong indicator that it did fail (as a p2p game).

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

@FelipeInside said:

An mmo going from p2p to f2p, especially when the dev its adamant that it will be a sub based mmo is a strong indicator that it did fail (as a p2p game).

No, it's changing strategy depending on market. It's obvious this game is going to have thousands of players playing at the start, so the sub is the right strategy. Later down the track they will review that strategy based on player count and market study.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BSC14

@FelipeInside said:

@Maroxad said:
@FelipeInside said:

No, it's changing strategy depending on market. It's obvious this game is going to have thousands of players playing at the start, so the sub is the right strategy. Later down the track they will review that strategy based on player count and market study.

I agree. I don't think we will see any mmo stay pay to play except WoW. I would expect from here on out to pay a sub for a limited time and eventually go free.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

What faction/race/class/combo did you play?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BSC14

@Led_poison said:

What faction/race/class/combo did you play?

I played about 5 or 6 different combos. I'm still unsure what I'm going to stick with.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

They haven't even showed much pvp. I don't mean RAIDs but what about 3v3 etc, or open world pvp.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BSC14

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

They haven't even showed much pvp. I don't mean RAIDs but what about 3v3 etc, or open world pvp.

I honestly can't say. I'm not normally a big PvP guy myself but there are a lot of previews of PvP and not a one bad. My understanding is that the PvP is really good.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@BSC14 said:

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

I honestly can't say. I'm not normally a big PvP guy myself but there are a lot of previews of PvP and not a one bad. My understanding is that the PvP is really good.

Angry Joe did a pretty good video on the PVP content. It was really interesting to watch.