Just got Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

So I just got the Windoforce GTX 770 4gb version from Gigabyte, and got three free new games. Assassin's Creek IV Black Flag, Splintercell Blacklist, and Batman Arkham Origins. Last night I also got Borderlands 2 on the STEAM sale.

Will I be impressed by the performance increased over my GTX 570? Also, I will be getting Crysis 3 very soon.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Gee, I don't know if you'd be impressed, why don't you run 2 tests, one with the 570 and the other with the 770; Both tests should be on max graphics.

Please share you results I'm not sure if you'd be impressed enough.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Gtx 770 is a pretty big improvement over the 570, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SystemsGO

@PredatorRules: Gee, you're an angst filled teenage boy.

This was in response to anytime I mention upgrading my 570 being told it's still a good card and there is no reason to upgrade. Now I'm wondering how justified my purchase will be in the long-run. I know Maxwell is scheduled to be out sometime next year, so I would feel invalidated to have to turn around and upgrade next year to keep up with the current games at that time period.

Btw, being an Internet personality on a forum doesn't automatically mean you have to be a pompous, arrogant, self-absorbed tool with a superiority complex. Try communicating with others using a bit of civility, like you would in real-life. No, we can't slap you, or punch you on the Internet, but that doesn't mean you have to possess any extra hair on your manhood to account for your cowardice IRL.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@SystemsGO said:

@PredatorRules:

Gee, you're an angst filled teenage boy.

This was in response to anytime I mention upgrading my 570 being told it's still a good card and there is no reason to upgrade. Now I'm wondering how justified my purchase will be in the long-run. I know Maxwell is scheduled to be out sometime next year, so I would feel invalidated to have to turn around and upgrade next year to keep up with the current games at that time period.

Btw, being an Internet personality on a forum doesn't automatically mean you have to be a pompous, arrogant, self-absorbed tool with a superiority complex. Try communicating with others using a bit of civility, like you would in real-life. No, we can't slap you, or punch you on the Internet, but that doesn't mean you have to possess any extra hair on your manhood to account for your cowardice IRL.

I meant you came here on the forum post that you've got all those goodie games along with the sweet one of the top GPUs on the market and you ask this silly question if you'd see any difference between low end old GPU 570 and the 770 high end.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Gtx 770 is a pretty big improvement over the 570, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Agreed. I don't see how you'd be disappointed with it. I went from a GTX 580 to a GTX 670 Signature 2 and I was very satisfied with the overall improvement in performance.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SystemsGO

@Elann2008: Thanks! Your answer was more like something I was looking fir, sire.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@SystemsGO said:

@Elann2008: Thanks! Your answer was more like something I was looking fir, sire.

You're welcome. Any time. :)

Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9  Edited By Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts

How good is the card in terms of cooling? sorry if this has been mentioned before

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SystemsGO

@Chris_53: The reviews on the card on Newegg said it didn't get above 70c on the fur benchmark

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

I recently upgraded from GTX 560 TI to GTX 760 and I'm pretty impressed. I'm sure, you'll be impressed. My friend has MSI GTX 770 (2GB) and it's pretty impressive for that price at least.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

Its okay Systems, predator will probably get punched in the face in real life anyway :P.

Any who it is a very good card I am sure you will be satisfied with the upgrade. Now you have to imagine from me going from a 4870 to an r9 290... That's like driving a 90 Honda Civic to a 2013 Nissan GTR.