Just bought an LG HDTV...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sonygamerchick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 sonygamerchick
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts

Nice looking 20'' ... works well with the PS3 with amazing clarity, but now I've noticed an annoying delay when the characters talk... about 4 seconds or so... is this normal? Is there a way to get it back to being in sync?

Thanks for any help!

Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts
Is it an LCD t.v.?
sonygamerchick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sonygamerchick
Yes.
ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ATLReppa770
Member since 2005 • 4208 Posts

Yes.sonygamerchick

Do you have a link to the product?

sonygamerchick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sonygamerchick

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=173620&WT.mc_n=4&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=COMPARISON%20SHOPPING&cm_cat=GOOGLE&cm_pla=DATAFEED-%3EPRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=4

Sorry... don't know how to post links... but that is the product there. I also have phillips hdmi cord that cost about 40 bucks.

Thanks again.

sonygamerchick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sonygamerchick
So while playing The Godfather the voices were in sync when it started... now... not so much... I crash a car... the crash noise comes about 4 seconds later... I shoot guns... the sound is later... it's starting to be aggravating.
ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ATLReppa770

So while playing The Godfather the voices were in sync when it started... now... not so much... I crash a car... the crash noise comes about 4 seconds later... I shoot guns... the sound is later... it's starting to be aggravating.sonygamerchick

Are you sure your display settings are correct on the PS3? I don't have a PS3, so I don't know how you would hook up using HDMI cable or 720P HD, but I'm sure there are some settings you can change. Also, have you tried another HDMI cable? Maybe it's a faulty cable..?

Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts

LCD's generally lag with gaming. Don't sweat it though cause everyone gets it.

EDIT: Didn't notice link

ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ATLReppa770

LCD's generally lag with gaming. Don't sweat it though cause everyone gets it. How about a link to your t.v.? comstrikeiscool

She already posted the link in her third post.

Invader_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Invader_basic
Member since 2002 • 4873 Posts
LCD's generally lag with gaming. Don't sweat it though cause everyone gets it. How about a link to your t.v.? comstrikeiscool
A time delay of four seconds is definitely not normal. A question for the original poster: it sounds as though it is just the sound that is delayed. Is that true, or is it also the video that is delayed? (As in, you press a button and it takes four seconds for your character to move on screen, or to move through menus and such.)
sonygamerchick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sonygamerchick
So far just the sound. I haven't noticed any lag in actual game play. The game starts of with the sound synced then as it progresses it gets to that 3-4 second delay.
Avatar image for skateboardnorth
skateboardnorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 skateboardnorth
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hey there, I think I might be able to help you fix your problem!! I just got a 20" LG LCD HDV and I have a PS3 hooked up through HDMI. I had the exact same problem as you, the sound would gradually lag about 2 seconds behind. I figured out what was wrong, it wasn't my TV's fault. The PS3 automatically set itself to run 5.1 surround sound and my TV only has two speakers. The TV couldn't process the sound properly in 5.1, so this is how I fixed it....

On the PS3

- goto the "Settings" tab from the main menu

- then scroll down to "Sound Settings" and click on it

-the select "Audio Output Settings" click on it

- select your type of connector for you audio "HDMI, Digital Out, Audi input...." press X

- now on this screen go down to "Manual" press X

- you'll see a big list of different audio settings, the only one you change is the very top one "Dolby Digital 5.1Ch."

-uncheck the box beside "Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch."

-now simply press X and everything should work perfect. No more lag. I really hope this works/helps you.

Enjoy your PS3 it's the best machine yet :)