This topic is locked from further discussion.

zatorys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 zatorys
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

hello

i only found final fantasy 7 and 8:(

is there any good jrpg for pc ??

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

um i only know of one good one the last remnant

zatorys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zatorys

um i only know of one good one the last remnant

tony2077ca
got it but come on its only 3 games :(
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

one of the Grandia's came out for the PC i think.

-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Master_St3ve-
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
Those three are the only ones I know of. Best thing to do is buy a PS2 (used) for $50 and play all the PS1 and PS2 JRPGs money can buy.
zatorys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zatorys
Those three are the only ones I know of. Best thing to do is buy a PS2 (used) for $50 and play all the PS1 and PS2 JRPGs money can buy. -Master_St3ve-
thats what i will do :) ps1&2 r full with jrpgs
ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

Breath of Fire 4 is on the PC. Septerra Core is another good one to check out. But that's all I can think of ATM.

johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
legally there are not so many on the pc altough the ps had alot of good one if only we could play then on the pc :(
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
The Last Remnant Septerra Core Grandia 3 Breath of Fire 4
Ken34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ken34
Member since 2003 • 247 Posts

i think ill try the last remnant out, those vids looked impressive. I love jrpgs. i thank the threadmaker for making this thread, good info.

zatorys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zatorys

i think ill try the last remnant out, those vids looked impressive. I love jrpgs. i thank the threadmaker for making this thread, good info.

Ova
jrpg on pc are very very rare :(
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tony2077ca

[QUOTE="Ova"]

zatorys

i think you need more very's oh and i should mention that the last remnant take a little getting used too if you don't have a controller

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

SMT: imagine

final fantasy 11

final fantasy 7

oblivion has some JRPG mods for big eyes and asian textures

the old lufia and star ceans can be found (unofficialy) ported to the pc (no star ocean 3 however)

a few mmo's are jrpg's (mainly the free ones)

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Playing Last Remnant now. Better than I thought it was going to be. The leader/unit battle system is a little different and takes some getting used to, plus you don't level up like typical rpgs. Again good game, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a good rpg for PC.

Its actually alot better than the 360 version, go figure. :)

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

every single NES,SNES,GBA,PS1, and some PS2 ones

with emulators since theyre completely legal as long as you own the game

aside from that FF7,8,grandia,last remnant and theres some free ones. also aion is kinda a jrpg oh and isnt phantasy star on the pc?

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Anachronox

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tony2077ca

Playing Last Remnant now. Better than I thought it was going to be. The leader/unit battle system is a little different and takes some getting used to, plus you don't level up like typical rpgs. Again good game, and I recommend it to anyone looking for a good rpg for PC.

GPAddict
i very much doubt that last part I've played it on both no real difference except maybe the controls
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts

aside from that FF7,8,grandia,last remnant and theres some free ones. also aion is kinda a jrpg oh and isnt phantasy star on the pc?

washd123
Thats a misconception - the emulators themselves are legal, but ROMS and BIOS image files are not. Whether you own the original game or not.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
[QUOTE="washd123"]

carlosjuero
Thats a misconception - the emulators themselves are legal, but ROMS and BIOS image files are not. Whether you own the original game or not.

He is correct. It's only legal for whoever owns the copyright for the ROM's. Which means the game publisher.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
+ 1 for Last Remnant
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
[QUOTE="Ova"]

zatorys

Yep. You'll have a better time on consoles if you like them, PC has better Rpgs than those japanese ones.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GPAddict

[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

tony2077ca

i very much doubt that last part I've played it on both no real difference except maybe the controls

I mean the battle animations and drawing of the graphics.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tony2077ca

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"][QUOTE="GPAddict"]

GPAddict

i saw no difference with those between the pc and 360 versions
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GPAddict

[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"] i very much doubt that last part I've played it on both no real difference except maybe the controls tony2077ca

Taken from the official Gamespot review: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thelastremnant/review.html?tag=tabs;reviews

This is what I am referring to...

Those attractive environments were squandered on the Xbox 360, on which awful technical problems soiled the artistic beauty. On the PC, the frame rate remains smooth, which makes it easy to drink in the scenery and fully enjoy the bloody drama of The Last Remnant's spectacular-looking battles. Texture pop-in, a telltale sign of the Unreal 3 Engine, is still present but less conspicuous, and the loading times have been markedly improved, which keeps the pace flowing nicely.

Penguin_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Penguin_dragon
Member since 2005 • 1516 Posts
What we lack in JRPGs we make up for in MMORPGs. Many of which are free and very much like a JRPG. I.E. Lineage Aion etc.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tony2077ca

GPAddict

Taken from the official Gamespot review: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thelastremnant/review.html?tag=tabs;reviews

Those attractive environments were squandered on the Xbox 360, on which awful technical problems soiled the artistic beauty. On the PC, the frame rate remains smooth, which makes it easy to drink in the scenery and fully enjoy the bloody drama of The Last Remnant's spectacular-looking battles. Texture pop-in, a telltale sign of the Unreal 3 Engine, is still present but less conspicuous, and the loading times have been markedly improved, which keeps the pace flowing nicely.

no still no difference and you can keep saying whatever you want i will keep saying the same thing oh and i used the install thing on the 360 so that may have helped oh well can't help everyone
-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Master_St3ve-
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"] i saw no difference with those between the pc and 360 versionstony2077ca

no still no difference and you can keep saying whatever you want i will keep saying the same thing oh and i used the install thing on the 360 so that may have helped oh well can't help everyone

The difference would matter on how great the PC was you played it on.
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tony2077ca

-Master_St3ve-

The difference would matter on how great the PC was you played it on.

i have it on max and still nothing so stop

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Thats a misconception - the emulators themselves are legal, but ROMS and BIOS image files are not. Whether you own the original game or not.carlosjuero

Um, that's also wrong. Making game and BIOS dumps for personal use is not illegal.

The illegitimate aspect is that most people obtain dumps illegally. However..you can completely legally play things like PS2 games on your PC, for example ..it's just a bunch of extra work if you want to avoid violating the law (and you actually need a PS2 to dump a BIOS image from) so most people just don't bother.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts
You can also check out the plethora of RPGmaker games. Some of them are pretty well done.
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

The Spirit Engine 2

The Spirit Engine 2 is an epic adventure that evokes the feel of ****c console RPGs whilst providing a fresh experience with an innovative real-time battle system and a compelling story.

Medea is a world with a uncertain past and an elusive future, dominated by its mysterious overlords, the inhuman Rakari. But history is beginning to unravel in the mighty state of Lereftain. Murderous cults are running unchecked through the streets, parliament is bickering, tension is building with old enemies in the west and the country's rulers seem to be losing control. Three citizens who find their paths crossing in an act of charity one dark night will find themselves burdened with the responsibility of not only defending a nation but deciding whether to save civilisation as they know it. Features

• An innovative and engaging real-time RPG battle system which rewards tactical flair and timing. Combine your characters' unique abilities and unleash them at the right moment to overcome your foes.
  • An extensive plot spanning nine distinct chapters. Assemble your party of three from an initial choice of nine, each with their own perspective on the main events.
  • A lovingly crafted world, populated with colourful characters, drawn with detailed, old-fashioned 2D graphics and accompanied by an epic 3 hour soundtrack.
  • Helpful difficulty control. Switch to 'Easy' to enjoy all the story, or lock on 'Hard' and skip the dialogue to focus on the combat gameplay.

Link

not really a jrpg but still good :P

TerroRizing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TerroRizing
Member since 2007 • 3210 Posts
[QUOTE="GPAddict"]

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"] i very much doubt that last part I've played it on both no real difference except maybe the controls tony2077ca

Um the 360 version ran like garbage, the pc version ran fine... major difference.
Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#33 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Devil May Cry 4 maybe?
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tony2077ca

TerroRizing

Um the 360 version ran like garbage, the pc version ran fine... major difference.

i have played the 360 version and i found nothing wrong with it i think installing it helped or i got the only decent copy of the game. have you even played it on the 360

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GPAddict

[QUOTE="TerroRizing"][QUOTE="tony2077ca"] i saw no difference with those between the pc and 360 versionstony2077ca

i have played the 360 version and i found nothing wrong with it i think installing it helped or i got the only decent copy of the game. have you even played it on the 360

OK man, you win! I give up. jeez. :)

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

The Spirit Engine 2

The Spirit Engine 2 is an epic adventure that evokes the feel of ****c console RPGs whilst providing a fresh experience with an innovative real-time battle system and a compelling story.

Medea is a world with a uncertain past and an elusive future, dominated by its mysterious overlords, the inhuman Rakari. But history is beginning to unravel in the mighty state of Lereftain. Murderous cults are running unchecked through the streets, parliament is bickering, tension is building with old enemies in the west and the country's rulers seem to be losing control. Three citizens who find their paths crossing in an act of charity one dark night will find themselves burdened with the responsibility of not only defending a nation but deciding whether to save civilisation as they know it. Features

• An innovative and engaging real-time RPG battle system which rewards tactical flair and timing. Combine your characters' unique abilities and unleash them at the right moment to overcome your foes.
  • An extensive plot spanning nine distinct chapters. Assemble your party of three from an initial choice of nine, each with their own perspective on the main events.
  • A lovingly crafted world, populated with colourful characters, drawn with detailed, old-fashioned 2D graphics and accompanied by an epic 3 hour soundtrack.
  • Helpful difficulty control. Switch to 'Easy' to enjoy all the story, or lock on 'Hard' and skip the dialogue to focus on the combat gameplay.

Link

not really a jrpg but still good :P

devious742

Game looks marvelous.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tony2077ca

[QUOTE="tony2077ca"]

[QUOTE="TerroRizing"] Um the 360 version ran like garbage, the pc version ran fine... major difference.GPAddict

OK man, you win! I give up. jeez. :)

now now no need for that