Is warhammer worth the buy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sundquist11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sundquist11
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Im just curious if warhammer is worth the buy or should i go with lotr, or wait for darkfall which is also promising to be good just curious
sundquist11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sundquist11
Also what are the benefits in the game, like what is different compared to wow and other mmorpg's. I tried AoC and WoW and WoW was ok for ahwile but boring, so can this game be better?
sundquist11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sundquist11
Im just looking for a game i can play for a long time
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

Sundquist for future refrence there is an edit button so you can edit your orginal post and add your new thoughts too it

I have not played warhammer i plan to buy it tommrow from my freinds ive heard its really great and is having a great launch

PunishedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 PunishedOne
Member since 2003 • 6045 Posts

4 simple points:

1. This is the best PvP you can find in a major MMORPG. Bar none.

2. Thegame is designed around flexible schedules as it's PvPed based (Or, to use the proper term, RvR), and does NOT require 4+ hour raids to get the best gear. The best gear comes from high Renown ranks (PvP ranks, there are 80 of them) and sacking cities. There is also an Open Party system, which basically means that any random person can join a party to do Public Quests or go world RvRing.

3. Public Quests are a revolution for questing.

4. This game actually requires skill, unlike the "other."

sundquist11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sundquist11
Ya after reading some of the comments of game i bought it today am still installing cant wait to play, looks good thanks for help guys
dainsanereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 dainsanereview
Member since 2008 • 603 Posts

just buy it.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

4 simple points:

1. This is the best PvP you can find in a major MMORPG. Bar none.

2. Thegame is designed around flexible schedules as it's PvPed based (Or, to use the proper term, RvR), and does NOT require 4+ hour raids to get the best gear. The best gear comes from high Renown ranks (PvP ranks, there are 80 of them) and sacking cities. There is also an Open Party system, which basically means that any random person can join a party to do Public Quests or go world RvRing.

3. Public Quests are a revolution for questing.

4. This game actually requires skill, unlike the "other."

PunishedOne

I agree with everything

PQs,RvR,Scenarios and siege battles are just brilliant not to mention Mythic has done a very good job of trying to make the game bug free (still some bugs but their minor).

icey6ch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 icey6ch9
Member since 2005 • 598 Posts
very fun game so far. You should buy it.
sundquist11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sundquist11
i bought the game, and too be honest i dont think i like mmorpgs anymore they all similar so all of u have fun but i dont like this game
Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts

4. This game actually requires skill, unlike the "other." PunishedOne

ROFL, good one.

It's usually those who are terrible at a game that say the game requires no skill/strategy/thinking. I've heard this a thousand times from whiny posts on various forums.

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

stay away from the mmorpgs so we can get companies to make some good 1 player rpgs .... also it is a timesink ... also it is ugly and has a caster class that floats on a disc which is dumb plus the hunter class is way worse than WOW and looks horrid in combat and on top of all this the heads are way too big for the bodies on many characters ...

crappier than WOW ... get LK if you have to play an mmorpg

DeViLzzz

sigh... its not nothing like wow. so stop comparing the gameplay and its classes. People dont understand WaR is RvR not pvp or 1v1/5v5 or w/e.

people roll classes in war and come in with a mindset that this will be like wow, classes like the shadow warrior (hunter class like.. is not a hunter though) ok it sucks in 1v1.. luckily this game is RvR(massive group pvp) and the chance you will 1v1 is likely to rarely happen. atm with my shadow warrior in Tier 1 scenarios pretty much always comes in top 3 dmg and Killing blows.. and its a hell of alot of fun, This is because the game is about GROUP PVP not 1v1.

IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts
definetly the best pvp mmo out now. You can start pvping at lvl 1 without any trouble, also the pvp isnt gear based like wow.
Mr__Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mr__Peanut
Member since 2008 • 828 Posts

okay, saying this game is "nothing like wow" is a blatant lie and you know it.

You can say it focuses on pvp and skill more than WOW but saying that it's anything more than an improved rip off is nonsense.

IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts

okay, saying this game is "nothing like wow" is a blatant lie and you know it.

You can say it focuses on pvp and skill more than WOW but saying that it's anything more than an improved rip off is nonsense.

Mr__Peanut

the game is nothing like wow.

have you even played it?

there arent any instances or raid zones or dungeons. they dont even share the same classes or races, what exactly did you find to be so similar other than theyre both mmorpgs...one is pve focused and one is pvp focused

yanni1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yanni1
Member since 2004 • 1067 Posts

^^ exactly, people who havent even played it assume from screenshots that it's the same based on the UI alone, infact that is probably the only slight similarity to wow.. the UI

you obviously have no clue peanut if you believe it is an "improved rip-off"

Apillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Apillow
Member since 2003 • 1062 Posts
I hate MMO's and I love this game. That should tell you something.
Kragspire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Kragspire
Member since 2004 • 123 Posts
I'm not much for PVP in games but I must admit WAR has really got me hooked so far. The ease of getting into a match and then jumping back out to do pve combat is quite impressive to this old time mmorpg'er. I never really followed the game too much thru alpha/beta but I must say i'm having some fun so far, so that is all that matters to me.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts
Warhammer Online is a blast. I wasn't expecting much when I bought. But I was surprised by the Public Quests and RvR. Public quests are like the greatest thing to grace an mmo so far. There fun to do and even better with friends.