Is this pc worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blue-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By blue-man
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Before anyone says it I know it's better and cheaper to build your own rig but a)I don't have the knowledge or the patience to do so and b)I don't really trust anyone I know to do it.

So i'm thinking of getting a new gaming pc and I found this one in a shop near me.I did some reaserch on it and it seems good and not that overpriced but I really wanted some more opinions since I'm not a pro on the subject.

http://www.mediamarkt.gr/mcs/product/ASUS-G10AC-GR003S,99452,397552,909151.html

I also found this cheaper one but I'm not so sure about it.

http://www.mediamarkt.gr/mcs/product/ASUS-G10AC-GR004S,99452,397552,909143.html

I would really appreciate it if you helped me.Are these rigs any good?Overpriced?

Avatar image for The_Animator420
The_Animator420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 The_Animator420
Member since 2013 • 262 Posts

Both are overpriced for the parts you are getting.

If I were you, I would get a computer with an i5 instead of an i7-4770, and a better GPU.

sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts

Yeah, I think they are both overpriced as well. I think the 2nd one is the better deal if you had to choose. And from my knowledge, I think you should pick an i5 over a i7 for gaming.

Big_Red_Button

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Building a PC is not a complicated process.

Parts snap into the machine, and they're not as fragile as you think. Follow a simple assembly guide and save yourself hundreds of dollars, or get a machine that is considerably faster for the same price.

If you could build Lego as a kid you can build a PC.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5  Edited By marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

@Big_Red_Button:

Loading Video...
jcknapier711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By jcknapier711
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

The following is a much better deal:

http://www.directron.com/bf4-budget-gamer-am3-plus-computer-2.html

http://www.directron.com/bf4-budget-gamer-am3-plus-computer-1.html

Although, I'd highly recommend choosing the Nvidia 760 GTX option over the default 7870 option on both of them.

blue-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blue-man

Ok thanks for the help.I know building a pc isn't really hard specially if someone tells me the parts i need but I really don't want to screw up and waste all that money.I'll take your advice and search for something with an i5.If there is a model that you would recomend please tell me.Thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4f404bdfc2e
deactivated-5d4f404bdfc2e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 deactivated-5d4f404bdfc2e
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

The 1st rig is excellent for gaming, with the 16Gb RAM and the GTX660 3Gb, the 2nd rig is outdated it has only 1Gb of GRAM on the graphics card

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By marcthpro

@gery_gorenshtein said:

The 1st rig is excellent for gaming, with the 16Gb RAM and the GTX660 3Gb, the 2nd rig is outdated it has only 1Gb of GRAM on the graphics card

First you don't seem to know Performance per $ and also that 1GB RAM doesn't mean it bad or GPU benchmark so ur opinion is rather shallow

so honestly you don't know that honestly

if he is wiling to rip away money he is better with the 2nd rig and change gpu for 300$ to get a GTX 770 even so it a rip off at asked price i'm close to True Expert pc builder of gamespot i was ranked in post count #8

blue-man where do you live ? aren't there local computer store around ur town ? , you can ask them for a small fee like 30 Euros to Build ur PC From Scratch that mean you bring them all the part and they do it : and it will always work and you shouldn't be scared of mess up , if you know how to drive a car or have built something remotely technical as as those lego kit with the manual as a kid you are alright Both ask more Dexterity and Patience then building a PC

Building a PC is Essentialy those piece

#1 the Processor pick any that fit the price / performance

#2 the Motherboard Socket Based on processor IE : LGA 1150 is H87 & Z87 while for AMD IT Socket AM3+ FX 4/6/8 Series CPU which have like chipset that vary from 990FX (Deluxe) to 960G (Cheap)

#3 4-8GB of Ram 8GB is more then enough : 4GB Bare minimum (Will run game okay)

#4 Video card - For maxing Game i suggest a GTX 660 TI Boost or GTX 770 or AMD R9 280X / HD7970

#5 Power Supply : picking something of Quality vary hugely on the sales of the product as there hundred to choice from : you usually go with something Bronze rated 80+ within 500W to 600W

#6 Hard Drive usually 1TB To 2TB Is the Trend of what people pick

So what missing ? The Computer Tower (ATX) the DVD DRIVE : THE OS (Window 7 or Window 8.1) ur Choice After that ur PC Is running There a Extra part but this one involve Overclocking : (it called an Aftermarket cpu cooler) not everyone does the following : even thought since 2012 it Extremely Easy to perform a basic overclock

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

in some country it cheaper to import part from uk in europe then get is pc in is own country

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/

in Deutschland from what i know it cheaper to get it from the lot of store online in that country but i haven't built that much PC Grocery List From there i did thought

blue-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blue-man

@marcthpro: Honestly I hadn't thought of the pc store thing.Might actually do that.I'm gonna do some more reasearch and maybe post again in these forums asking for more help.People here seem to be both nice and helpful.Thanks dude!

blue-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blue-man

I also found this prebuilt one which doesn't seem that bad tbh.Opinions?

http://www.e-shop.gr/product?id=PER.912155

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d4f404bdfc2e

@marcthpro said:

@gery_gorenshtein said:

First you don't seem to know Performance per $ and also that 1GB RAM doesn't mean it bad or GPU benchmark so ur opinion is rather shallow

1st I don't know how much money he's willing to spend, and 2nd 1Gb of RAM based on nowdays GPUs is pretty damn low; Nowdays "gaming" gpu's than handle graphics on high on average have 2Gb of RAM at least, a 250$ GPU have 2Gb and it goes up to 1k $ that have 6Gb of RAM.

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By marcthpro

@gery_gorenshtein:

that is true holwever my card have 1.3GB of ram and it doing fine and several 1GB ram video card are doing okay for most of game : thought if you can get 2GB Video ram card it better but you could have a 2GB GTX 650 and it would barely make a Difference for majority of game the power must follow and the resolution as well

as per say nothing below GTX 650 / 7850 is Worth buying for medium / high game for 2012 And newer (2013-2014) i'm not trying to bash you but here some benchmark showing a R7 260X versus a GTX 560 TI

http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/R7_260X/images/bioshock_1920_1080.gif

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R7_260X/8.html

as you can see the real reason the R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 is winning over GTX 560 (2011) 1GB GDDR5 it because it have more power not because it have twice the ram

but as game of 2014 Appear : 2GB will become the what you should seek for 1080P when it offered : but a 1GB video card can defeat a 2GB video card even in newest game if it have more power behind it just like a 2GB Video card can crush a 4GB video card even on 1400P

however if we are speaking of like 1080P X 3 or 4K HD then a 4GB version of a Weaker card ie : GTX 770 4GB might give a mega boost over GTX 780 3GB even if both are overclocked but it depend of game as well if the engine can (use all it resource)

So anyway my point he should build is own PC : for lower money then pre-built and more warranty : as each part have usually a warranty exceeding 3 year + that mean is PC with RMA is guarantee for like 5 Year working condition and the majority of own build tend to last longer by just the fact of being better quality part and more airflow (Colder hardware)

so you can expect them to last a Decade Excluding the motherboard / video card of the equation and sometime certain power supply brand as both can randomly die within a few month of purchase. but they have warranty which obligate them to make sure ur product work or refund or replacement of something of equal value

but i seen cpu / motherboard / video card been powered up for the worth of like over 15,000H if not 25,000H and they still seem to be working fine but there slow poke for variety of task of today

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5d4f404bdfc2e

Have in mind that ati cards till now are working badly compared to nvidia, the 7990 has the double memory bandwith of the titan but it works poorly compared to it. Architecture of ati cards are bad no matter how high their specs are. I'd go with gtx560ti, 660, 660ti, 760 or 770. It all depends on the budget. And I don't buy that the new ati card series are so cheap but they have huge spec, the R9 cards have the gtx770 specs but twice as cheap?

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By marcthpro

@gery_gorenshtein:

Have in mind that ati cards till now are working badly compared to nvidia, the 7990 has the double memory bandwith of the titan but it works poorly compared to it. Architecture of ati cards are bad no matter how high their specs are. I'd go with gtx560ti, 660, 660ti, 760 or 770. It all depends on the budget. And I don't buy that the new ati card series are so cheap but they have huge spec, the R9 cards have the gtx770 specs but twice as cheap?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/R9_280X_Gaming/21.html

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5d4f404bdfc2e

@marcthpro: I can see that the R9 with the 3Gb has 10fps more than the gtx 760, I need more benchmarks coz they are at the same price. I don't know what those MSI has on their GPUs but at least the 3Gb version is100$ less than the 770GTX so that's awesome news. I'd also like to see the 4Gb version of the GTX770