Is Kingdoms of Amalur worth 15$?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

white_wolf922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 white_wolf922
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

Steam has it on sale today for 15$ and I was just wondering if you all thought it was worth the price?  

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
No, imagine that you've just downloaded some MMO with offline mode only; Now think of all those quests that you're going to do alone... In other words save those 15$, and invest them in some good free MMO or just save the money and get Guild Wars 2
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

I have seen that game MULTIPLE times at $7 range. Steam is losing it hands on sale prices...

I havn't played it yet but, i hear mostly all positive things 

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

lol here you go. $7.50

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-us-canada/

Then again paying 2x is worth to have it on steam lol  Anyways that just clear example of the price 

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Free would be a bad price, since it'll waste your precious time.
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

No...it is a very,very bad game!

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
not sure why it gets so much hate, I had a lot of fun with it.
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
not sure why it gets so much hate, I had a lot of fun with it.Allicrombie
I'd jump off a cliff if during your whole gametime you didn't wish some friend or more people would join your adventure in that big open world maps. The whole idea of that game was supposed and built for playing online with other people, playing that game is like playing a dead MMO that has no community what so ever in it
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts

I thought the combat was fun. Payed full price for it when it came out. Dumped 59hrs into it before I got bored.

edit: and still only about halfway through, so it shows its not a short game. 

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I think its worth at least triple that, I really liked the game despite the exposition dump that was forced from a lot of NPCs. Really nice combat system, an interesting character customization system, interesting world, and an awesome art style (I'm a sucker for this particular look, so I'm biased).

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
[QUOTE="Allicrombie"]not sure why it gets so much hate, I had a lot of fun with it.PredatorRules
I'd jump off a cliff if during your whole gametime you didn't wish some friend or more people would join your adventure in that big open world maps. The whole idea of that game was supposed and built for playing online with other people, playing that game is like playing a dead MMO that has no community what so ever in it

not every game has to be multiplayer, that's one of the biggest problems in gaming today, developers are adding MP to everything nowadays and its sad.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

$15? Ehhh that $7.50 offer Swiss posted sounds a lot better.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DanielDust
[QUOTE="PredatorRules"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"]not sure why it gets so much hate, I had a lot of fun with it.Allicrombie

not every game has to be multiplayer, that's one of the biggest problems in gaming today, developers are adding MP to everything nowadays and its sad.

Yep, but there's a problem, this..thing, was designed to be a MMO, they had no funds left, rushed and cut most of what they planned, made it playable with one character and released it. What's sad is accepting this game and making it sound like devs are not forced to make a MMO be a...MMO.
Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Worth the seven bucks for sure..If you like elder scroll open world games..Combat is cool, quest can be a bore..Still fun though..SOme times the areas u out lvl fast..How ever its still fun combat..U can also change your skills at any given time..Sad this gae didnt make it big really..Thought it got a bad rap..Sure some things couldve been better but what game cant..I find elder scrolls combat boring as all hell..Oh god the flames a commeth wowes me i had my own opinion..

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Nah. I once saw Kingdom of Amalur with all the DLCs for $10 on Amazon. It is Origin only but the deal is way better than the one on Steam right now.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
The combat is actually really good. Its just a shame that the game around that combat quite boring. I played about 5hrs or so. Its basically like a single player MMORPG. I heard the combat gets even more fleshed out and interesting but I couldnt force myself to play it.
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Really bad game.  I wouldn't play if someone gave me $15 to finish it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
No, imagine that you've just downloaded some MMO with offline mode only; Now think of all those quests that you're going to do alone... In other words save those 15$, and invest them in some good free MMO or just save the money and get Guild Wars 2 PredatorRules
I don't think so and this is why. It feels like a single player MMO. I mean, there's tons and tons of content. It's just boring as all get out.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
I didn't really like it. The world was big but felt confined like an ants nest (tunnels and chambers) and the quests and locations felt too artificial to give me any sense of real adventure. I wasn't a fan of the art style either.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

It is not going to impress you alot, but for 7 or even 15 bucks I would say that it is worth it, it reminded me a bit of Two Worlds 2 in a sense, they feel like second tier RPGs with a ton of flaws sure, but getting a worse rep then deserved.

But as I stated, If you expect a deep compelling world with a good story, this aint for you. If you expect some simple fun and what comes down as a hack & slash dungeon crawler (ala Diablo 3, with a different camera angle) Then this will not dissapoint. For what it is worth it is a fairly fun game.

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="PredatorRules"] I'd jump off a cliff if during your whole gametime you didn't wish some friend or more people would join your adventure in that big open world maps. The whole idea of that game was supposed and built for playing online with other people, playing that game is like playing a dead MMO that has no community what so ever in itDanielDust

Yep, but there's a problem, this..thing, was designed to be a MMO, they had no funds left, rushed and cut most of what they planned, made it playable with one character and released it. What's sad is accepting this game and making it sound like devs are not forced to make a MMO be a...MMO.

I could be wrong, but I thought I read that they were going for a MMO feeling with the game, and not a actual MMO. It would make sense because the dev team was actually working on a MMO before they were shut down.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="Allicrombie"] not every game has to be multiplayer, that's one of the biggest problems in gaming today, developers are adding MP to everything nowadays and its sad.IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

I could be wrong, but I thought I read that they were going for a MMO feeling with the game, and not a actual MMO. It would make sense because the dev team was actually working on a MMO before they were shut down.

They were making an MMO, didn't have money to continue, gave birth to this gimped game and they thought with the money from its sales they might continue to make what they planned in the beginning a MMO, we all know how their story ended.
white_wolf922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 white_wolf922
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

Thanks for the advice everyone.  I decided to save my 15$ and buy Neverwinter Nights 2.  It cost an extra 5$, but it seemed like the better game.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

or just save the money and get Guild Wars 2 PredatorRules

Or he could invest in a good game.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DanielDust

Thanks for the advice everyone.  I decided to save my 15$ and buy Neverwinter Nights 2.  It cost an extra 5$, but it seemed like the better game.

white_wolf922
NWN 2 is an excellent game, especially its first expansion.